“very good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Naples, FL
“very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I spent Thanksgiving weekend (3 nights) at the Hilton Downtown. I had booked it after looking at a lot of other possibilities. I did not want to be on South Beach and i wanted a view of Biscayne Bay. I signed up for an upgrade to a suite if available and it was. The suite was enormous with a southern and eastern exposure. Wow!
Check in was courteous and friendly. In fact, every employee was helpful. My stay was most satisfying and the room was an extremely good value. I can say that because I looked at a lot of other downtown properties. I left the car in the garage ($28 per night) and took cabs to downtown restaurants, not far away.
Only complaints: furniture was very old and dated, and wi-fi in the lobby areas was spotty. also, would have been nice to have a fridge or mini-bar in the suite.
All in all, you should give it a try.

Room Tip: this was a junior suite at a very good price, perhaps b/c it was a holiday weekend and most people w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Step into our suite accommodations and treat yourself to the best downtown Miami views from our floor to ceiling windows. We think wow is the perfect description! Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Hilton Miami Downtown, it is always such a pleasure to read feedback from our guests and learn about everything they enjoy while staying with us. We must apologize if you had any issues with our complimentary wireless Internet in the Lobby. Please know that someone is always available should you have any concerns and refrigerators are available upon request. The next time you are in Miami, we would love to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before heading home and it was perfect! Rooms were spacious and comfortable! Hotel greeted us warmly which is what we always get from Hilton. I will definitely stay here again. Should have stayed here earlier in our vacation before our cruise. This hotel is close enough to port of Miami.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Knowing that you enjoyed your stay so much you will be inspired to return is the best compliment we could receive! Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown. Warm, hospitable service and spacious, comfortable accommodations are just some of the many amenities you can expect when visiting us and our convenient access to the Port of Miami makes cruise travel a breeze. Next time we hope you can stay for a longer visit as it would be our pleasure welcome you.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed in room 434 October 18 and 19th with the Morinda Bioactive Fall National convention. When I went to take a shower, I removed the mat from the edge of the tub and a roach fell out. The hot water faucet was loose, and there appeared to be mold in some of the tile joints in the shower. I had breakfast Saturday morning and ordered from the menu. I had to send the eggs back as they were cold. I know this is Miami, but $28 a day for parking is really high!
I checked out on Sunday, the 20th to drive back to Orlando. When I got home, I noticed that I had left my iPad 2 in the hotel room, along with some dvd's from the convention. I immediately called the hotel, and they said no one had turned it in to Lost and Found. I called later that evening, and they said they would send a Security person to the room. They found no iPad in the room. I called the next day and asked to speak to Housekeeping. I got a voice mail, and left a message with my phone number that if the iPad was found, I would give $100 reward no questions asked. I did not receive a call back from Housekeeping. I am totally frustrated, as no one else was in the room after me except housekeeping. I had taken video of each speaker on Saturday which is now lost. My iPad 2 was over $600 and I find this to be totally unexceptable for a hotel with this name brand recognition. I want my iPad 2 back, but obviously it's in the hands of someone else. I was sent a email for comment about my stay, and I replied about the roach, faucet, mold and stolen iPad 2. I did not receive any reply back from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Don A
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I’m disheartened to hear about your experience with us while in town for the convention. We work with a local pest control company for any pest issues and have addressed this problem. We've also worked with our housekeeping staff regarding the mold issues you experienced. The safety and security of our guests is always a top concern and we appreciate that you alerted us about your missing device. I regret that your iPad was not recovered and I apologize for the delay in replying to your message. Unfortunately we were unable to locate any correspondence regarding this issue and were unable to contact you for further information as do not have your contact information. Please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with our Director of Security for assistance. Thank you!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

