“Excellent Location and Great View - Service Impeccable”

Hilton Miami Downtown
Ranked #35 of 123 Hotels in Miami
“Excellent Location and Great View - Service Impeccable”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I attended a conference here and the first night my fiance' joined me. We were welcomed with smiles at the valet. When I checked in, Ingrid B, was at the desk. I stay at Hilton Properties on average 7 nights a month. She was the first one to actually look at my profile and accomodate me. Every other time I simply ask if they have a room that meets my profile (as they never ask or check my profile). Ingrid also assisted in other requests for the conference. Brandon, Bell Hop, was a blessing. It's difficult to explain but my fiance' and I had just come back from a vacation in the Keys so we had to unload all our items not to mention a lot of equipment I needed to take to the conference. Brandon convinced me that if I follow his lead all will be okay. He can't be a day older than 20 yrs old but he was right. A tremendous assest with a bright future in the hospitality industry. Now, the hotel... Incredible views, modern lobby area, and easy access to downtown Miami. The rooms... outdated, poor TV quality, poor outdated telephone, bathroom sink didn't drain, shower took 5 minutes for any hot water, and there were little gnats periodically in the room. The ONLY reason I rated this very good is due to the staff.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the bay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We would first like to say how truly honored we are that you have shared such glowing feedback regarding the service of our associates at the Hilton Miami Downtown. It is great to know that everyone you encountered helped make your arrival go so smoothly and that not only your stay, but your conference experience was enhanced by their efforts. We do apologize, however, if you encountered any issues with your guest room. Please do know that we are always happy to help resolve any issues and will be sure to share your comments with our Maintenance team to look into any matters you have mentioned. We do hope you will stay again. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint James City, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We choose to drive an extra 30 miles twice a day in order to stay at this Hilton again. The reason is because of the super service we previously received from Liza Di Fabio. Liza again greeted us with her Super smile, and attended to all our needs with Hilton professionalism. I hope the GM at this hotel realizes what a Great employee he has in Liza. There are several other great employees there also but Liza stands out. There was one female employee that kept starring at us with daggers every time she walked past while we were near the main lobby. We could never figure out why but a housekeeping employee said she was part of the management team. Other than that the other employees we very friendly and our stay was really enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor, Cruise ship view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for detailing your stay with us at the Hilton Miami Downtown. We couldn’t be happier to know you found the service you encountered to be so professional. Our associates will be delighted to have been a part of your experience and we are all blown away that you chose to drive additional miles just to visit with us! Your glowing compliments for our efforts will be shared with everyone here, particularly those you mentioned by name. We hope you will come and visit again soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We are very pleased for the effective way that Josette handle out our early arrival after 9 hrs. Trip. We could rest and start our experience in Miami in a positive way.
Tajany also helped us out in a very effective way with some minor issues in our room. Overall the interpersonal effectiveness of the staff working is a plus. I would recommended this hotel to family and friends.
Patricia

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad that our associates here at the Hilton Miami Downtown provided memorable service and were able to start your trip off on the right foot! There is nothing quite like a welcoming atmosphere after extensive traveling. Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It had been a while since I'd been downtown Miami and I was surprised to see the name Hilton on a building that used to be another hotel. The Hilton Miami Downtown is located in the old Omni shopping center, just a few blocks away from the Arsht Center and in the middle of a fast evolving neighborhood.

On a whim, I booked a room for the night and had a superb 17th floor room with a magnificent view of the bay and of north Biscayne Boulevard. The room was big, the bed was comfortable, the only complaint is the air conditioner being quite loud. The staff was very attentive and professional.

We left early the next morning so we did not have time to enjoy breakfast of the pool. Parking was a little steep at $35 for the night.

Although the hotel is not closer to the city's center, it makes it a better choice for business people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RR851
Sometimes a spur of the moment trip can be the best kind. We are so glad you enjoyed your impromptu stay with us at the Hilton Miami Downtown. There is nothing quite like the views from our windows, day or night! It is great to know you enjoyed the comfort of our guest rooms, but we do apologize if you encountered any sounds that disrupted your peace. As you mentioned, we do charge for parking, but would like to clarify that our rate is $25 for self parking and $28 for Valet service which permits for unlimited in and out privileges. Whether our guests visit or business or leisure, we hope that they enjoy a positive stay. We would love to welcome you back again.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

From Andrew T. in Guest Services to the valet services, the concierge service, to the wait staff and bar staff, this hotel was outstanding. They taught me how to save money! They ushered me in and out like royalty, and they smiled, smiled, smiled all the time. (Only one thing could have made my stay better—if the computer equipment could have accommodated my MAC flash drive.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We always try our best to go above and beyond to ensure the best possible experience for our guests at the Hilton Miami Downtown. Thank you for letting us know that the service of our associates succeeded in making your stay so comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you and we hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are traveling to our area.
Connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Preface this by saying that I stayed in this hotel to attend a meeting, also held in the hotel. The hotel itself is in a good location, for sure, but the facility is pretty dated. Staff were extremely friendly/helpful across the board. The temperature of the hotel was FREEZING, so much so I regretted not having a fleece (who brings a fleece to Miami?). The meeting level was a little austere, and had a bit of a "bunker" feel to it.

I would have no problem coming back to a meeting here (though I would bring a fleece). If I were looking for a place to bring my family for Miami vacation, I would likely look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We value your opinions and must apologize if our accommodation missed the mark for you or if you found the temperature in any area of the hotel not more to your comfort level. Please know that our associates are always available to help in any way they can. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed there a couple of times. It is close to the port of miami and the Adrienne Arsht center. The parking is a bit pricy at $25 and the walk from the parking area into the hotel is via an outside, uncovered area which can be a pain in the rain. But they offer Valet if you are interested.

The bar is a nice area and the service was very good and very accommodating.

The breakfast buffet had loads of options. Everything we had was good.

The rooms have nice views of the city and the bay

The bed was comfortable but not the absolute best (I have been getting spoiled lately by hotels with REALLY comfy beds)

We will be back.

Room Tip: If you dont mind heights ask for a high floor, the view is even better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you have enjoyed your stays with us at the Hilton Miami Downtown! Our location is certainly ideal for any visits to the Adrienne Arsht Performing Arts Center as well as the Port of Miami, thank you for mentioning it. We do charge for parking in our secure lot and our valet service offers the best of convenience with unlimited in and out privileges. After a night in our comfortable guest rooms, wake up and enjoy a full breakfast to fuel you for the day ahead! It is great to know you plan to return because we will be looking forward to welcoming you again. Thank you for your feedback.