“Spacious and luxurious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

You added EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Biscayne Blvd Way, Suite 29, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
Up to 20% off your stay
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney
“Spacious and luxurious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay at the EPIC on December 2011 before boarding a Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale.

We booked a City view room with Continental Breakfast. The room was spacious, comfortable & well-designed with great city views. The pool & gym were also fabulous!

The hotel has a boutique personalised service feel; the check-in process was quick and effective.

Good location, several restaurants, parks, small shopping areas, public transport and open city bus tours are very close by (5 to 10 min. walk). Taxi ride to South beach is about $25(20 min).

Hotel concierge kindly organised our limousine transfer to Port Everglades which was very convenient.

We had dinner at Zuma, the food was very fresh and well-presented accompanied by good service.

We would have loved to stay longer! we'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gia24
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Gia24
Thanks for sharing. You mentioned the hotel has a "boutique personalized service feel". That's what Kimpton and EPIC are all about.
Please come back and visit us soon.

Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Turkish first
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I were married in November and we stayed in the Epic before leaving for our cruise to Grand Cayman for our wedding. The staff of this hotel went above and beyond to make our trip special.

The views from the hotel are spectacular. It is located right on the water and most, if not all of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks either the canal or city of Miami.

It is located less than 5 minutes away from the ship terminal and is really in the heart of Miami. It isn't in the south beach area but they give you free bikes if you are up for a ride to the beach.

We are planning trips back to Miami and when we go, it will be at the Epic. Also, be sure to check out the pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John F
Thanks for sharing. We are happy to be your hotel of choice in Miami. Being located 5 minutes away from the the ship terminal makes us a great starting point for any cruise.
Please come back to visit us soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Epic service, Epic views, Epic food, made it to an Epic Miami Heat game. Comfortable bed. Clean rooms, Great vibe. etc.etc.etc. Literally my favorite Kimpton Hotels I have been to and I have visited about 15 different properties...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CJK1981
Thanks for sharing and considering us your favorite Kimpton hotel from the 15 you have visited. Being called EPIC both service and product related is a great compliment.
Please come back to visit us soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at Epic hotel. I have stayed at the Viceroy before and thought about staying there again but so glad I went with Epic. Not that anything is wrong with Viceroy but I was very pleased with Epic. From check-in to check out everything was great. The staff is extremely hospitable from the doorman, pool servers, bartenders, waiters, housekeeping, etc. I was never not greeted and there was always a smile. Those little details add up to make a big difference.

The room was great! I had a bay view and it was so refreshing to wake up to the bay breeze. The balcony is bigger than I imagined from pics and it made a for a great place to relax outside the room as the pool was below and just watch the boats sail by. Very relaxing! The bed is just as relaxing it was so comfortable and the bathroom is just as spacious. As I stated in my title, I didn't want to leave.

Lastly, as much as I enjoyed my Epic stay I must admit that the Viceroy pool is better. Other than that, everything was great and I will definitely stay again. I'll just visit the Viceroy's pool :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view...beautiful!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
nikkigfoster
Thanks for sharing. We pride ourselfs having great caring staffmembers and are happy to learn your comments such as "extremely hospitable, never not greeted and always a smile"
I am glad you also enjoyed our balconies!
Please come back soon to visit us.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Treated my mom to a weekend in Miami and what a treat it was. The hotel was very accommodating via email but with out pushing it down your throat. They helped me make dinner resv at Zuma which is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel, dont miss out. Look, you know everyone says its great, get it, got it, good. Let me tell you that for me its the simple things that make a hotel shine. For example I forgot my phone charger; its 1am valet line is out the door but they run and fetch my iPhone charger.... in the mean time the hotel has their charger brought to my room. Forget a razor? Toothpaste? Charger? no problem. Rock on Epic Hotel!!

I asked for a high room and viola that is what we received. The beds were comfy cozy and I slept like a dream. Wine at check in.

We went and watched the Heat whip Detroit and the hotel gave us 20% discount for those traveling to see the game.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our fourth wedding anniversary. We got a fantastic rate online that included complementary valet parking so we got a great value for a 4.5 star hotel. Upon arriving, they gave us a voucher for complementary breakfast and had complementary champagne in our room celebrating our anniversary. We requested a room on a higher level which they accommodated free of charge. Overall the staff was very sweet and genuinely excited that we were celebrating our anniversary with them. The rooms were very clean, modern, and spacious. The features in the room such as the wide tub and in room computer with internet access were awesome. And the view, absolutely stunning! I felt the lobby and pool area were a bit too artsy contemporary for my taste; I didn't feel comfortable. Beautiful, nonetheless. Our free breakfast was awful. It was a semi buffet style that had "fresh" fruit which was bruised, cereal in the box, and hard breads. Can't complain for a free breakfast, but wow. Also, my only other complaint is that there is only valet parking available which is expensive. This is the case for any downtown Miami hotel though so I don't hold it against them. There is plenty of restaurants and things to see within walking distance which is a huge plus if you have ever driven in downtown Miami. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the EPIC!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, you'll get a better view and be further away from the pool/bar deck so it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
AmberFL
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Anniversaries are very special occasions and I am glad we were able to contribute in a positive way. Refering to our staff as very sweet and genuinely caring is a great compliment and we appreciate your comments!
In regards to your breakfast experience, I have personally spoken to our Chef and he will look into your observations.
Please come back and visit us again soon. EPIC wishes

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Another great Kimpton experience. This hotel is extremely luxurious and has a very modern feel. Cool lobby and very attentive staff who are ready to help with whatever you need. Rooms are good size with outstanding bathrooms. Only negative is the TV which seemed dated and was not HD. Nice large balcony and good views of the water. Zuma restaurant is very hip and crowded with the quintessential "beautiful people." Get reservation way in advance. We ate at Area 31 and had a good meal. Very nice server made the meal even more enjoyable. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013
ATLFamilyofFour
Thanks for sharing your great experience with us. We loved to learn that you enjoyed our attentive staff and the outstanding bathrooms. We believe that a great product including our restaurant Area 31 can only succeed in conjunction with good service. Being recognized as such makes us proud of what we do.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes

Jaqueline Ploettner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
W Miami
W Miami
#72 of 119 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!