“No towels on bathroom/18 % Service charge on restaurant”

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ranked #32 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed April 3, 2014

No towels on the bathroom when I arrived after 3:00 PM. I called the front desk, towels were delivered after that. After that somebody called that the towels will be delivered soon, I told her that I got the towels; after that a lady showed with more towels. The 18% service charge on the restaurant bill is not acceptable, I think that is illegal. Not happy with the issues. This is not the first time that I have problems on a HGI.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank arrivera

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Clean, good service, good quality and taste of the food. Friendly, very convenient location. The registration was very fast, quite rooms with great beds and pillows. Quick transportation to the airport

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Graciela T
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Honestly, when we first drove up I thought we were in trouble as the hotel happened to be directly underneath a flight path for the nearby airport. Then when we got our room on the 5th (top) floor, I really had resigned myself to no sleep with the planes flying overhead. The room itself was nice, as were the staff who recommended several good, but moderately priced restaurants across the street. When we returned to the hotel after 7:00 PM, we found the gate to the entrance locked and had to call for security to come open it. It was then we noticed the entire property was fenced in. Once we got to our room we retired early. Around 2:30 AM, I was awakened to some type of loud music I assumed was from a nearby bar or discotheque. Hoping that it would end surely by 3 AM, I laid in bed waiting. 3 AM came and went and it was still playing. By 3:30 my wife was awake too. Luckily she had an app with ocean waves and night sounds that drowned out the music. When we woke up for our flight, my wife informed me the music stopped around 5:00 AM.
In conclusion, the hotel itself was clean, nice and within 10 min of the airport. Staff was friendly with security patrolling the parking lot all night. Overall, I don't have anything but good to say of my stay here. However, the music ruined my nights sleep. Perhaps it was someone in their car jamming out or something that only happened on Saturday nights, but it still made the night awfully long. Ironically, the airplanes that I originally was worried about....never heard a one fly over lol.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We chose this hotel for the easy convenient location near to the airport en route to our cruise out of St Thomas and can only say we made a great choice.
The shuttle bus was very good both ways.
Very efficient and helpful staff.
Nice ground floor room which was very clean and pretty quiet considering the proximity to the airport.
Only one thing let our stay down and that was we pre booked a smoking room and upon arrival there were none available.
All in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keefw
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I come to the Miami area because the location is right for what i do for work and the staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean, they open their arms to welcome me back every time, just a great hotel

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom P
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Our family is kind of a Hilton loyalist , hence we always opt for Hilton if one is there in our place of visit. The Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport as the name suggests is located near the Airport hence it might be a bit noisy for some people but I guess for us it was ok, the hotel is conveniently located if someone is basically just staying in for a stopover or so, which our case was. As per our usual experience also in this hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived and could not check in but they took all our luggage and stowed it away. But when we reached our rooms, they were super clean and the internet in the room was wonderful. Once we had settled down a bit we enjoyed the Kurig coffee in our rooms with the local channels on in our TV. Overall a Hilton like experience , a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HangoverPablo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Early in the morning and late evenings, too many airplanes fly-by´s and at very low altitude. Hotel located aligned to one of the Miami Intl Airport runways. Also too far from beaches and main attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gerardo L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 125 in Miami
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!