WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas, United States
“An EPIC Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Every time I stay at this hotel, I like it more. Don't know if it is the unstated elegance and classy decor, the vibrant atmosphere fueled by the seemingly endless throngs of people looking happy and relaxed or the location itself, ensconced in the canal and surrounded by beautiful buildings. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and clean. The staff is elegant and polite and the views are outstanding. Staying here is indeed an EPIC experience.

2 Thank IJPT
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
IJPT
Thanks for sharing you wonderful review. We appreciate your compliments regarding EPIC’s classy décor, modern design and vibrant ambience, as well as our attentive and polite staff. We are thrilled to hear that you had an epic stay and we are looking forward to your return. Please be our guest again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple times I got checked in by the same guy both times I stayed here Mallik is great he remembered me from the first time I stayed here. He was very thorough and personable. He went over everything step by step and made it very easy.

Love the wine hour perk as well. When I went to grab a glass who was there to greet me with a glass of sangria? Mallik once again. Great service like all the kimpton properties.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
SPERONER
Thanks for posting such a great review. It makes us happy to hear that each time you visit Malik stands out with his great hospitality skills. We are glad you are enjoying all our perks we offer to our guests, especially our complimentary tea and coffee service each morning as well as our hosted evening wine hour. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed on the floor that allowed full access to the concierge lounge, which offered light tapas-style meals 5 times a day (hot breakfast, lunch, mid-day snack, hot dinner and evening dessert), along with a full open bar with premium brands. If you are a light eater, you could eat here without having to pay to go to any restaurants, which is tough, given the great options in Miami. The concierges were friendly and helpful, to the point of having a personalized list of weekly activities and restaurants, created based on feedback from other guests. Our suite had a wonderful view of the water and skyline. The hotel is located within a 12-minute cab ride to South Beach, and a 15-minute ride from the airport. It was a short walk to the local touristy market, as well as to the Brickell area, which we were told is a trendy option for locals who do not want the South Beach experience. There are also café style restaurants within 5 blocks walking distance, and without having to wait for the draw bridge over the waterways. We were also very happy to see that there was a scale in the bathroom; the only other place we ever saw this was the Trump penthouse in Las Vegas and the Rosewood in Vancouver. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a room on the concierge level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skytre
skytre
Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad you selected our club floor for your stay at EPIC and enjoyed the personalized service provided to you and our delicious selections, from a healthy start breakfast to hors d’oeuvre with a local twist and our sweet dream deserts. EPIC’s location is perfect to explore shops, restaurants and sights.
We are thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again. Please come back soon.
Homestead, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

As part of the local Arts Center we were invited to attend a special event at the hotel. This was on a Wednesday night and since we had to go to a concert in Miami Beach on Friday, we decided to stay at the hotel Wednesday through Saturday. What a treat. It was a little hard to find (Biscayne Blvd Way was not in our GPS) we were delighted with the place and service. One of the pools was under renovation, but unless you looked over the bushes they brought in to cover it you would not have notices. One of the highlights was Oscar and Adrian at the pool. They treated us like royalty, always checking on us and filling our glass with cold ice water. The only draw back which is why I did not give an excellent review was the valet. On two occasions, even after calling down 10 minutes in advance (like they asked us to) we still had to wait 20 minutes for our car.
If you can plan in the car delay, come to the Epic and have an epic experience. Oh by the way a must is Zuma Restaurant on the 1st floor!

Room Tip: As for higher floors with the bay view, beautiful at night.
Green Features: They truly follow environmentally friendly practices with the ability to recycle your cans in the room and just their bath amenities were just great. Kudos to Epic and others should follow suit.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oscar R
Oscar R
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the delay with your car. EPIC is a very happening place, with lots of visitors for our signature restaurant AREA31 as well as ZUMA. Just give us 20min notice and your car will be waiting for you. We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay and the service provided by Oscar and Adrian at our pool deck was very attentive and memorable.
We hope you will be our guest again.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I spent 3 different times at this hotel from May 2013 -Sept 2013 ... Celebrated my birthday here with great loving friends and Tion my friends boxer mix... Highly recommend this hotel and the views towards Miami Beach are amazing. Huge Balcony and Breakfast was amazing. Make sure you make early reservations for Zuma you can't miss it. Sit out on the water . I will return again to this great wonderful hotel and staff.. I give it 5 stars.
I had an amazing massage many times on my stay

Green Features: Dog friendly and very nice and helpful. Love it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Larry K
Larry K
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your review from your recent stay. We are happy to hear that each time you and Tion visit you have a wonderful time. Glad you celebrated your birthday ‘epic-style’.
We appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers. Please come back soon. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Sunland, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My name is Artin, a current inner circle member with the Kimpton group and this review is long overdue as I have stayed at The Epic countless times in the last two years, mostly for business trips but at times taking my family and loved ones.....

While staying at numerous Kimpton hotels across the country, The Epic is like no other. Their customer service, attention to detail (customer needs) and overall feel of the hotel is amazing. They go above and beyond to make you feel like your appreciated and I can't say that often for most if not all Miami based hotels. Their rooms are always clean, beautiful views in each direction and if your lucky enough to get upgraded which they kindly always do! well, your in for a treat.

Their staff is extremely friendly and always looking to make your stay pleasant. I've had the privilege of getting to know a few of them due to my extensive stays there for business and I have nothing but praise.

In particular I would like to point out a specific individual, Yoli Troncoso Spaulding. She works at the Epic hotel as a coordinator of sorts. I had the privilege of meeting her at the 5pm free wine hours at the Epic some time ago. She is what the Epic is all about! Her willingness to make my stays pleasant and help with any assistance needed on shorts notice is priceless. Even with other Kimpton property stays or anytime I've had emergencies or last minute requests for stays and needed information about other hotels, she's been a phone call away. I could go on and on about her willingness to make me happy with the Epic, but truth be told I could say the same about everything and everyone at the Epic.

I LOVE this place!!!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I LOVE this place!!!!

Artin H
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review. We are thrilled get such great feedback from such a savvy traveler and loyal Kimpton guest such as you are. It makes us proud to hear that you are impressed with our hotels amenities, comfy guest rooms and the attentive service, especially provided by Yoli. Your upgraded room is waiting for you. Are you ready to return?