“Amazing room, great value”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #18 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My first stay in a Kimpton hotel and very impressed.

Arrived late into Miami - major travel delays - but minimal fuss at check in and an upgrade.

Really nice room with balcony overlooking the water. Really good air con - not too noisy!! Wifi that is free if you sign up to the loyalty scheme.

Breakfast good - really friendly staff, although on first day had to ask them to stop drilling in the kitchen during breakfast service as noise was incredible and was having a business breakfast. But no arguments and stopped instantly.

Nice bar area, gorgeous bathroom - standard rooms are also good (managed to get a peek!).

Also needed a late check out - decided the night before, and sorted with a quick call down to reception (albeit at a cost..but fair enough as was another half day after check out time). But other hotels can make this a real drama - all fixed here with one 2 minute phone call.

I would absolutely come back here, but also actively seek out other hotels in the chain (and hope this one is a good indication).

• Stayed: October 2012
Jacqueline P, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Businessclass2012
Thanks for your amazing review. We are glad you had a fabulous stay and enjoyed our prompt service at EPIC. We are happy to hear that you like to check out more Kimpton Hotels in the future. We would like to have you back as our guest again. Please return soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Generally I stay in South beach, I decided to switch it up and pick the Epic hotel. Mainly because I love the Kimpton hotel chain. But the best part was how Greg and Rachael from club level cater to our needs.

Room Tip: Club level is the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Cari0ki
Thanks for your review and for selecting EPIC for your stay while visiting Miami. We are glad you enjoyed our club level service and that Greg and Rachel made a lasting impression.
Please be our guest again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Something is wrong at the Epic. I've stayed on the club level before (and was a big supporter on Trip Advisor) and this past stay (7 nights) was a disappointment. Firstly, room at checkin was "off." Radio didn't work and left bathroom sink was clogged. Mattress was lumpy and bed was never quite made properly (despite leaving 20$ tips every other night for housekeeping). What was truly perplexing was that after leaving laundry on the second day they omitted to give me new laundry bags and/or laundry forms. I subsequently requested from the "club level" concierge that new bags be left in my room. They never gave me more bags despite requesting every day. Bizarre! I actually had to carry my laundry through the hotel to the concierge and ask for a plastic bag on 3 different days. I also requested an additional "Duvet" which I used every night but was never actually added to the bed. They would simply leave it on a chair. The final amusing anecdote was when I had the "Do not disturb light " on the laundry service came and knocked on my door and then proceeded to call me in the room repeatedly. No nap for me. Ultimately, I have had good experiences and hope this is an outlier and I was just in the wrong room on the wrong week.

• Stayed: October 2012
Jacqueline P, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Picardnj
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at EPIC. We are truly sorry we fell short in our service during this stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconsistent and inattentive Housekeeping and Club Level Service. We hope you will be giving us a second chance and promise to exceed your expectation again next time you are visiting.
We appreciate your business and would love to have you back as our guest.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Generally when I visit Miami I stay in South Beach, but I was sent here last minute because of Hurricane Sandy. I am quite happy with the hotel. The location is great - right on Biscayne Bay Blvd and in walking distance to the office and restaurants in the area. There is a pier at the hotel, so you can park your yacht - which there was one.

The room is spacious. It has flatscreen TV, computer, cordless phones, and mini fridge. I also requested a coffee maker. Comfortable bed. Not sure who makes the sheets, but they were more than adequate. Also rooms have a balcony with two chairs and table overlooking downtown.

The bathroom modern and well appointed. It has separate shower and tub with toiletries by Etro and bath fixtures by Villeroy & Boch and Toto. Robes by Frette.

They offer coffee and tea in the morning, and wine and snacks in the afternoon, at the lobby.

Gym is much better than your standard hotel fare with Life Fitness machines, free weights, treadmills, and ellipticals. There are also a dance studio and yoga room.

The pool area is great and well serviced by attendants. Lots of beautiful women in bikinis - what's not to love? Plus they offer cabana rentals.

There is a spa, but not well know. You'd be better off booking the Biltmore Hotel's spa.

