“Another hip hotel”

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Well, we had spent 2 nights in South Beach, and then 3 in Key West, so we figured we would go for something different, more lounge/boutique/hip hotel.
It was not that much of a great idea. Being in downtown was not the best location for vacation.
The hotel personnel was not warm nor welcoming but rather condescending except for a few of them. Avoiding the noise? I don't think so. People in the room next door partied the whole night!
The restaurant offered very good food and had good service, but was so noisy we could barely talk.
Other than that, the hotel looks good, it's clean. The rooms are descent size.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

sophie949
Thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies, that you were not greeted with a warm, welcoming and caring service, which we are so well-known for.
EPIC is a very happening hotel, with high end restaurants and a sizzling night scene, especially on weekend nights.
We are glad you enjoyed our overall service and hotel amenities and we hope you will be giving us another try and returning to EPIC in the future.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Although it is a beautiful, extravagant hotel, my experience with the management here was less than stellar. Celebrating a friend's birthday at the pool, and the staff said I would be able to get two bottles of champagne for $20, as a birthday special for hotel guests. The bill was $80. Then, upon checking out, I was charged an extra $400 in room damages because there were chocolate stains all over the room. I found this ridiculous so the hotel sent me pictures of the room covered with chocolate stains. I had left my birthday cake on the desk, as an adult obviously I did not throw my cake around the room. I am still trying to figure things out with my lawyer, this has been one of my most unpleasant experiences at a "five star" hotel. The Epic really tries to get as much money out of you as they can. Maybe some of their guests have endless expenditures, but that gives no right for them to scam people for more money. Disgusted. Did I mention our room was guaranteed to be ready at one, and we weren't able to get in until 6 pm?

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriot Marquis across the street. Beautiful hotel, I'm staying there next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank beccapro
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

beccapro
Thanks for sharing your experience with us as we are delighted to see your positive feedback regarding the décor at EPIC. It is unfortunate to hear that your experience with our management team was not satisfactory after addressing this personally with you. Kindly please contact us directly at 786-967-7281 so we may discuss further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The best hotel in the country..hands down. The hotel staff treated my wife and I very well even though we were probably the only non-wealthy guests. I was intimidated initially because it seemed like there were only rich people staying at Epic. The friendliness of the staff helped me to overcome this feeling.

My room was stunning and equipped with a spectacular view of the city. There is a world class spa on the 16th floor and exceptional food at the two restaurants inside on the hotel. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Bufflord

Bufflord
Thank you for your amazing comments. Our staff always goes out of their way to make our guest feel comfy and like home. We are glad you enjoyed the stunning views from your room and found some relaxation in Exhale Spa. We appreciate you dined in our famous and award winning restaurant AREA31 and restaurant ZUMA. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

If you want to avoid the noise and bustle of the beach area this is a perfect hotel. I have to rate it in my list of top City hotels. It almost received my top mark, room, service, attention, etc.......only let down by noise from the hotel restaurant "Area 31". This unfortunately is on the same side as the best view of the Bay. So avoid Friday to Sunday on this side. Quite why hotels think guests paying to sleep want loud disco noise as a lullaby is becoming a disease! The hotel changed our room to the City side and dealt with our complaint professionaly, so again top marks, but with jet lag and our body clock out of sync, we just wanted simple pease and quiet.

Room Tip: To avoid music noise select City rooms Friday to Sunday. Bay view on other days is nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Rotate100
Thank you for rating us on your ‘top list of city hotels’. Our restaurant AREA31 is voted for ‘Best Happy Hour in Miami’, with lots of guests and locals visiting on Fridays and Saturday evenings. We are thrilled your overall stay was very enjoyable and you were impressed with our guest service.
We would love to have you back as our guest, and promise a quiet room, away from the DJ and Happy Hour folks. Please visit us again.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

just full top notch hotel staff food ... and you pay for it.
I would go again and have a great time with a great view again. Very nice rooms, great spa.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

vacationz
Thanks for your nice comments. We appreciate your compliments regarding our attentive and friendly staff and our award winning restaurants Area31 and ZUMA. We are happy you felt comfy in our spacious rooms and took some time off getting pampered at Exhale Spa.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Jacqueline

Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Epic Hotel is a perfect stay in Miami. I spent 2 nights before going here at the Fortune House so I can really say there's a HUGE difference.

The Epic is downtown, very close to the American Airlines Arena, to the Bayside Marketplace and a lot of other shops and restaurants.

We had a city-view room and that's nice, Miami has a beautiful skyline. If you ask for a bay-view, it might be even more enchanting.

Big room, big bathroom, 3 pools on the 16th floor. Basically, all you need from a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank MihaiBrasoveanu
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

MihaiBrasoveanu
Thanks for your excellent review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and our convenient location – perfect to explore the city, to go to a game, shopping or dining from here. If you just like to take it easy – why not starting the day with a champagne breakfast on your balcony and enjoying Miami’s perfect weather pool side? We are glad you had a great time and looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Firstly...this hotel is located in Downtown Miami & not on South Beach. For us, this was perfect, since I stayed with friends on a trip to see concerts at the AA Arena which was walking distance from the Epic. Just wanted to clarify for any readers who thought that this hotel was right on the beachfront. It's right downtown on the waterfront & I have to stay - HOLY AMAZING GORGEOUS INFINITY POOLS, BATMAN! Astonishing, really. You could lay in the pool & look over the waterfront across to South Beach. Modern & comfortable pool furniture. Basically, I want to live on their pool deck! Happy hour is free and the wine is a flowing. The rooms were very nice as well - the bathtub was really the crown jewel. You better believe I took a ginormous bubble bath and probably could have fit several other friends in the tub with me. I also took the Core Fusion class in the spa one day ($20) & it was a phenomenal workout. I actually started taking Core Fusion classes when I returned home because that class was so awesome. All in all....a wonderful place to stay, a phenomenal vacation with friends, BEAUTIFUL pool, great rooms & not that hard on the pocketbook considering how modern, gorgeous & fantastic the hotel amenities are. A++++

Room Tip: Shoot for a high floor with a view of the water. Breathtaking!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank k8houlihan

k8houlihan
Thanks for your amazing feedback and your wonderful comments about our location, service and amenities. Our pool area is gorgeous and the views from there breathtaking. Thanks for participating in Exhale’s Core Fusion class – definitely a must when visiting EPIC. We are looking forward having you back as our guest and mingling with you during our evening wine hour again.