Kimpton EPIC Hotel
InterContinental
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$102
$93
$126
HolidayInn.com
$110
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$89
3,556 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantclub levelexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewrain showerpool areapool staffroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet service
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed at many Kimpton hotels and love their excellent service, nightly wine hour, great restaurants and comfortable rooms. Our room was beautiful with stunning views of the bay and out to the ocean. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Our main complaint was that all five of the nights we were there we were asked to leave the pool around 4:00-4:30 in the afternoon so that they could set up for a private party.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We arrived at 2:55 PM after a horrible flight experience in from Toronto and driving around Miami for about an hour due to bad directions provided by our GPS unit (if you're using Garmin you have to type in the exact address of the hotel rather than look up the hotel by name).

The front desk clerk said our room wasn't quite ready yet. We had been on the go and had not eaten since we got up for our flight at 6 AM. I looked at my watch then I looked at her again and asked what time check-in was. She answered 3 PM and then got on the phone with housekeeping and managed to get us a room on the 20th floor, I believe the room number was 2002. We had reserved a 1 BR suite. On entering the room my attention was immediately drawn to the horribly filthy couch in the living area. I am not exaggerating at all when I say that this couch should have been in a dumpster somewhere. It was so dirty I did not want to touch it, let alone sit on it. In addition to the overall filthiness and dirt, it had what looked to be pink hair dye all over the seat cushions, there was a large pile of crumbs on the chaise section of the couch, and red wine stains from someone's wine glass on one of the cushions. I immediately called the front desk to tell them that we needed to switch our room because of the couch. I also told them that they needed to send a manager up here to look at the couch, and for the price of the room the condition of the couch was completely unacceptable and the room should be closed until the couch is replaced. They could not move us to another room immediately so we went down to the hotel restaurant for some lunch. The restaurant was closed so we ate at the bar. This is when things started to get better. We were served by the bartender, I believe her name was Jaime. She was one of the highlights of our stay at EPIC. We had the pleasure of being served by her twice during our 4 night stay at EPIC and I couldn't recommend her more. After our delicious lunch we went to the front desk and they had moved us up to the same room but on the 21st floor. The couch was still pretty dirty and if I had seen this couch first I probably would have complained about it also, but in comparison to the couch in 2002 it was 100 times better. The rest of the room was fantastic, the balcony was HUGE with an amazing view of Brickell key, the Miami river and the port of Miami. The pool deck was below us on the 16th floor but we didn't hear any noise from it at all. We spent some time on the pool deck, the service was great and the amenities were fantastic. Went for a massage at Exhale spa, that was great too. Overall the room was great once they moved us, we really enjoyed having 2 balconies and letting the fresh air flow through the room. The bathroom was up to expectations for a 4-5 star hotel, very nice. Every time we called for our car to come up the valet brought it right away. Overall except for check in the service was very good and except for the couches the room & other amenities were great. On our last night there was some road noise due to some construction the day before where they had installed this metal plate on the road which bumped very loudly every time a vehicle drove over it. This is not the fault of the hotel of course and I was actually surprised how well the rooms were soundproofed considering the location of our room and the # of windows and doors it had that opened to the outiside.

The hotel really should invest in professionally cleaning the couches in the rooms or replacing them with leather couches which are easy to clean. The dirty couch really left a bad impression in an otherwise great hotel.

Room Tip: The 1 BR suites are fantastic, just be careful to check the cleanliness of the couch upon check in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TTP538
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to the Epic with my hubby for a belated Valentines Day weekend. We had a great time. The Hotel was gorgeous. The view from our Waterview King room was classic Miami. I can't wait to go back with the whole family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had very high expectations of this hotel from the start because of all the positive reviews - but it seems that it was a complete disappointment every step along the way. We booked the trip as a short romantic getaway.

I'll spare all the details that became an irritant on their own and stick to the main points.

1. We booked a room with a King size bed but were given a cramped room with two twin size beds. The hotel staff didn't seem to care. There is another Kimpton hotel in Miami and we suggested we'd be willing to stay at the other hotel if there was an equivalent room available. The representative at the front desk helped us look up the alternate room, but it then became apparent he intended to have us pay for the second room in its entirety. What sane person would pay the Kimpton for a second hotel room, and forfeit their initial reservation as a result of the hotel overbooking itself? Obviously this was a bad first impression.

2. We tried to accept that reality and not let it affect our stay, but as soon as we started to get ready for first our evening out, we were surprised to find that the drain in the shower was completely clogged and the shower quickly filled with water. We called down to the front desk and they said they'd send someone up. We went out for the night and upon showering the next morning - it became apparent that it was not fixed. We had to make a stop in person at the front desk to get it taken care of.

3. The house keeping staff walked into the room without knocking and caught my partner off guard and completely nude while changing into her swim suit.

At that point, the slow valet parking and over crowded pools were definitely more annoying than they should have been.

We subsequently sent a letter to the hotel and they never replied. I guess we'll never be staying at a Kimpton again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had very high expectations about the hotel because all the positive reviews. However the hotel turned out to be the biggest disappointment I have encountered so far. First of all our room was not ready when we get here, at 4pm! We had to wait around for an hour. They told me that they will call when the room is ready, which they never did. I had to go back to ask the front desk after I can't wait any longer. On top of that the reception was sort of rude. Secondly, the sanitary condition of the room was very questionable. We booked one of the suite. The sofa looked very dirty and had multiple staines on it. Thirdly we asked the housekeeping to make the sofa bed after we got in the room. It took them almost two hours to response to us. Whats more, the poolside lounge sofa also had questionable stains on them. The whole place looks like there was a messy party that's just ended. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family