“An amazing hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Woodinville
“An amazing hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Awesome hotel!!! From check in to check-out, the whole stay was exceptional.
I am a hotel snob, it wasn't the Ritz but it was very nice. I had a complimentary upgrade. Checked in early, at 10:00 without any question. The room is very nice, free wifi and a desktop in the room for Kimpton members. The normal Luxury bedding/towels. I-pod docking station to charge my phone. Front desk even gave me a $10 credit for the mini bar as a promo they were trying. Great view of the water and the pool, from our balcony. The pool area, amazing! The guys working out there set up my towels in one of the small cabanas, free of charge. There are two other sizes of cabana rooms for fees, and the big one is just amazing. They had complmentary lotions, new magazines, and continued to come around with a pitcher of lemon water and kept our glasses full. I did order one cocktail out there also. Then from 5:00-:6:00 PM they had a hosted wine reception, poolside. Very nice touch. Excellent location for walking around downtown. Several fine restaurants in the area. They have good food in their restaurant as well, excellent salad! There is only valet parking there. My friends came to visit us and were only charged a small fee for the day. They are also a dog friendly hotel, for all those who need to bring their pets and I don't just mean little dogs, real dogs, too!! In the evening a server came by our room to offer items such as bottles of complimentary water. I also saw that if you are charged by your airline for a second bag, that if you show them the reciept, they will deduct the amount off of your bill. Just one great thing after another with this hotel. It is very nice. It was a very nice stay. Wish that I could have stayed an extra day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
HeatherERRN:
We wish you stayed another day as well.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic and detailed review. Thank you for communicating the details of so many of our programs, “we’ve got your bag” and that we are truly pet friendly.

Warm Regards,
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Turkish first
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

During my stay I there were people every where filling your glass with water and a slice of orange while you lounge by the pools. This was the best time I had ever had at any hotel! I highly recommend the Epic while you are in Miami beach. The service was fantastic and the rooms were beautitul and clean. The view of the water was tremendous! I stayed there for 3 days and I felt like I was at a spa! At the end of my vacation I didn't want to leave. The staff made me feel as if I were at home. I loved all of the little features too! Like the pools, the gym, the food, the staff and every thing in between! i highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Emily7587
Emily7587:
This was the best time I had ever had at any hotel! Ultimately; we want you to be relaxed, we want you to have fun, we want you to enjoy the service and we want you to return. Thank you so much for the extremely positive review we look forward to hosting your stay again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This hotel was great, right in the middle of downtown Miami. Its right beside a river and very close to a bay. I had a water view room but the room I was given had a not so great view of water so I called the front desk and they moved to me to a new room immediately. This room had a swimming pool view too and also the downtown view at the same time. Parking was $32 a night for valet (no self service available). There was a desktop with a monitor in my room and internet was free!! Overall, it was a great hotel and I loved my stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
mPraneeth:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback that you provided regarding the room move opportunity which occurred immediately and that you loved your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service.

Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed at the EPIC Hotel in Miami for our pre-wedding and night of the wedding. They were very accomodating in upgrade us to a suite as it was a special stay for us. Although one of the floors were flooded due to a busted pipe, they were able to still give us a room in a very nice location overlooking the water. We had other guests stay there as well and they were very impressed with the hotel too. The pool area, gym, and dining facilities are also top notch. We will not be shy about recommending the EPIC hotel, or any other hotels from the Kimpton chain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
kennyf1130:
Congratulations on your wedding.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review during such a pivotal moment in your life. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate your comments regarding recommending our property and the impressive customer service and amenities on your wedding day.

We look forward to hosting your future anniversaries and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service which intends to create momentous experiences and begin beautiful marriages.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

My wife and I traveled to this hotel last weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday and we could not be more pleased with our experience. First off, the hotel is centrally located in Downtown Miami and is just yards away from the freeway exit. A cab ride to and from the hotel to the hotspots of South Beach will cost you around $25-30 each way.

Upon checking in to the hotel we were greeted warmly and were given the keys to our gorgeous room on the 25th floor overlooking the pool with breath-taking views of Biscayne Bay where we were able to relax out on our deck and gaze at the South Beach skyline and watch the huge cruise liners go in and out of port. Another added bonus was the free internet set-up in the room. When I read this from other reviewers I had thought it meant there was just free Wi-Fi in the rooms. However, there is actually a keyboard and monitor in the room that's wired to the internet. This was a major surprise and a huge bonus to our stay and we used it to keep up on our e-mail and check local restaurants.

While staying at EPIC we spent one entire morning/afternoon lounging around the pool area and it was fantastic. The pool staff are very friendly, will cater to all your food, beverage, or towel needs, and even surprised us with free frozen fruit popsicles while lounging poolside.

To top it all off, you can start every night off right with free happy hour wine while enjoying the beautiful weather and scenes outside of the Area 31 lounge.

