“I cannot believe this bad reviews...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Club at Brickell Bay

The Club at Brickell Bay
Ranked #97 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“I cannot believe this bad reviews...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Because of my line of business I travel a lot. Booking through American Express Travel, when I've read the reviews after buying a night at the hotel... I obviously wanted to cancel my reservation. Good I could not do it.
I even took toilet paper and conditioner in a bag waiting for the worst.
We arrived, reception is not big but efficient, they understood my doubts and agreed to show me the rooms first. What can I said I didn't pay for the Fountainbleu by Hilton.. or the Loews-Ritz... but was nothing -at all- of what I expected.
It was clean, kind of 3 star hotel, luxurious but a little run down, big, and comfortable (Studio). There was shampoo, soap, bed linens, and all the things this reviews said there were not included.
Also a stove, silverware, etc... they gave us this 2 rooms and they were really good. View Excellent to the bay and to the city... a little high for my taste (floor 36).
The Gym is as good as in 5 stars where I've stayed. 2 pools in the 14th floor with jacuzzi . At night with all the toll buildings surrounding the pool, each one showing different colors was great.
There was a stain not big next to the bathtub... that is the only complaint if I can say that is a complaint. We had 2 different rooms (each one with walking closet), and both were nice, clean and modern. TV was not flat screen, but... in Downtown Miami with 1 night to stay... the least we did was to be there sleeping. Also bed was not 5 star but more comfortable than a cruise line bed for example -they use similar bed linens-.
After going to hotels from Ocean Drive itself, to others in Washington ave & north Collins Ave &75 St. -H. I.-, I have to say this one is the best one so far.
The manager Alfredo even gave me a card with his cell phone, I had to call at 10 pm... he answered the phone...
Really do what AMEX told me... try it first... not all the reviews describe the reality even they help.
Not a 5 star but for Miami a heck of a deal for 1 or a couple of nights in Downtown Miami, remember is not a hotel per se, but they are very close.
A pleasant surprise for my family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask always if they can show you the room... just in case, and don't loose their key or they will...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank ATCBuses1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Forest Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I wish I would have found these reviews before I stayed here. I was traveling for business and there was a convention going on therefore my normal hotel was not available. I figured this area was great and being a condo building, how bad could it be. The reviews on Expedia were OK also. I booked myself and my boss a studio. The few things that travelers warned about was that there was no one to check you in if you arrive in the evening and that there would be no towels or toilet paper in the unit. I called twice prior to my arrival and was told that someone would call me back but no one ever did. I was lucky to arrive and someone was still there to check me in. I checked in on Monday November 14,2011 but they did not have any studio's available therefore I wound up with a 3 bedroom condo. The condo was mediocre at best. The balcony was amazingly huge and that was the only good thing I could say about this place eventhough it said the balconies were furnished and it was not. It was like renting a old, dirty, dingy apartment. Looks from the outside are deceiving.

The day prior to my boss arriving, I emailed and called to inform them that he would have a car. They advised that they needed 24 hour notice to reserve parking. Yet again, I did not receive an acknowledgement nor a response from anyone. As a result, we had to valet park the car two nights. Regular valet is $20 for overnight but you must have the car out by 7am. Because we didn't leave each morning until 8am, an add'l $10 was due.

My boss checked in on Wednesday and when we arrived at 6:30pm, there was no one there to check him in. An envelope was left in the hallway with his name on it and a key inside. He wound up with a studio as booked and it was HORRIBLE. We literally walked in and walked out. If you ever saw the movie Physco, this could be compared to The Bates Motel. Needless to say, I had a room-mate for the next two days. My place was by far nice but it was like the tajma hall compared to the studio.

Because there is a cleaning fee and linen's fee, I emailed them to inform them of our dissatisfaction and that we would not occupy the studio. I never asked for a refund, I was simply stating that the add'l fees would not be necessary since the unit was never occupied. And again, no response.

I travel quite extensively and this was one of the worst expediencies ever. The area is a great area to stay in, just be sure to stay at a reputable place if staying in the Brickell area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer M

