Tripadvisor

More Info
from $81.00
More Info
4,636 results
All reviews giraffe feeding rent a bike annual pass monorail animals bikes aviary misters moats camel stroller playground wheel exercise sunscreen admission opportunities
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

I love this zoo but it's huge. I recommend renting one of the safari cycles, especially if you have children, or the thought of walking for hours on end makes you cringe. We purchased monorail passes which I regret, still.

The monorail gives you a great view of the park but there's a little bit of a walk when you get off before you reach an exhibit. You walk all around the exhibit to check out the animals, then walk to the next monorail stop, and on and on it goes. It's exhausting!

The people who rented the safari cycles had big smiles on their faces!

I was so jealous.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

I have lived all over the country and visited many City Zoos, Zoo Miami is one of the top parks! Whether you're going to participate in one of their many community service events they often sponsor or just a stroll around the park it's worth the visit. It's outside the Miami city area, so be prepared for a drive, but again it's worth it.
Take the kids or go for an adult day, it's a fun outing.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020

We did the morning behind the scenes tour. We saw/fed/touched rhinos, giraffes, and a Kiwi bird. We also went behind the scenes at the the sunken forest, which while fun, was the least hands on, and not quite as fun as the other stops.

The tour guides and keepers we interacted with were very friendly and helpful. The tour also included golf cart transportation and viewing of some exhibits. For a zoo as big as the Miami zoo (300-400 acres developed) the golf cart was very convenient. I next time I’m in Miami I will return and do another tour.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Cycles area must, as others have said. Going early, too. When we returned our cycles at 12:30, there was a huge line and the staff was announcing they were out. Plus it’s just nice when there are less people. Agree with others there aren’t a lot of animals to see, and the staff in the koala house had no idea where the baby was. What? Not very impressive overall.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

It wasn't the best zoo we have visited so far but it was fun driving those bicycles all together and watch the animals