All in all - I'm very happy we chose this hotel for our stay and if and when we go back to Miami we will not hesitate to book here again. There's definitely a reason why this hotel is rated #1 in downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Harlaxton0530
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Harlaxton0530:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a Simply Amazing review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the friendly pool staff, the complimentary computers in all of our guest rooms and the complimentary wine hour provided daily.

miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

This was my 3rd time @ the Epic & I LOVE it! Even though I live in Miami, the Epic keeps me coming back.. Two nights of R&R here are like a week away for relaxation. Food @ Area31 is always fresh & tasty & the chef (John C) always stops by to say hello, making sure you're happy with the meal. Lunch by the pool is fantastic, especially with a bucket of chilled champagne & fresh strawberries- decadent, yet affordable! The rooms are not only beautiful & immaculate- they're sooooo comfortable. Best mattresses-zzzzzzz. Can't think of anywhere else that has beds this comfortable (and with gorgeous Frette linens!) Rooms are spacious with great views. Nice & quiet. Only problem is room service- why can't my food arrive as ordered AND hot? Each visit, had to send it back. Servers were very polite, but it's frustrating to call back, repeat order & wait again. Then, with luck, it arrives as ordered. (Still, it's better service than other Miami hotels) The pool is divine- perfect temperature, in fact, each pool has a slightly different temp, in case you like it warmer (as I do). And tthe pool staff (especially Ting-Ting!!!) is soooo helpful & cheery. The bar staff is super-excellent mixologists, (especially the two blondes). The bar manager is friendly & efficient & makes sure everytrhing runs smoothly- which it does!
This is a great hotel to duck into for a few days & take advantage of all of the amenities & never leave. You'll feel totally renewed and be able to eat, drink, play, relax, read & sleep all in one magnificent playground! Do yourself a favor and book a room (or suite) here- you'll be glad you did! My susperb experience here prompted me to become a Kimpton member & now I've also enjoyed other properties- Atlanta/Palomar & Vero Beach & of, course repeat visits to The Epic.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank miami305
miami305:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review. Thank you also for returning to our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding the details of your stay with us and acknowledging our employees. My apologies for your opportunities with In Room Dining; we will rectify immediately.

juniormint1111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

My job consists of practically living on a plane and a few quick nights at various hotels. Usually we check into a major hotel chain because we know what to expect...and therefore are not too disappointed. But my coworker was given a tip to switch our reservations to the Epic hotel a couple days before we left. When I found out that it was a Kimpton hotel I was extremely excited having stayed at one back home (Washington, D.C.).

When we first pulled up there was some construction dust that had us a little nervous, but after the valet and doorman came up to our vehicle we were so giddy. They had the cutest/fashionable/sexy little outfits ever! With matching Fedoras!!! I don't think I will ever forget that. They were so nice and friendly. The front desk staff checked us in and informed us of the nightly events such as ice cream and popsicles in lobby.

When we went into our room we were immediately blown away. A beautiful sliding glass door led to the grand bathroom with the largest tub I've seen in a regular hotel suit. I would have jumped right in if I wasnt stunned frozen by the huge window cutout thingy that allowed you to see into the bedroom from the tub/pool in the bathroom. Oh, did I forget to mention the twin bowl sinks and rainforest-esque glass encased shower?!?! My bad...

So now the room. The bed was great, but I was still gawking at the beautiful bathroom. There was a huge flat screen t.v. on the wall and below it sat...wait for it...your own personal computer!!!!! What the #$*@&?!?! Amazing! I am in love. I would have sat at that computer all day if it wasnt for the beautiful balcony with sweeping views of the water and the two infinity pools below us.

The pools were great. The service was even better. They bring you water with citrus fruits cut up in the glasses. Fresh towels. Wonderful seating. Perfect water temperature. I can go on and on and on...

Trendy nightlife can be found in the lobby. I think you have to be beautiful in order to enter...or maybe the ambiance of the hotel just makes everyone look beautiful anyway?!?

The only semi negative thing I can possibly say is that menu at the restuarant menu tends to run on the exotic side. If thats cool with you then fine, but I'm a meat and potatoes type of person so it wasn't quite cutting it, but the drinks are strong and affordable...and who needs food when you can't see straight after one sip?

I am planning on staying overnight in Miami before my cruise next month and I would love to stay there again! Too bad I won't be able to put it on my company credit card!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank juniormint1111
juniormint1111:
Wow, is all I can say too.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a detailed, yet humorous review. Thank you for communicating with us about the grand bathrooms, and the friendly service from both the Valet and doormen. My apologies regarding the dust upon arrival; we are currently creating a 1 acre green EPIC lawn adjacent to our property using sustainable materials for a menagerie of events.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service which intends to exceed expectations and create unique experiences.