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I arrived late from Chicago and drove from Ft. Lauderdale to Brickell looking forward to relaxing in my guestroom. BUT never crossed my mind I was there to have the most disgusting and frustrating experience I ever had in my life. The room/studio was in the most horrendous condition, the place smelled like urine, cigarette and sweat… truly REVOLTING! I couldn’t believe my eyes looking at these totally dirty floors, black mold building up everywhere, in the bathroom, the floors by the bed, the kitchenette, the bathroom, everywhere! Closet door hanging, burned lamp shades, the linens cheap and dirty; Mold All Over the Walls! But the most disturbing of all was the bathroom; I was ready to vomit taking pictures of this place, YES, I TOOK A LOT OF PICTURES OF THIS UNBELIEVABLY NAUSEATING PLACE, Bathtub with filthy foot prints, pubic hair, mold and trash in the drain; one of the wall has a stain that looked like EXCREMENT, the shower covered with layers of mold and corrosion; used soap and dirty towels in the sink. The fire alarm, a basic Safe and Security Element in a Hotel Room was MISSING, someone removed and left behind the screw driver in the night stand; no parking garage, I had to park my car a block away in the street. I can’t express my feeling looking at this place. I when down stairs looking for the Manager on Duty or the guest services manager or someone who move me to another room, it was NONE!! NOT HELP WHATSOEVER!!! Just an old man who doesn’t speak any English and who was totally rude and helpless, he told me (in Spanish /Cuban) that I needed to call “The Owner of the Unit”…!?!?!???? to complain. Unbelievable! so, I called Hotels.com Customer Service to realize that they won’t move me to another room or hotel or somewhere else with basic standards of cleanness … the agent over the phone told me that “I agreed to stay in this room when I paid for it in advance” .. I was almost in tears begging this “supervisor” to help me, it was no help… I felt disgraced, humiliated and literately robed since this supervisor argued that he can’t do anything and my money was not refundable. It was already 1:00 am, I was looking for hotels over the phone where I can spend the rest of the night, but Miami was sold out, was no room in the area, so I took my luggage and left this place to stay in my rented car for hours waiting for the daylight to find a place to stay. I am a business woman traveling for work and never experienced something like this. This is the worse place I've ever stayed in the entire world.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ycardiff
ECR_Management, Manager at The Club at Brickell Bay, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
I am very sorry for the experience you had. I assure you that we are transforming the business as we speak. We take full responsibility for the lack of integrity we had in the past. ECR has less than 5 employees who run the show. Not only do i personally thank you for taking the time to write a review here, but i also want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problems you pointed out. I invite you to please come again and experience The Club at Brickell Bay by ECR with our new management team.

I could only imagine how you must of felt. I would be furious if i was in your shoes as well.

Please come by our Facebook page for special deals and info created by our new PR and Marketing Team.

-Erik B. ECR Manager
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

These appear to be apartments that are going through foreclosure and whose owners are making a few dollars by having them used as vacation rentals.

Ours was not as bad as some described below in that it was basically clean with clean sheets & towels and a comfortable bed. No luxuries such as bedside lamps or clothes hangers though. We had not expected maid service and are used to "self catering" type arrangements so the lack of that was fine. The base boards could have done with a dust and the walls a wash down in places but it was OK - not good for $200 a night but survivable.

What was outrageous was the description of the apartment having "a fully equipped kitchen" - this was the reason I risked the booking despite the Expedia reviews (note: I had for once failed to check Tripadvisor! I would never have booked had I read the reviews below). We were in Miami for a specific purpose not a vacation and needed to be in Brickell and I liked the idea of being able to make breakfasts and maybe have the odd dinner at home. The kitchen had 4 cups, 3 bowls, a couple of plates and a miscellaneous mismatch of flatware - 1 spoon! No toaster, no pans of any description, no cutting knives, no coffee maker...... basically if it came with the apartment (microwave, fridge) it was there - if not then it wasn't.

There was also no DVD player or Wifi as advertised. In fact no internet at all as far as we could ascertain. And yes, we had to buy our own toilet roll as there was only 1/2 a roll in the apartment. We didn't bother complaining - by now I had read the reviews below and we just got on with our trip - and after all, you complain if you are missing a corkscrew or the toaster is broken. It seemed unlikely they were unaware that there was no kitchen!

One good thing was it was nice and big so my brother in law and nephew came down to visit with sleeping bags and spent the night in the lounge!

This place has passed over from being an inadequate version of a 3 star hotel and is basically indulging in false advertising. Avoid!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KateWCalifornia
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Unclean, unaccommodating, poorly supplied rm, booked 1BR apt./actually studio with black mold, no coffee maker or DW …good area, find another accommodation!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank iluv2trvl4
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I booked this "hotel" for a special guest we had at our company. The location was great, and it seemed like a good deal. However, this is not a hotel, it's a condo. The guest arrived at 9pm and there was no service at the front desk, her room had no curtains, and the bed had no linens. There is no service at all, no one cleans. Unless you don't care and all you want is a cheap place in a good location I would never stay here. Certainly, this place does not conform to the 3.5 star rating it has, I would give it 2 stars at most!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Satga
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

This is a high rise apartment building with some vacant studios that are 'rented out' & have zero amenities!
It's a fraud--in the middle of the lovely Brickell neighborhood. The room was in dire need of a thorough cleaning and overhaul. We slept in our clothes & didn't even take a shower....the bedding wasn't clean, no mattress cover under the sheets!
The bathroom had mold and mildew in the shower, a dirty soap dish, a half used roll of toilet paper, no bathmat, hand towels or washcloths-only 2 towels.
The few utensils in the "kitchenette" were dirty with dried food residue on them, & no soap or anything to wash them with. I could go on and on.
We tried to find another hotel in this area for the night but everything was booked.
STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU WANT A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple