Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
MIAMI

Money well spent!! I love this place! Its a fun/cute place for you and your family! There’s a lot... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
cruzdamaris
Conroe, Texas
via mobile
You get to feed the monkeys

ronaldw136

from $38.00
from $39.00
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews rainforest tour monkey food spider monkeys monkeys run love monkeys monkeys roam free monkey business gift shop their natural habitat unique experience raisins cage chain primates silverback zoo circus
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Money well spent!! I love this place!
Its a fun/cute place for you and your family! There’s a lot of mosquitoes so make sure you’re prepared! This place is huge!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's a long way from Downtown about 10 miles from the Zoo. You are in the cage and the monkeys are over and around you. $30 a person. free parking, you will buy monkey food. Plan an hour it's not that big but it's pretty much all shaded.

2  Thank ronaldw136
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Monkey Jungle several times and each time is an adventure. We have always done the Rainforest adventure tour but this one was the best. Ed, who was our guide was great. the squirrel monkeys were everywhere when it came time to feed them. Male, females with babies attached. It was outstanding. If you think the cost is high for the rainforest tour. When you are done you will say "money well spent" There are not a lot of places that are around where you get a one on one adventure with the animals but this one is exceptional. The whole staff was friendly and informative. A pleasure to go and we will be back again.

1  Thank JIMBOBOB32
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The Rainforest Adventure Tour at Monkey Jungle this past weekend with visiting relatives was the highlight of their visit! Well worth the extra cash to tour the rainforest and hand-feed the squirrel monkeys! They are so adorable! This experience was literally ALL we talked about the entire 5-day visit! Our tour guide Bay Lee (sorry if mis-spelled!) was AWESOME!

2  Thank GjohnnieG
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Having visited many zoo's/wildlife attraction around the world I was happy to pay $60+ for two to visit..

We walked thru reception, past the shop and through some old fashioned type caged walkways that I had not seen since the 80's. After ten minutes we realised we were back at the beginning and had done the place! It's very small.

Attended the three 15 minute talks around the place for something to do, meh. The staff seem to be gathering work experience until they can get a job in a proper zoo, lot's of unfulfilled jobs that I suspect no one wants.

The main attraction is an elderly gorilla re-homed from a circus, crassly they take him through his tricks, it's cringe-worthy.

This place is a private institution established to study monkey behaviour, it seems to have no reason to exist now. A malaise runs through the place. The venue is severely in need of modernisation.

The entrance fee is a rip off, they had our money before we found out how bad the place is. Save your money.

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Monkey Jungle last week and we both really enjoyed it! It was really neat walking around and seeing all of the monkeys. We paid extra for the rainforest tour and that made the whole trip worth it!! Being able to interact with the monkeys was incredible! At first, I thought it was a little pricey but seeing how well these animals were taken care of it made it worth every penny. We definitely recommend this place if you're in the area.

2  Thank Passport677733
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Visiting from England and looked for somewhere to take my elderly aunt for the day, looked at reviews which seemed okay. Drove 90+ minutes and we were very disappointed as most of the monkeys are the same, the gorilla would only come out for 15 minutes for the show and the urangutan died earlier in the year. In addition, the cafe onsite had run out of most choices of icecreams and icepops plus only saw two choices for lunch - a hot dog or slice of pizza. Only stayed to see the gorilla and thought very expensive for the experience. Not many other people there and felt like they were struggling which is sad as it could be good. Suggest a price tag of around 15$ would be more acceptable as only enough to keep you there for 2 hours max.

1  Thank ktravelagent
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We did the Rainforest Adventure last Friday and it was so fun! Feeding the monkeys in the rainforest was awesome! They especially love the marshmallows. We all had a great time and the animals all seemed happy and well cared for. The place was clean and we enjoyed every minute of the adventure.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Florida since 1985 and never visited this place. I discovered today what I’ve been missing out on! From the moment we arrived and were greeted by staff, until they said goodbye to us on the way out, the experience was amazing. Their slogan “where the humans are caged and the monkeys run free” is really true. I recommend purchasing the tour for $89/person because you get to have animal interactions with squirrel monkeys and capuchin monkeys INSIDE their habitat! The experience was amazing and well worth the money! They have other demonstrations throughout the day as well, and lots of other animals besides monkeys. The rain forest and native Florida plants are abundant and beautiful.
Be aware that certain times of the year there are ants in the trees called ‘piss ants’ because they don’t bite, but rather excrete a stinging fluid on your skin that’s harmless but annoying. Bring bug spray!!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend . This is my second visit. The place is awesome. You get to walk through several caged in trails and be visited by hundreds of monkeys along with special areas with gibbons and the sort. The coolest part is being able to feed them. I had a better time doing this than my grandchildren. Fantastic must see place if you are in south Florida. 3 thumbs up.