Parking is valet only and an extra per day charge, but my company paid so I am not sure of the cost.

The hotel also has a lounge called Kyma on the ground floor (which is always empty), a hotel restaurant on the 16th floor called Area 31 (which is overpriced and average). However they also have a super trendy restaurant on the ground floor called Zuma, which books a month in advance - excellent food, drinks and decor.

This not a 5-star luxury hotel a la the Oberoi or Aman groups, but a very hip business friendly hotel. All in all the Epic is THE PLACE to stay in downtown Miami and would come again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

PD2K
Thanks for your excellent review. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our location in Brickell Miami, our comfy and modern rooms, our gym and amazing pool area.
We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary coffee and tea service each morning and mingled with us during our hosted wine hour in the evenings.
Thanks for naming EPIC as ‘The Place to Stay” in Miami. We are looking forward to your next stay, please return soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

In Miami on business for a few days and first time staying at this "Kimpton". Have stayed at their resort in Vero Beach and rooms are a familiar/comfortable layout. And CLEAN! Staff very friendly upon check in and all during my stay. Upon arrival, my first thought was, "kind of like a W". Place has an upbeat, youthful feel, but unlike a W, it's not dark with questionable color accents. You can actually see where you're going and a person with some age, such as myself, does not feel out of place. They even offer complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning which is a nice touch. Location is super for getting around on foot. My only negative, which in the scheme of things is minor, a draft beer at Area 31 hotel bar/restaurant was $8, and not even a full pint.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jacqueline P, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

TommyLongboat
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We are glad you had a wonderful time, you felt comfy in our modern and chic guest rooms and our staff was welcoming and friendly. We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary coffee and tea service each morning and we hope you will be joining us for our evening hosted wine hour next time you are visiting. Please be our guest again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

How truly EPIC this hotel really is! I want to start out by saying I am no stranger to staying at 5-Star hotels and I have admit the EPIC Hotel has by far been the BEST hotel I've stayed at! Right off the bat I was blown away by the resort! You pull up and see nothing but LUXURY cars(Mercedes, BMW, Range Rovers, Audi R8, Bently, Masserati) list goes on!! I was checked-in and even though my room I originally booked (Club Level City View-King) was not ready after the check in time I was offered to have my bags taken and escorted up to the CLub Level Lounge! I was offered a drink and snacks to kill time while my room was still being prepared! Low and behold I was automatically UPGRADED to a JUNIOR SUITE! AWESOME!!! The WHOLE entire team has world-class customer service skills. I would like to specially recognize the following staf members. Sonja, Stephanie, Raquel, Ashley, Christian and Gene. They all went above and beyond to ensure that the celebration of my 4 years anniversary went picture perfect! I have absolutely no complaints! The entire trips stay was phenomenal and I would recommend this hotel to ANYBODY who is looking to get their money's worth at a luxury hotel! It's too bad there aren't 10 stars to give because I would rate it that high if possible. I will make this my primary hotel from now on when i visit Miami! Thank you Epic Team!!

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite!! The Epic's CLUB LEVEL ROOMS are Fantastic! 29th and 30th Floors are Ep...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Alexander N
Thanks for your amazing review. It makes us proud to be named the ‘best hotel you have ever stayed at’ by such a savvy traveler as you are. Thanks for pointing so many of our employees out who made a lasting impression and did everything possible to make your stay and anniversary unforgettable and fun. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We often stay in Miami either for short breaks or when in transit and the EPIC is great. The views from the rooms are superb, location fantastic with plenty of great restaurants nearby and its easy to get around on foot in the evening.

Only negative is the cost of valet parking but you could say that about almost anywhere in Miami!

Room Tip: Worth waiting until you've booked the room as sometimes you may be offered a floor or view upgra...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

FrequentFlyerFreddy
Thanks for your amazing 5star review. It makes us happy to see that you enjoy your time at EPIC when visiting Miami and we thank you for being such a loyal guest. Our location in Miami makes it very easy to get around - if you are planning on exploring the city, going shopping or dining out.
We are glad to be your hotel of choice and we are looking forward to your return.