“Spectacular as soon as I walked in”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is my first stay at the Epic Hotel in Miami but I'll definitely be back! Jennie the receptionist treated me like I was family, answered all my questions about the local spots to visit and was kind enough to fulfill my request for a room overlooking Biscayne Bay. The rooms are gorgeous!

Everyone is so polite and welcoming, from the doormen to the concierge. Even the guests in the elevator told me to try the hotel's Zuma restaurant ~ when they learned it was my first stay here.

Add this hotel to your "must visit" list and I believe you'll be thrilled!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Biscayne Bay. They were kind enough to give me a King Suite : ) and it ov...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although situated downtown, the views over Biscayne Bay from this hi storey luxury hotel are beautiful. The hotel is contemporary in style with luxurious king size loungers around the pool on the 16 the floor. The staff were extremely attentive and you were made to feel like a VIP.
Of an evening, the vibe was very young and glamorous with a busy bar and DJ around the pool in the evening. A perfect spot for people watching!
The complimentary yoga mat in each room was a nice touch and enabled me to enjoy a few sun salutations whilst taking in that great view in the morning. Also the day was nicely rounded off with a complimentary wine tasting hour before heading off to dinner to one of many restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again when next visiting Miami.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view was worth it.
1  Thank Louisejan1971
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful rooms, the bathroom was stunning, didn't get a chance to try out the huge bathtub, staff were very helpful at reception and in the dining room. Would stay again if in Miami again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was our final hotel on our Holiday, so it was supposed to be something special. But it was not. The bathroom smelled like someone had puked there. The tub did not work and so on. We did complain to the reception but did only get an apology. If you are a family it is important to note that the room and the beds are small. It is also important to note if you are using CC you should not stay at this hotel, as the TV's does not have this as standard.
The pool area is nice and has a nice view of downtown Miami.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is overrated. Spent two nights here and nothing special. I thought with the spa and yoga classes and karma, that it would be a relaxing place. Yoga classes were only certain times, that I missed in the mornings, and very expensive. The spa services were at least $200 or more for an your. This was a young crowd hotel, not much to see around the downtown except other hotels and banks. Our room was placed right over the deck where the music was blasting until late at night. I was told I would get a water view room, but it was side of water with downtown view and they had no other rooms, and I am a reward member. Also, our room was right at the drawbridge that went up about every half hour and made lots of noise. I just wish we were told what we were in store for from the beginning. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are young and want a lot of noise, this is the area for that. A lot of noise on floor 21 wit...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanda K
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We spent two pre cruise nights here - a Friday and Saturday. PROS: The staff at check-in were extremely friendly. The price was not bad (our pkg was ~$200/night with free valet parking worth $37/night). We had a junior suite which was fairly clean and nice but the sofa was quite dingy. I don't understand why you would put white fabric in a hotel room but whatever. Very nice, large bathroom with double sinks, jet tub and glass-enclosed shower. The view was quite nice and we enjoyed the balcony. We also enjoyed walking down to Bayside for dinner the first night. The location of this hotel was great! About a ten minute drive to Lincoln Road/South Beach which we really liked.

CONS: The first night we called down to have the sofa bed made up for my daughter and after 4 more calls and 3 hours, two maintenance men finally came and made the bed. It was midnight and my daughter was exhausted by the time her bed was ready. Had the bed sheets/blanket been in the room, we'd have been happy to make it ourselves but they weren't. Because of this issue, I will not stay here again. We thought the price of the food was quite high. A tiny serving of creme brûlée for my daughter was $11 and two cups of coffee was $7, for example. Another reviewer mentioned the packed pool deck with blaring music and we were happy we were on the 27th floor so it didn't keep us awake. The pools were never all open and I think some of them were for the residents of the building (it is apparently condos as well as being a hotel). Valet took 20-30 minutes to retrieve our car each time during our stay (twice).

I can see why some may like this style of hotel but it is not for us. Next cruise, I'll stay a little further from the port for a better deal and service in trade for a little more of a drive on embarkation day.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the junior suite location on the 27th floor. Very quiet!
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here over Mother's Day weekend, and the staff went out of their way to make our accomodations very welcoming! The room had an excellent view of the bay, and the fresh orchid was a nice touch. We have stayed here many times, and always find it to be clean, the staff very friendly, and the location is great - lots of good restaurants within walking distance, minutes to South Beach and a walk around Brickell Key is lovely any time of day.The pool area and restaurant have always offered good service, and good quality food. The only drawback is the heavy traffic coming in and going out of the valet area, especially at night. But, overall, an excellent choice in the Downtown area. I would not hesitate to book a room here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple