“Good conference hotel”

Hilton Miami Downtown
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Miami
“Good conference hotel”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good conference venue. The elevators are a bit confusing- you get in at the motor lodge and head to the ballroom or lobby. Then, you get out and walk around a few turns to get into the main building and room elevators. The suites are very nice, especially if you get a corner room. The view is spectacular. The hotel staff was always very nice.

• Stayed April 2014
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Whether our guests are staying with us for a corporate retreat, business meeting or local convention, the Hilton Miami Downtown offers true business convenience. We are delighted you enjoyed your time here and appreciated the spectacular views from your suite accommodations. Our Associates will love knowing that you found them to be so nice. It is our hope that you chose to stay with us again the future, business or pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, FL
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel staff was nice and quick with check-in. Everything was ready when I arrived. Hotel is a little older,, but well maintained. I was here for a conference for work, so when I got to my room I attempted to sign in to Wi-Fi, there were no instructions in my papers or in the room. I called the front desk and was told it was $9.95/day and what the name was. Here is where the problems begin. My tablet could never discover the Wi-Fi, I was able to enter it in manually and sign on. I started an email and before I could finish typing it, the Wi-Fi signal became too weak and disconnected. This happened about every 10 mins for the next hour. I called the front desk and was told to use another open Wi-Fi available at the hotel.......same problems. I could not get anything done. I refused to pay for Wi-Fi that can not maintain a signal in my room (Wi-Fi is free in the lobby and meeting rooms). I called the desk and they promptly removed it from my bill. I ended up adding a mobile hotspot to my cell phone to work on when I was in my room. Hotel bar was nice, but very expensive. Otherwise, all was well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We are glad you enjoyed some aspects of your recent conference stay and found our Associates to be so helpful and hospitable. It is truly disappointing, however, to learn that you encountered any issues with gaining access to the wireless Internet from your guest room. Please know that someone is always available to help and your comments will be shared with our technical support staff right away to ensure that all is in its best working order. We do hope that your overall impressions were not diminished and that you will consider another visit.
WINTER HAVEN
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This Hilton is an older property located near the cruise port. The property is clean and well-kept. The staff appears to be genuinely focused on the the customer. It is with this consideration I write the rest of this review.

I have asthma and am very sensitive to fragrances and scents. This hotel's common areas' carpets are saturated with a floral fragrance spray, that lingers. My carbon filter mask couldn't keep out the scent because it was so stong.

The hotel sent a security guard to my room to ensure my safety during check out.

I will now investigate all hotels in advance of my stay to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I'm sure this Hilton is fine for most people, just not for asthmatics.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the cruise port is very nice.
1 Thank Saturngrl1
Thank you for your comments and sharing your perspective with our hotel. We are glad you found our staff to be genuinely focused on you and your needs, however, we are disheartened to read that you experienced any health-related issues while visiting with us and hope that you have made a full recovery. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope you will reconsider another stay in the future.
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm very glad to say the the firts part of our 11 day vacation was perfect at this hotel. The great expirience starts with the staff at the front desk, every single person that works at Hilton Hotel was very nice. I stayed with my mom and my sister on April 14 to April 21 the room was perfect, plenty of space, big bathroom, the beds and pillows were amazing, very hard to get out of bed. The pool area was great, the gym is perfect, we had free wireless at the lobby, the are elevators ALWAYS ready for guests. It is very elegant, the view was great. I would defenetly stay at this hotel every single time I come to Miami. It's location is perfect.

