“Expensive but worth it”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The moment you walk in you know you are in for a treat. This place is very expensive but the food is fabulous. If you are looking for a casual meal this is not the place to go however if you are looking for a special place for a special occasion this is it. The view is fantastic, the service is superb, and the food is delicious. But you are going to pay for it. They gave us a complimentary piece of Parmesan cheese and bruchetta. I had the lobster ravioli and it was excellent. The wine selection is fantastic. My husband had the rack of lamb and it was made to perfection. The next time I have something to celebrate this will be my to go place. Treat yourself and go dine.

There are newer reviews for Il Gabbiano

Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the moment you sat down until leaving, dining here was a great pleasure. The food was spectacular and the service the best! The menu was very diverse and quite appealing to everyone. It was expensive, but one does not look at price if the service and food is worth it.....and Il Gabbiano was worth it. Some of the delicious entrees were Veal Parmigiano, Veal Saltimboca, Lamb, Lobster Ravioli, Paparadelle w/Porcini Mushrooms. The seafood stuffed avocado was wonderful as well as the Pears poached in Sweet White wine for dessert.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

As a native New Yorker, I have had some excellent Italian food in my lifetime. But Il Gabbiano was just over the top. The food was absolutely incredible. The salads, bruchetta and pastas are about as good as you will get anywhere in the US. Went there for a business dinner. When I got there at 5pm on a friends recommendation, the place was totally empty and I was a little concerned. By 7pm there was not a seat in the house left, totally jammed on a Thursday night. Better make reservations!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went here in May and I emailed a reservation request back in April for an outside table. From the moment we arrived everything was first class and perfect!

We had a table against the rail and a wonderful view of the marina. Our waiter was charming and attentive throughout. The food was gorgeous! My husband had the tuna tartar and I had crab, prawn and avocado to start both were divine and we both had the linguine vongole for our main which was simply the best version of this dish that we have ever eaten and I eat it a lot in Italy and cook it myself!! Huge clams and lots of them, flavours/pasta just simply cooked perfect!

Wine wasn't as expensive as some other restaurants we ate in during our stay in Miami. It has a wonderful setting - make sure you request an outside table as we watched the sun set. So glad we went here!

1  Thank spoilt1
Reviewed June 11, 2013

we made reservations few days ahead for 3 people (which was great idea since waiting without reservations is about 2 hours), but due to flood/storm the day before in Miami we were late by 45 minutes.(we did call to tell we're late) and the restaurant held our table. We were seated outside with a view to the water, it was a very busy Sat nite, our waiter greeted us and right away we had bread basket (variety) and fresh chunk of Parmigiano cheese and balsamic vinegar on our plates, then bruschetta and fried zucchini were placed as complementary start to dinner. We decided to try special Ravioli with porcini mushrooms in truffle sauce - it was outstanding, my husband had chicken (which was tender,juicy and delicious) and our daughter had spinach fetuccini in basil sauce. Wine list is very extensive, atmosphere is typical hyper-festive Miami, and food/deserts and service was great! Will definitely want to come back again.

Been to Il Gabbiano? Share your experiences!