“Relaxing and Rich” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Relaxing and Rich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Business meeting there. Rooms were great, hotel staff excellent and very helpful. Pool area was very nice and the views are great from rooms and pool deck. Zuma restaurant was outstanding and I'm not a big Japanese food fan. Local nightlife is close enough to walk or a very short cab ride. Miami is high energy and hits place and staff are too, but rooms are great to totally relax in.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Daniel J
Thanks for your review and for visiting EPIC while being on business in Miami. We are glad you had a successful visit and got some R&R in at our amazing pool area. Our restaurant AREA31 and restaurant ZUMA are hotspots and Miami and it makes us happy you enjoyed their cuisine and service to the fullest.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the Epic Hotel while on last-minute 3-day business trip, arriving at 1:30 am on a delayed flight from California. The room (King Suite - Room 2719) was excellent in every way- from the cleaniness and comfort of the room to the spacious bedroom and equally spacious spa-like bathroom. The entire suite is designed for relaxed comfort with large flat-screens in the living room (it has a hide-a-bed L-shaped sofaI) and bedroom. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful whether house-keeper and doorman to reception desk and operator. I will stay here again on my next trip-business or pleasure. I am pleased to join the circle of appreciative guests who have recorded their positive experinces here as well.

Room Tip: Corner suites have spacious patios off the living room and the spa-bathrooms to sit outside and enjo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SanDiegoGuy1
Thanks for your superb comments. We are thrilled that we created an amazing experience with our attentive and friendly service and our comfy and relaxing rooms.
We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back in the future.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Did I know that I would be treated like a VIP who had stayed at EPIC- Miami in the past? No, but that's the feeling I had from the moment of check-in until the moment I left not 20 hours later. I felt like the only guest registered, and I LIKED IT! Great staff, location, and value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jack B
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback from your stay at EPIC. We are very happy to make you feel as the one and only guest and like a VIP during your stay. Our staff is amazing and we are happy you noticed this.
Please be our guest again. We would love to have you back.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is my second stay at the EPIC and once again I am overwhelmed at the amazing service and beautiful accomodation of this hotel. I chose EPIC for my birthday getaway after staying there a few months prior and Im certainly happy I did. Not only was check in quick and efficient but because of my birthday I was upgraded to a club level room and given a bottle of champage on the house! I had the opportunity to receive discounted spa services and a free glass of proseco at the restaurant. It truly was a wonderful experience and EPIC indeed is my place to stay in Miami!

I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The view at club level is worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn_SS
Thanks for your incredible posting on Tripadvisor. We are glad you selected EPIC for your birthday getaway and our staff created an amazing experience for you. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.
Claymont, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We enjoyed our stay immensely. Beautiful hotel, friendly staff,good food. Matt and Christain couldn't have made our check in any smoother. Both are very professional,helpful and so very personable to us. Can't say enough about those two! The suite was amazing,great water view, clean and comfy. We ate at area 31. The food was great. And the service Excellent. Alvaro was our waiter, he was very knowledgeable of the menu, helpful in deciding on what to eat, and had a great sense of humor. We requested him every time we ate there, which was often during our stay.Just loved the pool. Carlos was there for anything we needed. He was very attentive and friendly. All of these people made for a very nice vacation. Thanks to all. Great Place to go in Miami. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BettyJane H
Thanks for your excellent review. We are thrilled to see that you had an amazing stay and felt pampered by the personalized service our staff provided. The views from our suites are breath-taking. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I really liked The place. Within walking distance To business meetings And little Habana shops And restaurants.

Living here You don't need a Car, which It makes your Trip much more comfortable.

I had a great ROOM with great views, loved The pool And The service AT The pool was extraordinary.

I also loved de Etro toiletries!!! Congratulations!!

Great place To go in Miami. I will come Back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012
PepeGoteras
Thanks for sharing your excellent feedback from your stay. We are glad you enjoyed EPIC and our special amenities. Our location in Brickell makes it very easy to get around, to explore Miami’s great shopping, restaurant and nightlife venues.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was going to be in Miami for the night and, having been wanting to try a Kimpton property, decided to book at the EPIC. I arrived at the hotel early, valet parked the car ($36 per night), and proceeded to the front desk to check in. The lobby was modern and sparsely furnished. I was immediately greeted by a friendly front desk agent and promptly checked in to my room.

I booked a city view, but was upgraded to a water view room. Upon arrival in my room I went to check out the view from the balcony. I was surprised to find a nicely sized balcony with a table and two chairs. Oh, yes, there was also a dirty bath towel drying on a chair, an ashtray filled with cigarette butts, and a Sony camera lens cap left behind by another guest. The bathroom also had a dirty make up removal cloth on the floor. Obviously attention to detail was lacking, but everything else in the room seemed to be clean and in order. My time was tight on this trip, otherwise I would have asked to be moved to a 100% clean room.

I was given a $10 mini-bar credit at check-in as a "welcome gift," but the mini-bar was locked. Never bothered to ask for a key, so my welcome gift went unredeemed. I didn't have a lot of free time during this trip, so I didn't take advantage of any of the hotel services, restaurants, lounges, or amenities.

I appreciate the modern style, comfortable furnishings, and spacious rooms, so I may give this hotel another try when I'm in town again. However, next time I'll be a bit more demanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank J J
J J
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear about the experience you had as our guest. To receive a room in a condition as you described it is purely unacceptable and we sincerely apologize for this lack of service. We would appreciate a second chance, to provide you with the service you expected and deserve.
Please be our guest again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
W Miami
W Miami
#72 of 119 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!