“Outstanding”

Neighborhood: Downtown
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great food and great service! It was packed for a reason and a fantastic view if you sit on the terrace. First Class.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Houston, Texas
“THE BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Simply put, the best food, service, atmosphere. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for. I found this restaurant on a trip to Miami in May and was back again in June. I will go back the next time i am in Miami

• Visited June 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“Best Italian food in Miami”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

What service!!!! management should be proud, world class service, food was unique and superb. view on the bay was the topper!!

Visited June 2014
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“The finest Italian restaurant in Southeast Florida”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times and it is always perfect. Plain and simple this is an elegant, trendy expensive restaurant and worth every penny! If you can, request to be seated outside for the spectacular view. I cannot imagine a finer restaurant!!!

• Visited February 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

For those of you complaining about how long it takes, do the rest of us a favor and call for take out...or possibly just go to the local drive thru.

For everyone else, if you want to spend some time with friends, family or the one you love relaxing and eating great food, try this place.

When you arrive, you are greeted with a smile. We wanted to eat outside on the veranda, so we had a drink while our table opened up. We decided to grab a drink at the bar outside. Our bartender made a lovely strawberry and basil martini for me. Yum. Once seated, you are immersed in service. Your drink will be brought over by the really nice bartender so you don't have to worry about spilling. Then you get a little bruchetta, some fried zucchini chips then comes the cheese. They bring over this amazing wheel of cheese, whack off a hunk and serve it with the sweet molassesy balsamic vinegar. Water of your choice also arrives. As you nosh on all of this goodness, the wait staff begins to explain specials. And yes, they are not cheap...nothing about this place says inexpensive.
Jack had the tuna tartar...it is served with avocado and caviar. It melts in your mouth and you may fight over sharing. I had the Straciattella soup. Lots of fresh spinach and light airy eggs. Its my favorite soup ever. For dinner, Jack had the pesto with shrimp and linguini. Pasta was as fresh as the sauce. I had the Scallop special vege risotto. It was very good, but it didn't hit the spot. I think I wanted pasta, so you can't blame them...This was all me. Anyway, we passed on dessert, but had espresso and their yummy, homemade lemoncello. Lemoncello makes everything better.

All in all it was a great night. We never felt rushed. The food was timed beautifully to our pace. Our drinks we always full. We love Il Gabbiano.

2 Thank Lisa C