“Comfortable room and convenient for transit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #24 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Bangalore
“Comfortable room and convenient for transit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed for a night to take the cruise the next day. From the airport when we called for the shuttle, they gave an estimate of 30 minutes but a shuttle came within 5 minutes. Check in was quick. Our breakfast was not included as we had booked through one of the 3rd party websites. Dennys right across the street (be careful while crossing - there is no ped-xing there. The ped-xing is located very far off near the traffic light) serves very good breakfast.

The room was quite clean. The bedding was extremely comfortable. Our special requests were promptly attended to. The airport shuttle is free but there is no free shuttle to the cruise port.

This hotel is a bit pricey compared to the nearby airport hotels. But after reading the reviews on the cheaper hotels, I decided to stay here and it was definitely worth it.

2 Thank Sekar-Travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
San Francisco Peninsula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

One night stay, in transit. Airport shuttle worked just fine. We called and were told we would have to wait 25 min, but the shuttle came right away - a nice surprise! Lobby clean, we'll organized - same layout as other HGIs I've stayed in. Check in efficient and friendly. Room, a mini-suite (another nice surprise), large enough, clean, functional & quiet.
Restaurant very busy and service slow. Served apologized for delay. Note: tip is added to bill - no need to add more unless you want to. Food was good. I would have like a menu that listed calories, but that's just me. Flatbread was delicious!
Only a MCD & Denny's within easy walking distance (well, maybe more options - we arrived late and that's all I saw, and I was looking)
Next morning: The shuttle driver overheard that our next stop was a car rental place. Instead of taking us to MIA so that we would have to get another shuttle, she drove us directly to car rentals...really nice of her.
The next day: I realized I left something in my room. I called, it had been found and I was able to pick it up without any problem. I really appreciated this extra.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
La Paz, Bolivia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The property is nice, good location and is in good shape. The hotel offers free breakfast everyday and free dinner Mon-Thu. The food is most likely precooked and packaged but the "chefs" go the extra mile to add certain things to the food to make it better. You will not go hungry here.

The negative aspect of the trip was that I did not get the room I reserved. I reserved a one bedroom suite and ended up with a studio type room. The rooms have a nice kitchenette but no oven. The beds are comfortable and TV is decent size. This hotel is right in the flight path for MIA airport but I never heard a single plane fly over.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and although it was quiet this hotel has the slowest elevator in Miami. Chose...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ranger0793
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, Miami for a business trip. It's a nicely built hotel with good service and close proximity to the airport and business centers. Shopping is also not far away with Dolphin mall near to the hotel..... great place to shop.....you may want to take help from the front desk for nearby attractions (not many for a city like Miami though)
Nicely kept jacuzzi & pool are added advantage.... try the warm chocolate cookies at the reception, they are nice after a swimming session....
Shuttle service to/from airport is useful, and if you're lucky, you may get dropped /picked from some shopping malls near by as well :)
Good hotel if you have to stay near airport for some reason....

Room Tip: room overlooking swimming pool gives better view.....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We are long time Hilton Honors members and know what to expect. This hotel did not meet these expectations. The reception was friendly enough. The room, however, an allegedly non-smoking room, stank of cigarette smoke--as soon as the annoying air freshener odor dissipated. The a/c was loud enough to (almost) be mistaken for an airplane taking off at the airport next door. The bathroom floor was filthy. The food at the grill downstairs was quite good, even though we had to look at numerous dirty dishes that had been left at adjacent tables. Hilton can do better.

• 2 of 5 stars
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We arrived late at the airport, we called for the shuttle service at 11:30pm and the staff told us the wait was less the 15 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised of the prompt response. After we identified the terminal we were waiting, I was not clear to us where the pick up was within the terminal. We missed the shuttle as we were waiting at the wrong spot. After we called again, we finally agree at a pick up point within the terminal and was picked up after another 15 minute wait. Once we arrived at the property, we were quickly checked in and was upgraded to a suite. We used the breakfast facility which was fantastic. The only complaint is the tight spaces between tables in the breakfast area which can cause some interesting twisting around navigating around.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is nice enough for and airport hotel. The room was clean although the bathroom showed its age.
Service was awful. At breakfast I asked for a to go container and it took 3 servers before I got someone who didn't just ignore me. Although none of them really spoke English so it's possible they just didn't understand what I was asking for.
The night before an early flight I asked the front desk about the airport shuttle and the woman told me to just come down when I was ready. In the morning I came down at 605 and was told the shuttle only ran on the half hour and I would have to wait until 630. That would have been fine if I had been given that info when I asked about the shuttle.
Next time Ill probably stay at the Homewood Suites one building over. My coworkers said it was great and it was cheaper too.

• Stayed January 2013