“A good place to stay....” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Erskine Park
“A good place to stay....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during the Power Showcase, and it was a great place to stay. The coffee (it has Starbucks coffee) and it was great to come home to after the day at Marlins Park. Food was good, rooms were comfirtable too. We'll be back next time we're in Miami....

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
It is such a compliment when a guest has enjoyed their stay so much that they are inspired to write a review of the Hilton Miami Downtown. We certainly enjoy creating a positive experience for each of our guests, from our comfortable guestroom accommodations all the way to a hot, fresh cup of Starbucks available in our lobby! Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and please come and visit with us soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My original plans were to be in Puerto Rico, but due to inclement weather, my travel agent put me on the nearest beach. The only hotel open was this one away from South Beach. Up arriving there was a huge convention (body building perhaps?) Since this trip was put together last minute I didn't have a lot of time to research the area. The concierge was excellent. The first night we took a cab over to South Beach for dinner, after spending $50 dollars on a taxi, we decided to look into other options. The concierge gave us other options; we opted to take the bus just $2 each way. Room was excellent, great views and dinner (room service) was also good. The only thing was very disppointing was that I left my perfum, that was given to me as a gift, when I called to ask (I was very sure I left it in the room because I used it before I left the room) the housekeeper never turned it in, which was very disappointing. With that said, I'd probably will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scm0105
It is our highest priority to ensure that our guests are not only pleased with their stay with us, but that their expectations have been surpassed. While we are truly pleased to know you found our concierge to be, as you put it, excellent, it is truly disappointed to learn that your entire experience was not all that you hoped it would be. We understand how frustrating it can be when items are misplaced and regret that we were unable to assist you further in locating your perfume. Thank you for your review.
Seminole, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed in Miami one night prior to a cruise. Very nice room. We upgraded to the executive level which gave us free hot buffet style breakfast. It was excellent. Nice view of Biscayne Bay and all the cruise ships in port. Slightly confusing if arriving by car and you do self park. Trying to find the entrance and then dealing with 2 separate elevators you are not sure where you are supposed to go. A little bit of signage would help. It was a good location in Miami. Staff at the lobby bar were helpful as well as those at the front desk. I would stay there again. I understand this hotel used to be the Omni. Parking is $25.00 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the cruise port and Biscayne Bay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderkid
An upgrade can be such a special treat! Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown. We couldn’t be happier to know you enjoyed your accommodations and breakfast dining experience. Providing the very best in service is always one of our top priorities and we will be sure to share your feedback with everyone here. We must apologize if you experienced any confusion upon entering our building but glad that it seems that it did not impact your overall stay. It would be our pleasure to see you again for your next visit to Miami, whether your trip is for a cruise or just a sunny visit to South Florida, thank you!
Windermere, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Miami Downtown for two nights during the busy Christmas period, and although it was very busy, we were looked after with the professionalism we have come to expect from the Hilton brand. We stayed on the 17th floor with a great view of the bay.
The room was clean and tidy, modern decor and flat screen tv. Zip out check out on the phone saved time from the regular checking out process. Valet car parking was at $28 per day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We truly feel honored to learn of your complimentary remarks regarding our associates and accommodations. It is always our goal to deliver exceptional quality and service to all of our guests, and we are grateful for your kind acknowledgement of our efforts. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Miami Downtown very soon. Thank you for your review and loyalty to the Hilton brand.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Thanks to a successfully Priceline bid, I stayed at the Hilton Miami Downtown for one night prior to a cruise. I was a bit concerned based on some of the less-than-stellar reviews here; however, this Hilton ended up being a decent place to stay, and I would stay again for the right price.

Cab fare from the airport is about $25 (including the gas surcharge and toll fare). Afternoon traffic is mostly leaving the downtown area, so I avoided any stop-and-go traffic.

Check in was fast and efficient.

I ended up with a room on 15th floor with a view of Biscayne Blvd and and bit of the bay. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The decor could use an update, as other note. The wifi signal was strong with no interruptions. In room wifi comes with a fee, otherwise you can use it in the lobby for free. My room was close to the elevator, and as with most hotel rooms in this location, I did hear some hallway noise and elevator dings, but nothing that was too annoying.

The only thing that is somewhat annoying is you have to take 2 elevators to exit the hotel - one from the street to the lobby, and then one from the lobby to your room.

There is a Burger King and Checkers right across the street, and a Publix one block down. This came in very handy, especially the sandwich counter that makes subs.

It's also very easy to do a very scenic run from the hotel, exiting onto Biscayne Blvd, going south to 15th ST / Venetian Causeway, and then running east down the causeway to Miami Beach.

Cab fare to the cruise port is about $15.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mellicon
Thank you so much for providing such a detailed account of your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown. A winter season cruise can be such an exciting experience and our hotel, located just minutes from the Port of Miami, provides the perfect pre or post cruise accommodations. Did you know we also offer some amazing cruise packages that include transportation to or from the port? From check in to check out, it is our goal that each and every guest enjoys an excellent stay and we are so glad you enjoyed your time here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I travelled to Miami for Art Basel week as I do every year. What a great event. This was my first stay at this Hilton due to its location and I was extremely happy. The accommodations were ok, the room was clean but could be updated. The restaurant and lounge provided good food and good service. The employees were friendly and helpful. Luana, an employee in the lounge was so fantastic and on top of providing great service she was able to recommend so many places for my fiance and I to visit to enjoy the many restaurants, clubs and bars that were in South Beach, Downtown and throughout the design district. She certainly made us feel special and the extra attention she gave us went a long way. Miami is a scene that changes so frequently, so having someone who can make recommendations can make all the difference to having a great stay or not. I recommend this hotel and hope that you have as great a stay as my fiance and I.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darren A
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Art Basel is definitely one of the best events of the year in Miami! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We all believe that providing excellent service is of one of the most important aspects of creating a great stay for our guests and we couldn’t be happier to learn that you appreciated our associates hospitality and recommendations. We will be sure to share your kind words with everyone here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again to the Hilton Miami Downtown.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We booked the Hilton for a one night stand so we could enjoy a concert. We were give a nice corner room on the 16th floor when I showed them my Hilton Honors crd. (I had purchased the room online at a great price). Good location, nice service. We would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steelpanwoman
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
The Adriene Arsht Center for the Performing Arts is one of the most amazing event venues in the city and we couldn’t be happier to know you were able to enjoy such a great stay with us during your visit to Miami. Thank you for providing feedback regarding your visit to the Hilton Miami Downtown, from your accommodations to our location it seems you had a great experience and for that we are truly grateful. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.