“Not much to see” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 315 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The spirited Cuban neighborhood of Miami where the sights, sounds and smells are intoxicating. Be sure to sample a traditional Cuban meal or grab a quick sandwich cubano and some empanadas at any of the walk up counters.
Stewartsville, New Jersey
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Not much to see”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Perhaps I did not go to the right streets, but it was nothing more than normal residential and shopping areas except of course they were all in Spanish. We were there mid day on a Saturday perhaps in the evening there is more activity.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank rorudupa

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“a little bit disapponted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was there for few hours and it was raining. I had lunch at a "typical cuban restaurant" ...probably the worst I could pick! than I walked to another place (Cafe Ocho) and it was good. I have mojtos and tapas-very good. Nice ambient and cool music. It was ok to spend a couple hours-no more than that.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank patman10
Miami
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 476 helpful votes
“Dirty & sad; complete waist of time...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nothing was interesting, historical or fun. Lots of semi homless and old people smoking/ lounging around? Store fronts and shops are very dated, unwelcoming and dark inside. Difficult to communicate because most locals don't or won't speak english. The Cuban food we ate from 2 restaurants was greasy and totally bland.
The conversations we could understand were very political and sexist.
Unless your going for a 3nd world experience, would avoid this neighborhood at all costs...

4 Thank bowman716
Atlanta, Georgia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“La Habana Pequena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I personally find this place pretty cool, there's historical pieces of Cuban pride, Bay of Pigs memorial and Calle Ocho where the old Cubans play dominos. There's also Cuban cigars which I got to see expertly rolled and cut (I had no idea how much tobacco is in those things). I also like the Cuban music booming around the streets. Anyways a good representation of culture and pretty good to see for a quick moment.

2 Thank Mike H
Saint Louis, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Hugeley overrated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Don't waste your time visiting little Havana. We took the big red bus and hopped off on this stop to visit this part of Miami. There is not much to see or do here. We watched the old people playing domino in the Gomez park while we were waiting to get back on the next bus. Had lunch at a Cuban restaurant, El Cristo. The food was average. Then visited the cigar factory which was interesting. Overall I much rather spend my time by the ocean than visiting this place.

4 Thank Takeme1