“Epic Hospitality”

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay in the Epic about once a month during my trips to Miami. The staff whether they know me or not are always fantastic and willing to go out of their way to accomodate me. 9 times out of ten i have an upgrade awaiting me when i arrive. the views from the hotel are fantastic and Area 31 and Zuma are hotspots. I would recommend this hotel and venue for business or pleasure and give them the chance to stretch for you and you will not be disappointed. If you by chance have to wait outside for a cab, there are always beautiful boats, cars and women to admire. some of the best scenery in all of Miami.

Room Tip: i always want a room on the water side overlooking the miami river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Steven W
Thanks for sharing your wonderful comments from your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that each time you visit our staff takes good care of you and you enjoy our ambience and vibe at EPIC.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,407)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I consider Epic my home away from home due to my business travel, but when I arrived my birthday iiweekend, the Epic Team completely BLEW ME AWAY! Once I checked in, my friends and I were greeted with champagne and an amazing upgrade!!! I must admit, my guests felt like rockstars...amazing view + stellar service = EPIC TIME!!! Thanks again for ALWAYS exceeding my expectations! See you my next visit!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

K H
Thanks for your amazing comments. We are thrilled that we ‘blew you and your friends away' with our service and attention to detail. Glad to hear that you had an unforgettable and fun birthday, with bubbly and an upgraded suite. We are looking forward to your return. Please come back soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This Hotel was spectacular! Every year my friend and I celebrate our Birthday's with a Kimpton Hotel. This one was perfection. Upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk staff with Happy Birthday's and a glass of champagne. They quickly changed our room to a more pleasing room. Once upstairs we received a knock on the door with a surprise Happy Birthday Huge Chocolate Chip Cookie(it took us 2 days to eat). The customer service was to die for. The pool area was fabulous. They placed out towels out, came around with fresh water several times, even brought out a little fruit snack. This was pure luxury. The wine hour was always great. The Concierge Gabriel topped it off. He made reservations for my friends birthday at Trulucks. He made sure she had a fabulous Happy Birthday Dessert surprise at the end. Thank you Epic for making our Birthday's an Epic event!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Nique536
Thanks for sharing your wonderful comments from your stay with us. It makes us happy to hear that you celebrated your birthdays in epic style and you enjoyed the special attention provided by our staff. We truly hope to welcome you back soon, but for sure for your birthdays next year.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

In a nutshell -- swimming pool for hotel guests was too insane with loud music all afternoon -- we managed to go through to the (better) owner's side pool.
No locks on the bathroom doors - really?
Ready for this?................ the valet gave me the wrong car...... same make and model but..... are they parked by price tag?
We're not going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Doctorl13

Doctorl13
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. We are saddened to hear about your experience and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for not providing you the service you expected and deserve as our guest. We truly hope you will be giving us another chance and returning as our guest.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Epic Hotel was a delightfully new break from my normal " nerar the airport" routine when passing through Miami. While quite familiar with the new, uber-chic Miami depcited in movies and TV, I had no idea how vibrant a real it is - until a single night at the Epic Hotel, conveneintly located near the intersection of Biscayne and Brickell. Future overnights and longer stays will certainly be at the Epic - great staff, very multi-cultural and happening crowd...

Room Tip: Chhose one of the high floors for wonderful views...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

BusinessTraveler5931
Thanks for your amazing feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with EPIC’s modern design and vibe. It is great to see that you will consider us for future stays. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

If you have any questions or needs look for the manager Seth Campbell. Certainly he will take care of your trip with special attention.
The hotel is amazing. Zuma fantastic. Breakfast very good and cheap. Facilities all so good. Excelent location.

• Stayed: September 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Luis_rmangini
Thanks for your great comments. We are thrilled that you had an amazing stay at EPIC and that Seth, our Director of Front Office was very attentive and hospitable. We hope your travels will bring you back to Miami soon again. We would love to have you back as our guest.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My stay at EPIC was an overall pleasant experience. The staff were friendly and the room was large, modern, and clean. No complaints! I would certainly stay at EPIC again.

Note: The restaurant in the lobby, Zuma, is a great place for Japanese according to popular opinion. My experience is that it was good, but a tad on the pricey side.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

cfriedman2013
Thanks for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant experience at EPIC and found our staff service attentive and friendly. We are glad you enjoyed your dining experience at ZUMA restaurant, too.
We hope you will be our guest again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.