WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Epic in late January. He had a business conference in the area, and I just went along for some time away. He booked the room through Orbitz, and we didn't know until we checked in that we had a room on the "Club Level." This was such a surprising luxury! We loved the service in the Club Room; Lucia was wonderful, so cheerful and polite every morning, and great to chat with. I often stopped in for a snack or a drink while he was away at the conference, and I went about the business of my day. The Exhale Spa was great too; I got an amazing pedicure there (1/2 off with the voucher we received at check-in!) We even made it into Zuma one night even though there was a 2 month waiting list--we ate at the sushi bar, which was wonderful--one of the best meals (and sushi experience) we've ever had. Everything was very clean; the pool area was wonderful too, where I lounged and read during the day, and where they hosted wine hour in the evening. SO relaxing and luxurious! We were spoiled rotten, and I didn't want to come back to cold, snowy Boston. We easily walked to shopping during the day, and restaurants nearby at night, and saw a great live band at the Blue Martini. Great hotel, we always use Kimptons when we travel, and this one was top notch.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Renadog
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Renadog,
Thank you for sharing the great experience you had at the EPIC. I am happy to see that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed Zuma, Exhale Spa and our Club Level amenities.
I loved to hear that Lucia took good care of you and provided a memorable service.
Please return soon.
Kind Regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Turkish first
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Wow. This place is AMAZING! Beautiful rooms! But the best part - CLUB LEVEL. Every single person from the concierge (MANY OF THEM) to the cleaning staff were absolutely amazing. The attention to details are amazing. And every single person there makes you feel like a thousand bucks.

If you are in Miami, you MUST stay at Epic!

Candy311,
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. It’s great that we were able to make you feel special and that you had an AMAZING stay with us.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best wishes,
Jacqueline Ploettner
Operations Manager
fort lauderdale, florida, usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I and another couple went for a one-night getaway--the Epic is the perfect spot--sophisticated luxury in an exciting locale!...superb service...well-appointed rooms with wonderful water views...walking distance to excellent restaurants...great choice!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
travelingmom4364:
Thank you for taking a moment to post your excellent contribution.
We look forward to your return.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

March 2011 brought my 4th business trip to Miami. My first trip, I stayed at another nearby hotel, but the past 3 visits, I've roomed at The Epic. I won't stay anywhere else. Period. The staff is always wonderful, rooms are beautiful and comfortable, everyone is always so accomodating, and you simply can't beat the feel of this hotel. This was my first stay at Club Level and Sonia and her group really spoiled me. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
SanDiegoSP:
Wow, we are so happy to hear about your experience; our employees spoiling you, that’s great.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Epic over the weekend of the Miami Boat Show and just loved the hotel. Rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated. Staff very helpful and the location was a great jump off point. The only issue we had was check in. Our room wasn't ready until late afternoon (we arrived around 11 am). We checked our luggage with bell services and went off for the afternoon arriving back at the hotel around 5:30. At this point we had to wait in the lobby another half hour until our room was ready. Aside from this one glitch we really loved the hotel and would stay again. Breakfast in Area 31 was wonderful, and enjoyed afternoon cocktails and appetizers there as well. Bar and waitstaff in the restaurant were very friendly and made us feel most welcome.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Leisuretraveler02:
Thank you for the terrific posting.
We are fine tuning our arrival experience on peak event weekends, such as boat show.
Thank you for your patience and being able to look beyond the arrival opportunity and truly enjoying your stay.
We look forward to you return.
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

I always stay at Viceroy and this time wanted to give a chance to the Epic. Booked four nights and stayed only one. Lobby is awesome in size and decor, staff very friendly but my dissapointment started when I entered the room. I booked a Club Level waterview king and did not met my expectations. Viceroy does not offer "waterview suites" and have EXACTLY the same view on the one bedroom suites. The room has a good size, vey simple decor, nothing special for me. Went to the Club level to see the daily food presentations they offer and just found snacks you can buy at a convenience store. I payed $390+taxes for that room and I don´t change it for the Viceroy King.

On Valentines we ate at ZUMA and it was a great experience with great food and service.

My conclusion: nice hotel, overrated on tripadvisor, overpriced rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
tatoweb:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Thank you for all the positive comments.
Obviously, we fell short of exceeding your expectations.
I will be in touch shortly to understand your preferences and regain your trust in our product and service.
We look forward to your return the next time you are back in Miami.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

The EPIC is a gorgeous hotel! My husband and I stayed for several nights as a last getaway before we become parents and we couldn't have asked for a better time. Who needs to travel all the way to some remote island when you've got the EPIC nestled in downtown Miami? The hotel is stunning. The rooms were spacious and gorgeous. We had a waterview, which was incredible to see each morning. The staff was attentive, polite, and very helpful in making us comfortable and recommending dining spots around town. We could easily walk just about everywhere we wanted to go but, to be honest, we hardly left the hotel except for dinners (and, PS, be sure you check out Area 31 for dinner!). The hotel was just incredibly luxurious.

Bm0rebaby:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your fantastic experience.
We are so happy that you felt spoiled.
We look forward to your next stay for a quick getaway.