WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
New Delhi, India
“Miami Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in March and I must say, the experience was fantastic. Unlike many other hotels in the US, this is a new property and the difference really shows. Must also commend the staff for excellent service from the concierge to the servers in the restaurant. Good location, easy to reach the beach with a short taxi ride, all in all a great hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shubhang_23
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Shubhang_23
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our staff and our great downtown location close to South Beach.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes .
Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here one night before a cruise. The hotel is downtown. It is an ultra modern Japanese inspired design. It is stunning. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was beautiful and very spacious with a water closet, double sink, jacuzzi tub, and very large shower. The pools are gorgeous and warm, and while we were there, live music played poolside. They had very nice pool cabanas for rent. A bar was also very close if you wanted a drink. There was a safe in the room, which alleviates the theft concerns that are often present in Miami hotels. The hotel restaurant was nice and the food was good, though it was overpriced, but that should be expected. It was a little bit of a walk to downtown's central dining area, but we walked it with our 6 year old, so it wasn't too far. The only reason I didn't give the hotel a rating of five is because of two issues we had while staying there. The first was the shower was dirty. The second was that the hotel staff banged on our door over an over, and then called our room at 2 a.m. to give us a mini bar keythat we had not requested. We don't know if it was a prank or mistake, but my daughter and I weren't able to go back to sleep. The next morning we called the manager and he was very apologetic but couldn't refund our room cost because we had booked through expedia. He did comp our meals at the hotel restaurant, though, so we felt like he tried.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the water or the bridge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stacie R
Stacie R
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am so happy you enjoyed our downtown location, the design, our lovely bathrooms with double sinks and the pool. So sorry about the the housekeeping opportunity with the shower. I already have that adressed thanks to your valued comments.
Please come back and visit us soon. EPIC wishes,
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My GF and I spent a couple nights on Christmas 2012 at the Epic. Great service from the get go with nice and helpful valet and bag boys. We arrived fairly early in the day, so our room was not ready yet. We had to wait for a couple hours, so we went to lunch. A while later we walked back, the man at the reception apologized for the inconvenience and upgraded us to a ocean view room.
Beautiful and clean rooms, with a very nice view of the port and river. Quiet and clean.
The pool area was also beautiful, however, the sun was only there from around noon until 4pm.
As with most US hotels, the restaurant was nothing special. Roomservice was ok, breakfast was ok, and the Christmas dinner buffet on the 25th was ok. Nothing spectacular here.
Check-out was a breeze, but we noticed they charged an extra night, which was easily fixed with a phone-call back home. Human mistake.
The best hotel I have stayed at in Miami and I hope I will have the opportunity to stay there again.

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful. Ask to get as high up as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fredde86
Fredde86
Thanks so much for your great feedback. I am so glad you got to enjoy our beautiful clean rooms with great views. We take a lot of pride in our staff and they will be happy to be recognized through comments such as yours.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked this hotel via our company. It is all very nice, fancy. Nothing to push back on (except maybe the music at the pool which was waaaay too loud on saturday afternoon).
The value for money is great.
Given the location it is a perfect place for people coming to miami for business, but for those looking for a holiday place it's probably better to stay in south beach.
Of note:
- large rooms, clean
- nice pool and gym areas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Epic for a long weekend. It was fabulous! It began with being greeted by the impeccably dressed bellman and valet. Everyone was very professional and courteous. We had a beautiful balcony room, facing the pools below. It was so beautiful and comfortable, we spent an entire evening on the balcony enjoying cocktails, taking in the views of the river and the buzz of the city. In the morning, breakfast at the hotel restaurant was exceptional, as well as the following morning's room service breakfast. Lovely hotel, great location! Will return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a one bedroom suite on the 28th floor. I have stayed at many other kimpton properties and this one was not the best, however it was still a good choice and I would stay here again. There are some improvements they could make to make it an even more enjoyable stay. I will detail the pros and cons below.

Pros:
- The view was incredible
- clean large balcony that was very usable.
- large bathroom with a large bathtub, and shower
- concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful
- the bartenders at area 31 were excellent!
- they allowed late checkout

Cons:
- valet took forever! however if you call down 10 mins before you need your car it will be there waiting
- if you do not rent a car expect to spend a lot on taxis to south beach/malls
- parking is outrageous 40 a night not including tips!
- I mentioned it was a special occasion via email, and phone however nothing was done, no complimentary bottle of wine, or chocolate covered strawberries as i have received at other kimpton properties
- if you want your room made up you have to push the make up room button on your way out in the morning
- The jets in the bathtub came on randomly in the middle of the night!

Next time I am in Miami for vacation I would stay on the beach as the location is more accessible, however I would stay here if I was on business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here while attending the music festival Ultra, so my rating for the location is strictly based on this fact. Keep that in mind when reading this review, though I'd also highly recommend this hotel for visitors not just in Miami for a weekend concert.

Since I didn't venture far from the venue, I can't say whether or not the location is ideal for going elsewhere, for example hitting up South beach, but staying here was a huge bonus in that it was walking distance from the venue and we could make stops at the hotel afterwards if needed.

The hotel itself is sleek in decor and clean. The rooms were cleaned sometimes twice a day. It has a great pool area perfect for sunning (or sitting in the shade if that's your thing) that wasn't crowded at all when I was there in March.

I didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel, but I did grab drinks at the bar. Great service from the bartenders, which is rare. All in all, the service was top notch, especially given the fact that the hotel had to deal with rowdy concert goers.

Highly recommend if you like boutique hotels that offer good rooms, great service, and a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013