WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Phone Charger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Treated my mom to a weekend in Miami and what a treat it was. The hotel was very accommodating via email but with out pushing it down your throat. They helped me make dinner resv at Zuma which is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel, dont miss out. Look, you know everyone says its great, get it, got it, good. Let me tell you that for me its the simple things that make a hotel shine. For example I forgot my phone charger; its 1am valet line is out the door but they run and fetch my iPhone charger.... in the mean time the hotel has their charger brought to my room. Forget a razor? Toothpaste? Charger? no problem. Rock on Epic Hotel!!

I asked for a high room and viola that is what we received. The beds were comfy cozy and I slept like a dream. Wine at check in.

We went and watched the Heat whip Detroit and the hotel gave us 20% discount for those traveling to see the game.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our fourth wedding anniversary. We got a fantastic rate online that included complementary valet parking so we got a great value for a 4.5 star hotel. Upon arriving, they gave us a voucher for complementary breakfast and had complementary champagne in our room celebrating our anniversary. We requested a room on a higher level which they accommodated free of charge. Overall the staff was very sweet and genuinely excited that we were celebrating our anniversary with them. The rooms were very clean, modern, and spacious. The features in the room such as the wide tub and in room computer with internet access were awesome. And the view, absolutely stunning! I felt the lobby and pool area were a bit too artsy contemporary for my taste; I didn't feel comfortable. Beautiful, nonetheless. Our free breakfast was awful. It was a semi buffet style that had "fresh" fruit which was bruised, cereal in the box, and hard breads. Can't complain for a free breakfast, but wow. Also, my only other complaint is that there is only valet parking available which is expensive. This is the case for any downtown Miami hotel though so I don't hold it against them. There is plenty of restaurants and things to see within walking distance which is a huge plus if you have ever driven in downtown Miami. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the EPIC!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, you'll get a better view and be further away from the pool/bar deck so it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
AmberFL
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Anniversaries are very special occasions and I am glad we were able to contribute in a positive way. Refering to our staff as very sweet and genuinely caring is a great compliment and we appreciate your comments!
In regards to your breakfast experience, I have personally spoken to our Chef and he will look into your observations.
Please come back and visit us again soon. EPIC wishes

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Another great Kimpton experience. This hotel is extremely luxurious and has a very modern feel. Cool lobby and very attentive staff who are ready to help with whatever you need. Rooms are good size with outstanding bathrooms. Only negative is the TV which seemed dated and was not HD. Nice large balcony and good views of the water. Zuma restaurant is very hip and crowded with the quintessential "beautiful people." Get reservation way in advance. We ate at Area 31 and had a good meal. Very nice server made the meal even more enjoyable. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013
ATLFamilyofFour
Thanks for sharing your great experience with us. We loved to learn that you enjoyed our attentive staff and the outstanding bathrooms. We believe that a great product including our restaurant Area 31 can only succeed in conjunction with good service. Being recognized as such makes us proud of what we do.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes

Jaqueline Ploettner
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a car lover, my enjoyable stay began with the entrance area full of Ferraris, Bentleys, and Rolls Royces and continued with the friendly valets, and prompt easy check-in. I arrived a little early, but my room was readily available. I was on the 27th floor in a king bed room. The room was relatively quiet, had a great view of the pool and water, and was very comfortable. The fitness room had everything that I needed for a workout on the road and was well kept. During my stay, I enjoyed an excellent massage in the relaxing spa. My only complaint is that the spa shower was not as clean as it should have been. Check-out was also very smooth and again the entrance area was great for a car lover.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
MRTwx
We love to hear guests stay that they had a good time with us. Our busy friendly valet team is taking good care of the gorgeous cars they are being trusted every day.
Please come back soon to visit us!

Oslo, Norway
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,607 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

As always I booked this hotel on the basis of the reviews on tripadvisor. I had a fairly good idea of what to expect, and my expectations turned out to be quite accurate. If not 100% accurate its because the hotel turned out to be even better than I thought it would be.

We arrived in our rental car in front of the lobby, and all though we had rented a rather expensive car, it seemed like a Volkswagen from the eighties compared to the cars parked outside of the hotel. We were instantly ambushed by a flock of uniformed hotel staff members. They asked us how we were doing, and I replied "not bad, but I have a rather bad backache". Chris - I think his name was - gave me some comforting words before he removed all our luggage from our car faster than a tornado and polite as a preacher.
All the staff members turned out to be nice people, but an extra thumbs up to Chris! A true professional and a gentlemen!
We entered the lobby and were immediately given a glass of wine - it was happy our! Not bad. The lobby was a sight! One of the nicest I have seen. Very stylish and with a modern design.

Check in was smooth, and after a while of wine drinking, Chris showed us our room.
And what a room! We stayed at the club floor and had a beautiful view of the canals and the sea, and the restaurant and the pool.
The room was really nice and especially the bathroom was top notch.
Despite my worsening back pain I slept like a child. The AC was also better than I am used to from many american hotels. The room felt perfectly tempered most of the time.
My only small complaint is that the house keeping was not as good as one could expect. No turn down service, and not the best bath room cleaning I have seen.

We did not have breakfast, and the main reason for that is the pricing. Staying at the Epic is not cheap at all. We paid about 1200 dollars for four nights and thats all right because the hotel is so good. We do not mind paying whatever it costs for a good hotel, but we do mind paying lots of money without getting a good experience in return. We ate at the hotel restaurant Area 31 on our first night, and after that meal we decided to eat breakfast outside of the hotel. Value for money at Area 31 was nothing else than shockingly poor. The food was ordinary, and my main course - some fish from the Amazons - was actually not good at all. The service was nice but not very enthusiastic. And why is it that when ever you order fish, you always end up with a tiny piece of fish meat and a few vegetables? My girl friend ordered a steak and got a whole cow (almost)!
To sum it up; The Epic is a very pretty hotel with lots of pretty people; both guests and employees. But keep in mind; its pretty expensive too; like 22 dollars for two small cups of coffee delivered to your room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Imedvindfranord
Thanks so much for sharing. Having booked us based on Tripadvisor reviews is great, having exceeded your expectations is what we always strive for and I am glad we have succeeded!
I have passed on your positive feedback to Chris, our Front Office agent and he was happy to be recognized.
Please come back soon to visit us.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

A free upgrade is not the only way to impress me, but I must say that it certainly helps win me over! That was my introduction to the hotel so it certainly began on a high note and didn't stop there.

First, the location is impressive. Right on the water yet in the Brickell area (downtown Miami, the financial district). Our room on the 23rd floor had a gorgeous view of the city, ocean, and pool area below. Second, the room was impeccably clean and in order. Third, the hotel pool, fitness facility, and restaurants were wonderful.

I do have a few suggestive tips. #1, sign up as a member for their loyalty program. This was my first experience at a Kimpton hotel, and prior to my arrival I completed my travelling preferences which were fulfilled 100%! They ask you about your preferences for high floors or low floors, feather pillows or foam pillows, your favorite newspaper...etc. I was highly impressed that all my preferences were catered to. #2, This seemed like a great hotel for families, solo travellers, business, and couples. There was a mixture of these classifications, none of which were overwhelming. #3, I would not recommend the hotel if you are planning to spend the majority of your time in South Beach, which will cost you about a 15 minute drive and/or a $20 cab ride.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie K
Stephanie K
Thanks so much for sharing. I am so happy you enjoyed your upgrade and our outstanding free membership program Kimpton in touch.
We can't wait to have you back!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. I had seen pictures but am not sure they do it justice. It was just lovely. Our room was beautiful. We had a wonderful view that overlooked the canal. Nice size, very convenient layout and the furniture was all very comfortable.

The beds were great, linens were fantastic. My only complaint about a Kimpton hotel is, the temperature control in the room at night. We like to keep our room cool at night (in the mid 60's, year round, if possible). It appeared the room and the thermostat had a motion sensor so that it would shut off if it didn't detect any movement. We were miserable the first night! The second night, we tried to plan ahead and keep the temperature cooler well before bedtime. Still, I found it very frustrating to be paying this much for a room and not be able to set the temperature to a comfortable setting. This wasn't a problem at the Holiday Inn Express I had to stay in a few days later!!

The bathroom was beautiful, the location was great, staff was friendly. We used the fitness room and it was adequate. A couple of the machines were out of order which was a little frustrating as it became more crowded and the stretching/mat area was cramped but the facility itself was nice. We also managed a trip to the spa. I really wish we hadn't. My massage was so-so at best and the spa facilities are anything but luxurious. This surprised me. The ladies changing room and bathroom felt like something you would find at a nice gym, not spa-like.

All of this being said, I am not sorry we stayed here. It was beautiful and convenient. However, if we ever head back to Miami, I may look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cezek
Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bed and the linen.
I wished you would have mentioned the issue you had with the AC, we would have been happy to have it adjusted your way!
We would love to have you back!