New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“ING Marathon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

we stayed at epic hotel in downtown Miami for the second time and we had a great experience. the hotel rooms are very clean, the staff is extremely friendly and the food is good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone if they are staying in the downtown Miami area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kenmendo
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
kenmendo
Thanks for sharing and for being a regular guest of ours. I am happy you enjoyed our clean rooms, great food and certainly our extremely friendly staff.
We look forward to having you back again.

Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Epic on business and had a fantastic time. The room was great, check in was a breeze and the bar and restautrant were packed on a Thursday night. This is now my favorite place to stay in downtown Miami.

Room Tip: Get as high up as possible. See if you can overlook one of the pools.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Mark R
Thanks for sharing. I am glad we became your favorite downtown hotel. Our views are certainly spectaclar and and we will be happy to upgrade you to a higher floor whenever we have availability.
Please come back soon

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay at the EPIC on December 2011 before boarding a Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale.

We booked a City view room with Continental Breakfast. The room was spacious, comfortable & well-designed with great city views. The pool & gym were also fabulous!

The hotel has a boutique personalised service feel; the check-in process was quick and effective.

Good location, several restaurants, parks, small shopping areas, public transport and open city bus tours are very close by (5 to 10 min. walk). Taxi ride to South beach is about $25(20 min).

Hotel concierge kindly organised our limousine transfer to Port Everglades which was very convenient.

We had dinner at Zuma, the food was very fresh and well-presented accompanied by good service.

We would have loved to stay longer! we'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gia24
Gia24
Thanks for sharing. You mentioned the hotel has a "boutique personalized service feel". That's what Kimpton and EPIC are all about.
Please come back and visit us soon.

Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I were married in November and we stayed in the Epic before leaving for our cruise to Grand Cayman for our wedding. The staff of this hotel went above and beyond to make our trip special.

The views from the hotel are spectacular. It is located right on the water and most, if not all of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks either the canal or city of Miami.

It is located less than 5 minutes away from the ship terminal and is really in the heart of Miami. It isn't in the south beach area but they give you free bikes if you are up for a ride to the beach.

We are planning trips back to Miami and when we go, it will be at the Epic. Also, be sure to check out the pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John F
Thanks for sharing. We are happy to be your hotel of choice in Miami. Being located 5 minutes away from the the ship terminal makes us a great starting point for any cruise.
Please come back to visit us soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Epic service, Epic views, Epic food, made it to an Epic Miami Heat game. Comfortable bed. Clean rooms, Great vibe. etc.etc.etc. Literally my favorite Kimpton Hotels I have been to and I have visited about 15 different properties...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CJK1981
Thanks for sharing and considering us your favorite Kimpton hotel from the 15 you have visited. Being called EPIC both service and product related is a great compliment.
Please come back to visit us soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at Epic hotel. I have stayed at the Viceroy before and thought about staying there again but so glad I went with Epic. Not that anything is wrong with Viceroy but I was very pleased with Epic. From check-in to check out everything was great. The staff is extremely hospitable from the doorman, pool servers, bartenders, waiters, housekeeping, etc. I was never not greeted and there was always a smile. Those little details add up to make a big difference.

The room was great! I had a bay view and it was so refreshing to wake up to the bay breeze. The balcony is bigger than I imagined from pics and it made a for a great place to relax outside the room as the pool was below and just watch the boats sail by. Very relaxing! The bed is just as relaxing it was so comfortable and the bathroom is just as spacious. As I stated in my title, I didn't want to leave.

Lastly, as much as I enjoyed my Epic stay I must admit that the Viceroy pool is better. Other than that, everything was great and I will definitely stay again. I'll just visit the Viceroy's pool :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view...beautiful!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
nikkigfoster
Thanks for sharing. We pride ourselfs having great caring staffmembers and are happy to learn your comments such as "extremely hospitable, never not greeted and always a smile"
I am glad you also enjoyed our balconies!
Please come back soon to visit us.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Treated my mom to a weekend in Miami and what a treat it was. The hotel was very accommodating via email but with out pushing it down your throat. They helped me make dinner resv at Zuma which is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel, dont miss out. Look, you know everyone says its great, get it, got it, good. Let me tell you that for me its the simple things that make a hotel shine. For example I forgot my phone charger; its 1am valet line is out the door but they run and fetch my iPhone charger.... in the mean time the hotel has their charger brought to my room. Forget a razor? Toothpaste? Charger? no problem. Rock on Epic Hotel!!

I asked for a high room and viola that is what we received. The beds were comfy cozy and I slept like a dream. Wine at check in.

We went and watched the Heat whip Detroit and the hotel gave us 20% discount for those traveling to see the game.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends