Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$138
$108
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Breakfast included
$119
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$89
3,561 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantclub levelexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewrain showerpool areapool staffroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet service
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The Epic hotel defines the meaning of hospitality. I own a apartment in Miami not too far from the Epic, and yet I would rather spend an affordable amount to stay at this Hotel. Excellent service, huge rooms, every square foot of the room is useful. I have nothing negative to say. The breakfast and pool is a must to visit.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Davetheprotraveler
Thanks for your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel’s ambience, services and amenities. We are happy you are enjoying our restaurant AREA31, which recently reopened and our newly updated pool area.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here before leaving for a cruise. Located 2.5 miles from the port. Hotel itself is very nice, however the weekend s it does get loud with music at the pool & the restaurant/bar. Traffic noise is loud also in rooms next to the bridge.

Room Tip: Suggest getting a room on a higher floor (we were on the 26th & it was still loud). Also those ending with lower numbers are further away from the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

twistedz64
Thanks for sharing your comments on tripadvisor. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction and we like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the noises. Every Thursday and Friday night we host our AREA31 happy hour – voted best happy hour in Miami – on our roof top terrace, with DJ and lots of guests and locals. Please feel free to ask for a room facing the city skyline next time you return, which provides you more tranquility.
We hope you will be visiting us again and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the EPIC Miami for 3 nights in July and loved every minute of it! From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel like you’ve been whisked away to a resort. We were in Miami for my sister’s birthday – and at check-in they greeted us with champagne and happy birthday wishes. It was a very nice start to our stay.

The lobby and common areas are beautiful and nicely maintained. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We especially loved being able to step out on the balcony and take in the views. Each morning we enjoyed watching the boats come and go. We also spent a long afternoon at the rooftop pool and loved it. Great views, helpful pool staff, gorgeous layout, and even a dj one night. We didn’t want to leave! All the staff that we encountered throughout our stay were friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

There were so many nice touches that really elevated our experience and made our stay enjoyable. Without a doubt, this was my favorite Kimpton stay so far. We will definitely return, and we recommend EPIC to everyone we know! A top notch hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki607

Nikki607
Thanks for your lovely comments from your stay at EPIC. We are glad you and your sister had a wonderful birthday getaway and celebrated in style with some bubbly in a perfect setting. Our rooms and pool area with breathtaking views are definitely inviting for some R&R. We are glad you enjoyed our hotels services and ambience. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers.
We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here last December over the holidays, including New Years Eve. Our kids became sick with a stomach flu during the night and the housekeeping staff was incredible! I wish I remembered the name of the chambermaid who practically stayed in our room all night as she kept changing sheets, getting us water, tea, Gatorade, calling a doctor, bringing fresh towels and sheets, making the beds...she stayed with us for hours to help us through that night ! The next morning -New Years Day- we were so exhausted and changed our plans to not take another flight. I called down to the concierge a few minutes before check out and asked if it was possible to get a rental car that day. I had checked online and everything was rented at airport, and downtown locations mostly closed. Oscar called back within 10 minutes and said a car would be waiting for us in 15 mins...unbelievable service, and major discounted rental rate! I echo what everyone has said about beautiful spa, pool, lobby...a modern and happening vibe. If we return to Miami this holidays, this would be the only hotel I would consider staying.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank florida078

florida078
Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are sorry to hear about your kids, but we are happy to read your lovely comments about our caring staff. We are glad our employees were able to make necessary arrangements for you, to make your stay and departure as smooth as possible. We hope you will be spending this year’s New Eve with us again and looking forward to your return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am writing this letter to let you know about my experience while staying at the EPIC Hotel in Downtown Miami.

Overall my visit at your hotel was very comfortable. The front desk help was very attentive and polite. The person who worked the wine tasting event on Saturday afternoon was very generous and a pleasure to interact with. Housekeeping was friendly and helpful. When I heard music coming from the pool area, they told me all about the pool parties and encouraged me to go down and enjoy the event. The “turn-down” service staff was very efficient and punctual. However, there were a few hiccups during our stay that I wanted to give you feedback on for future improvement.

My partner and I were traveling with our pet, and we always prefer to stay at Kimpton Hotels because they make the extra effort to welcome our animals as part of our family. This is rare, but greatly appreciated. Normally when I book with your family of hotels, the staff already knows we’re traveling with our dog and has a bed, treats, bowls and a chew toy waiting for her. I was disappointed that the EPIC Hotel did not extend that courtesy to us. Also to my surprise was the lack of pet areas on property. When I asked the front desk for an clean and safe area where my dog could get some exercise and “make”, they referred me to a sketchy, dirty, gravel area under an overpass next to the hotel. Every Kimpton Hotel I have stayed at has prided itself on being pet friendly and they always have an area either on property or nearby where guest can feel safe with their pets. This was a huge disappointment.

My biggest disappointment was the valet service, only because it was my first impression of the property. Upon arriving to the property we were greeted with complete disarray. We arrived at 9pm on a Friday night and waited endlessly for a valet attendant to notice us. There must have been around 10 valet staff just standing around doing nothing as the continuous flow of vehicles arrived and waited for someone to take notice. Additionally, the entry way was incredibly difficult to maneuver when you have your valet staff ornate the front of the hotel like its a high-end car dealership. It’s completely uninviting and pretentious. This scene played itself out all over again on Saturday night. I understand there are trendy restaurants on property, but this shouldn’t come at a price to the hotel guest. Keep in mind, this driveway chaos is your hotel’s first impression. It’s a huge hurdle to overcome if this is where your guest start their vacations.

Overall, again I stress that your property is very nice, comfortable, and clean. However, the completely stressful situation trying to get in and out of the hotel and the lack of safe pet friendly facilities is enough to make me NOT want to return to the property.

Thank you.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor facing Biscayne Blvd Way. All you can see is the other hotel parking garage.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex A

Alex A
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your detailed feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at EPIC. However, we are disappointed to see that you felt we lacked on our ‘pet friendliness’ and that the area our staff suggested to walk your doggy felt unsafe to you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced regarding the valet parking service, as well. We are a very busy hotel with trendy restaurants and bars. Therefore, our driveway can get pretty busy on weekend nights.
We sincerely hope you will be giving us another chance and returning to EPIC with your ‘fury friend’ in the future.