After reading several questionable reviews about the Hilton Miami Downtown I was hesitant to stay there, but I gave it a shot and was glad I did. My wife and I did an overnight stay at this hotel to see a concert at the American Airlines arena. We chose the hotel because it was within walking distance of the arena (thus eliminating paying to park) and we are hilton honors members. We chose to valet park although self parking is also an option. The valet attendants were very courteous. The Hotel is very nice. You have to take an elevator from the valet level up to the lobby area. Check in at the front desk was great. The Clerk (Luis) was extremely pleasant. He asked about our room preference and upgraded our room (good to be an HH member). Our room on the 17th floor was absolutely fantastic. Maybe an updated paint job may have been in order, but honestly the view from the room made us forget about everything else. We had been upgraded to a bay view room. We had the downtown miami skyline, the cruise port and more for a view. This was probably the nicest view I can remember from a hotel room. Not to mention the fact that the room was very very spacious which was appreciated. The bathroom was clean. Water pressure was good and the bed was very comfy. We had dinner in one of the downstairs restaurants. We didn't feel like leaving the hotel. Dinner was decent. It was expensive (as expected) but convenient. The following morning we also had breakfast downstairs using our continental breakfast voucher. My only complaint is that you had to pay additional to upgrade to a full breakfast, but I'm assuming this is one of the cost saving tools that Hilton is now using. Although this hotel is a very nice Hilton, I'm not sure if I'd do a lengthy stay here. If you're coming down to Miami to see a concert at the arena, then this hotel is an option. If you're on business in Miami, then this is definitely an option. If you're about to go on a cruise out of miami or just got in from a cruise then this is an option. I would definitely stay here again on a short trip. Great experience!

Room Tip: You want a bay view room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buddhabrown
AmericanAirlines Arena to the Port of Miami and more, the Hilton Miami Downtown offers the ideal accommodations and we are thrilled you agree. Thank you so much for sharing details regarding your stay with us, we are truly humbled by your kind review. The view of the Miami skyline is rather spectacular and we feel fortunate to gaze out on its beauty every day. From your dining experience to your spacious guestroom it seems as if you enjoyed so much and we are so glad it was such a pleasant surprise for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again for another great stay.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

A great place to stay if your in need of a downtown hotel. Employees were attentive, food was good and the price is right in there with most nice hotels in the downtown area. not far to the water either. thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review of the Hilton Miami Downtown. With the perfect address in downtown Miami close to everything you may need, we couldn’t be happier to know you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with everyone here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel is located in a neigborhood that gets better every year. Comfortable rooms, clean and overall with a friendly staff, from bell boton, valet parking and Recepction desks. Nearby downtown and Bayside. Ideal for business or combo business/vacation, specially if you need to be in downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Downtown Miami is truly amazing and we feel so fortunate to part of such an exciting destination. Thank you for sharing your review and appreciation for the Hilton Miami Downtown. From your clean and comfortable accommodations to our hospitable team, it seems that you enjoyed your stay and for that, we are truly grateful. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again and we hope it’s soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent two nights here for a business meeting. The lobby was awkwardly laid out, barren, and uninviting, with a mix of old 60's tile, 80's walls and carpet, and a dash of late 90's techno for good measure. My room, 507, was in TERRIBLE condition, with the exception of the linens, which were the usual nice quality hotel linen. Paint, carpet and most furnishings were quite worn. The food, both that served at the meeting, and the room service I ordered, ranged from ordinary at best to inedible. The first night I got in I ordered a tuna steak with a salad- the tuna had THAT smell, and the salad was not fresh either. At the meeting the next day the fruits and vegetables had worn out their welcome the previous day. One redeeming feature of the hotel was its easy access to the Venetian Causeway, which is a beautiful walk across the bay.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bluzgal
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Your feedback is welcomed and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us. It certainly concerns us to read your review as we take the comments of all of our guests very seriously and continuously strive to create a positive stay for all. We must apologize that you were in any way disappointed with your dining experiences and will be sure to share your comments with our management team. Please know that one of our associates is always available to help provide the best possible stay for all of our guests and if there was anything that we could have done that could have made your stay more positive, we would have be happy to help.