“Superb!”

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a weekend getaway. It's our anniversary so we thought a weekend on the town would be fun. I'm not going to lie, It was a shaky trip but the staff truly did everything to make up for it. We got in right on wine hour and drank the MOST AMAZING white sangria I have ever tasted. The bellmen/ escort to our room was very professional and informative. We had this nice man named Eduardo. He was a little stiff and I kinda wished he would be more relaxed or warm, but nevertheless he was very kind and professional. The room was fantastic! The bed was ridiculous and I never wanted to let go of my bathrobe. The minibar prices were fair and the showers and bubble baths I took were amazing.

However, I did get a city view and instead got a suite that looked directly at the pool level of the hotel next to it. I was a bit uncomfortable because if we wanted to open the curtains we had people laying out at the pool and naturally looking directly at our suite; however I'm not very demanding and I was a bit shy to ask for another room.
As we went up to our room, Eduardo informed us about the hotel, the amazing restaurants and events in which the hotel had to offered. I loved the wine hour white wine so much that my boyfriend called the front desk to ask what it was. We promptly got sent up a bottle and a nice little note from the front desk delighted to know we liked wine hour! I was so happy. The room and bathrooms were clean and the staff were all incredibly nice and attentive.
I don't really recommend dinner for room service other than the burgers. I ordered pasta but the pasta came cold, hard and sauceless. It was soooooo bad.I really did try to eat it but it was just THAT bad. I called down to tell if I can replace it but instead I asked for a refund since my boyfriend had ordered some other plates that were all tasty and plentiful.

Brian, another bellman was delightful, and I loved the fact that he was relaxed and genuinely friendly. He escorted us and talked with us all the way till we checked out and got into the car. It was really nice getting to know him.

We also got switched out of the room because our bathtub jacuzzi didn't work, but they worked diligently and quickly to make sure our stay was great and everything was fixed.

The only thing i genuinely didn't like was the valet. They were not friendly, no smile. Very" just give me the keys, here's your valet tab, and go". That really turned me off, and I hope they get that right because its the very first thing a visitor notices. I mean i understand the valet is supposed to just park the cars, but I just didn't feel welcomed at all until I got to the sweet men that opened the hotel doors to me.

To be honest with you, our stay was not perfect. We had little hiccups, but the service and attention the hotel gives you and the hotel room itself is so amazing that its easy to overlook little incidents that can happen in ANY hotel.

I will definitely be coming back, maybe sometime next month just for another little getaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Astrid S

Astrid S
Thanks for your feedback from your weekend getaway. We are sorry to hear that there were some ‘hiccups’ during your stay but we are happy the overall experience was superb and you had an amazing time. We are glad you arrived during our hosted wine hour - our Sangria summer special is absolutely refreshing and delicious. We are thrilled that our staff made the difference, especially Brian, who is fun, genuine and caring. We are happy to hear that you will be returning to EPIC and we are looking forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Booked a 3 night stay direct through the Kimpton Web Site and following fellow Tripadvisor reviews, requested a room away from Level 31 and drawbridge.
Where do they put us,? Right next /above both... No sleep at all first night as noise from outside was horrific. Situation was only saved thanks to":Christian" on front desk who managed to relocate us for remaining 3 nights. Other front desk staff were indifferent in attitude.

Having said all that, the rooms are modern and spacious and the hotel has many good facilities including well equipped Gym.

Hotel seems to cater for "under 40" demographic so if you are in that group no problems.

They need to get their act together between the Group booking site( who send positive remarks and up grade options to you before your check-in) and the actual hotel front desk as not all requests seem to get passed on.

Have completed many reviews in many locations and always try to be balanced and fair but this is the worst review we have made to date. Unfortunately.

Cannot recommend this place.
If you do book , make sure that you do NOT get given a room near the drawbridge and the level 31 entertainment area.

