“Best hotell I`ve ever visited!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

You added EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Biscayne Blvd Way, Suite 29, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
Up to 20% off your stay
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Skien, Norway
“Best hotell I`ve ever visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This hotel is pure heaven :) We stayed there 3 nights and it was magnificent ! Crisp and delicate luxury room with balcony and seaview :) The staff was extremly friendly ! Everyone seemed to care , from the doorman to everyone working there.

Dont think the prices was so bad either :) Great value! I even got free breakfast vouchers for every day :) An extra 50$ value pr day :) :)

Highly recommended!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Turkish first
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Epic Hotel was a nice alternative to the small overcrowded South Beach area rooms. I would have given it a 4.5 if that option were available as we really enjoyed our stay but, as with any new property, there are a couple of areas that they could improve upon but nothing that would cause me not to want to return.
The hotel is new with nice decor and was very clean both inside and out including nice new carpets in the hallways and rooms which is a big plus. We had a relatively spacious room that had a large balcony with a very nice view of the Miami River and the drawbridge across Brickell Street. While I wish the television would have been a bit larger, more importantly for me the room was quite and we could not hear the occupants in any adjoining rooms or passersby in the hallways, which for me, will ruin any hotel stay. The rooms also had a great bathroom that had a sliding door to seperate the area for the toilet from the rest of the bathroom, which is great if you are not traveling alone. My wife really liked the 2 large bowl sinks, the great shower and seperate large tub. The staff that we encountered were all friendly and seemed willing to help assist you find whatever it was that you had come to town for which in our case was some latin american dining. My complaints would only be that after two attempts the breakfast cooks were unable to serve an egg done overwell which for a fine restaurant should not be very difficult. The only other issue would be a staff member ringing the bell to the room late at night and then entering the room to see if we needed towels? This was just kind of random and I don't know if it was a mix up or what.....Those are the only small issues that kept me from giving this hotel a 5 star rating.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I had a 3 night stay at the Epic for business. I had a lot of work to do and I couldn't have been happier that I was staying here. The room was just amazing. I was shocked to see a computer in the room as well as an ipod docking station. I had amazing water view too. The bathroom and soaps and lotions were great too. Where the hotel really stood out was the service. I didn't check until after 11pm and restaurant had closed and I was starving. Still, they let me sit at the bar and allowed me to order food. When I needed to work they hooked me up with a free cabana at the pool where I could plug in the computer and enjoy the ambiance of the pool while I worked. I think I was supposed to pay for the cabana but it was a slow day so they didn't charge. It was just a fantastic stay and I can't say enough about it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
woodside, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I had such a wonderful experience at Epic. The hotel is nice, luxurious and clean. Spacious rooms, plush carpet, an umbrella for rainy miami days, a desktop computer in every room...loved it all.
The staff was very nice; greeted you with every eye contact. They upgraded me to waterview for free, and included continental breakfast. Continental breakfast was more than just fruit and pastries...included eggs and hashbrowns as well.
The staff at Area 31 was very nice, always smiling. I loved the complimentary wine reception. The crabcakes at brunch were amazing.
The pool and poolside area were so chic. I loved all the seating options. The pool attendants were great. They place seat covers on the chairs, and then roll your towels up into little pillows. They continously provide ice water while you stay. Loved it!!! Oh and one pool is heated. Made a great difference on cloudy days. Oh and the fitness center was state of the art. Clean with TVs on the cardiomachines. Oh and there's a barre for stretching. reminded me of my ballet days.