If I have to say something that I was not ok with, was that there was no fridge on the room. But I still give it a 5 Star Review! Thanks for the great time Hilton Hotel. We hope that the remainning of our vacations are as great experience at South Beach Hotel we've booked!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Johapalma
It is wonderful to hear you feel the Hilton Miami Downtown was a great choice for your extended stay. Our staff will be thrilled to know you found every single Associate you encountered to be very nice to all members of your group. Our unique Hilton Serenity Bed by Serta is indeed so comfortable, and we are glad you were well rested with us. For future reference, refrigerators are available upon request, and if there is anything you ever need while staying all you need do is ask! We hope to see you again soon.
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed for 1 night for a friends wedding in the area. The hotel is very nice, and the staff is awesome. Valet is $3 more than self parking. The pool is small but very nice. The bar and restaurant is pretty good just expensive. Check out Burger King just across the street. Was even upgraded to a Junior Suite.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Awesome is one of our favorite compliments! All of our Associates believe that every guest’s visit is of the utmost importance, and we will be sure to share your gracious comments with everyone here. We are glad you enjoyed not only your suite but also our on-site restaurant, Brisa Bistro and the Gallery Lobby Lounge. It is our hope that you will consider the Hilton Miami Downtown when you are in the area again.
Brooklyn, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This older Hilton property is located north of the American Airlines Arena, a block away from the Omni bus station (with bus service to South Beach), and with walking distance of several Miami Trolley stops that take you to Wynwood, Brickell, and Bayside. There are always also taxis at stand at this hotel.

The check-in process was efficient. There was no wait and the lady at the counter recognised my status and handed me my Gold breakfast certificates (good for the $19 full American buffet in the hotel restaurant). She promised 2 bottles of water would be sent to my room but this never happened. I didn't follow up on it since there was during the day a free water dispenser to the left of the front desk which I used to refill my water bottle on two occasions instead. Aside from this the gift shop to the left of the front desk sells water at a cheaper price than the hotel bar/Starbucks. For even cheaper pricing visit the Publix grocery across the street.

The lobby is above the ground level entrance. You must take a lift to the lobby. Once checked-in you must cross the lobby to another set of lifts to get to the rooms. There are 5 lifts and one was always ready to ascend. Once in the lifts however, they seem to move rather slow. I appreciated the 18th floor Bay view room I had, but the ride up seemed slow. My room was nice - it had several seating options including a desk chair on wheels, a straight backed chair and an arm chair. My room was near the lifts, but this didn't provide any noise distractions. The noise heard in my room came from the loud central A/C unit and from a nearby bathroom I believe (I could hear the noise of water running - perhaps a shower or perhaps a toilet tank filling...).

The gym is on floor 1. The pool is on lobby level and is outdoors. There is seating surrounding it and on a lower level from the pool as well. This lower level outdoor seating is accessible to the restaurant where breakfast is served.

WiFi speeds were fast. Aside from breakfast and check-in I had no other interactions with hotel staff. Housekeeping did a great job however and seemed to get to my room early on in the day.

In the future I would probably stay in a hotel closer to Bayside to cut down on travel time on the trolleys which run only every 15 minutes. This place is well located if you want to catch a game at the AA Arena, but I'd also recommend staying south of the area because for the moment at least that area seems to be more developed. I think north of the arena will soon be developed as well - there was construction in progress and already some nice condos north of the hotel.

Room Tip: A Bay view certainly is nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank bszweda
It is always our desire at the Hilton Miami Downtown to provide exceptional service, great accommodations and top amenities to make our guests’ stay the best that it can be, and it sounds as if you enjoyed all three during your recent visit. Our location is convenient to not only AmericanAirlines Arena, but also offers easy access to points beyond via the MeotroMoverl Monorail and Omni Bus service. We appreciate your pointing out some of the features of our hotel that you enjoyed, from our full breakfast to our fitness center, outdoor seating and pool. Please know that we value your input and hope that any sounds from outside your guest room were not too much of a disruption to your peace. Thank you for your review. We hope that you will consider another visit in the future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Pros - location, the overall condition of the hotel, f&b was very good (I'm picky in this matter) Cons - arrival experience lacked care, internet in the room for a price (at this day and age...... :( ) Someone who made a difference - Ingrid at Front Desk, when checking out. She made me fell cared for and special!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Miami Downtown. It is wonderful to hear you found our hotel facilities were excellent, and that our Associates made you feel so well cared for. For our guests’ convenience, Wifi access is free in our Lobby, however your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will be sure to share your comments with our Management team. We would be delighted to welcome you again when you visit Miami, business or pleasure.