Room Tip: Get as high a room level as you can afford and do not accept a room near the drawbridge . even with...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Qld_Aussie_Expat_
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Qld_Aussie_Expat_
Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding our modern and spacious rooms and our state of the art gym. However, we are very saddened to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay completely. Please accept our apologies for not meeting all your requirements. Sometimes upgrades and certain room types are not available due to high occupancies. We are glad that Christian was able to relocate you to a different room, so you could enjoy the remainder of your stay.
We truly hope you will be giving us a second chance and returning to EPIC. We would love to have you back as our guest.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This year I have stayed at 4 Kimpton properties and the Epic remains the best. There are little things that make it stand apart from the other hotels. I only stayed one night but I am already planning a return trip this month. When I arrived to my room I was greeted with two bottles of wine and bottled water for my dog Pepe. Everyone was friendly and warm. During this trip Gene in concierge booked a couple's massage and upon check-out I was told that he had provided a coupon that the hotel was giving out for its guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

ThePinkSuitcase
Thanks for this great review and for being such a Kimpton fan. It makes us very proud to hear that EPIC is your favorite hotel and that you are planning on returning already. We will make sure we have the pet amenities for your doggy Pepe ready and your spa appointment at Exhale set.
We are looking forward to your return..

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Family of 4 stayed in a club level room precruise. Hotel was modern and nicely decorated. Room was clean, free computer/Internet was nice. Beds were very comfortable. Club room was nice. Food presentations were ok. We have stayed in better clubs but this one worked just fine for the price. Pools were nice and clean. Great place to lounge around. Hotel was not busy during our stay. Staff was very attentive from door man to check in to concierge. Would definitely recommend if staying downtown miami.

• Stayed: June 2012

Partyof5rocks
Thanks for your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel and service. We are happy you enjoyed the attention to detail and warm hospitality provided to you on our club level. Thanks for recommending EPIC to other travelers.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel gave me the best ever experience I had in a hotel. It started with the accommodation for early check-in. Then went into the front desk staff being out of this world with their kindness. We stayed for one night before we cruised out of Miami. As we came back from the cruise they were so generous to let us store our luggage since our flight was in the evening. By the way we didn't even have a room for the day they stored our luggage. The two front desk ladies on June 30th were the sweetest I have ever met. They made us feel so special and welcome. The bellman were so helpful. This hotel is a must for its staff, facilities and location.

Room Tip: The upper levels seemed to have a bigger bathroom with a nice size bathtub. Go for rooms in the 27th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anaheimchiro

Anaheimchiro
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are excited to see that we exceeded your expectations in every way and that our staff made your stay unforgettable. We hope you will be visiting us again and looking forward to your return.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Kimpton is my favorite boutique chain and the Epic is one of the best I have stayed in. We chose it because: 1) it is Kimpton, 2) the allow dogs, and 3) location. It is bay/canal side so it isn't in the heart of the action, but on a nice promenade with shops and restaurants nearby.

They really cater to your dog with water bowls and treats and the bonus is the HUGE astroturf park adjacent to property to allow your dog to wander. Small, but elegant room with a balcony and a view, great pool, beautiful decor, friendly staff, fairly priced.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Jimmy F
Thanks for your great feedback. Wow – what a great compliment EPIC being your favorite Kimpton hotel! We are glad you and your doggy felt like home and had a fantastic time. EPIC’s convenient location to local bars, shops and parks makes it a perfect destination when visiting Miami.
We hope you will be our guest again, please return soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I just returned from a trip that I had organized for 6 of my friends and their sons (one daughter) (father/son/daughter trip) to the Epic Hotel in Miami. I never right review, but had to this time, because I have never been treated so well as I was at this hotel. They were great with the children, the rooms are spotles, and everything else we could have needed they supplied. The Staff at this hotel aim to please, in particular, Andre at the pool was exceptional, and Eric in the marketing department and Angie in sales were extremely helpful to me in planning our trip. I really hate to single out anyone, because everyone was so friendly and helpful, but they went above and beyond. I travel often, and I would highly recommend visiting this hotel if you are in Miami. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms on the East side have a nice view of the inlet, and the rooms on the West side of the hote...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Allen P
Thanks for your amazing comments. We are so thrilled to hear that you, your children and your friends had such a great time at EPIC and that you enjoyed our modern guest rooms, our beautiful pool area and our caring and attentive guest service.
Eric, Angie and the entire team is looking forward to your next stay. Please be our guests again.