My only complaints are 1-I wasn't a fan of the scent of the toiletries. 2-River lounge, although is very nice, was not enjoyable for me. I went on a saturday and when asked about hiphop the DJ said "They don't let me play it." it was all electronic/house music. Not cool. Chic people like a little hip hop too you know.
I wish there were hotels like this in South beach, but there just aren't. Downtown isn't so bad though. It is walkable to The Bayside Marketplace.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed at the Epic with my wife and daughter (age 2) in the last week of July. This was our third and last week of our US vacation (NY, Orlando and Miami). We drove down from Orlando and was welcomed by a very friendly doorman and valet service. The hotel looks very nice and are located near/on the I95/US1, very convinient if you have a car.
We had a city view room and was pleasantly surprised of the size and an amazing bathroom. The PC in the room was very nice (great IT-solution with a lot of interesting information) and the internet connection very fast. I've also brought my laptop and could use both Wireless and cabled access to the internet (requires Kimton membership (it's free)). All the staff, from the valet to door-men and cleaning was very friendly and attentive, and it made us feel very welcome and comfortable. My daughter had an little accident in the room (after jumping around) and scrubbed her knee, at the same moment as housekeeping arrived. The housekeeper called security at once and a very nice man came within in minutes with band-aid. He left, but came back again within minutes with a chocolate bar and a rubber duck for my daughter. She got a new hero that day :-) Another day, I forgot to turn off the "do not disturb" light before we left, so the room wasn't cleaned when we got back. I turned of the light, and within minutes housekeeping was on the door (it was after 4PM) and ready to clean our room.

The Area 31 restaurant had a nice menu, especcially if you like fish, but they also got some great steaks and lamb. The staff of the restaurant was very serviceminded without beeing intrusive (in short words, we were pampered).

The pool area was also very nice, we used the pool almost every afternoon after coming in from the beach, sightseeing and/or shopping.

If I'm going back to Miami, either on vacation or business, I will certainly stay at the Epic again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
clauotero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Stayed here for about a week on my honeymoon before I went to Cabo San Lucas. We were upgraded to Junior Suite as a hotel courtesy since it was our honeymoon. The room was simply spectacular, they were huge!
I can't say much of the food since we only had breakfast there once. The pool was gorgeous and a very nice view. The service was top nothc, after a day or 2 everyone would call us by our names, it was very nice. I loved loved loved this hotel, will stay here every time I go to Miami. The rate was amazing also!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I chose this hotel because it was rated first in Miami on TripAdvisor and because the Miami hotels in the Hilton, Starwood and Accor chains at which I normally stay were either poorly located or poorly rated on TripAdvisor.

It is true that this hotel has a lot going for it. Modern rooms, comfortable beds, sea views (if you pay extra), nice pools, a good gym, free internet (if you sign up to the Kimpton loyalty programme), a business centre where internet access and printing is free, and decent prices. Some staff, notably Elizabeth, the maid on my floor, are lovely.

But in other respects, the Epic doesn't measure up. For a start, its location isn't great: it's in the downtown area, so there isn't much around. And while the pools are nice, they don't catch the sunshine for most of the afternoon. In the room, the shower was poor: weak pressure, and the water never got properly hot. The bathtub was uncomfortably squarish, so not conducive to relaxing in. But the worst part is the restaurant, Area 31, which is a big pity considering it's pleasant location.

The food itself is insipid. The huevos rancheros for breakfast lacked taste, as did the eggs benedict, and the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. The service was patchy and often offhand. The prices for dinner are high, yet the food doesn't measure up. Worst of all, I got food poisoning from my dinner there (probably the tuna sashimi-style "crudo"). I woke up at 5am the following morning with stomach cramps and diarrhea, and since I had skipped lunch the day I had dinner at Area 31, it can only have come from the restaurant. I didn't eat for a day afterwards and had diarrhea for several days. To be fair, when I complained, the hotel refunded my dinner and offered me a free dinner. I didn't take them up on the offer (once bitten, twice shy). And being ill put a real dampener on my stay - and my important business meetings.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil_London2
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
Phil_London2:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us; be assured that your candid feedback will assist our property in providing our guests with service excellence. Let me first apologize to you regarding the food and beverage opportunities which you encountered. Thank you for mentioning in your review the modern rooms, comfortable beds, free internet, business center and decent prices. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your stay by simply replying to my email correspondence previously sent. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. My sincerest apologies.

Warm Regards,
Sean McKeen
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
W Miami
W Miami
#72 of 119 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!