“Great stay for our family”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Ranked #14 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay for our family”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This hotel was a last minute booking as we were returning from a cruise and wanted to stay near Miami for the weekend .The South Beach Food Network weekend was also taking place so this is why we planned on a rental car and this hotel.We wanted options to do whatever activities we chose, whether it be the beach,a park ,a basketball game, or just stay at the hotel.It was right next to the airport.
This property is brand new and clean.This affected my choice as this is the most important choice for my family,not location.The employees at this property went above and beyond to make our stay most enjoyable.When we were off the ship by 9:30 a.m. I called the front desk and they not only gave us a room early,but also gave us pinpoint directions to their property and maps and recommendations for south beach.Always a pleasant hello from every employee,does help make your stay!!There is also a shuttle van I believe shared with the Hilton Garden Inn located right next door.Ample well lit parking for our stay.I felt safe in this area at all times.My only negative here was I was the only smoker in our party,when I went out in front of the hotel to smoke there were no benches or seats.But there is ashtrays by the pool.

The outdoor pool was a perfect temp but small,but I enjoyed this area for 2 hours before we left on Sunday.Two families were there while I soaked in the beautiful Miami sun,they all seemed to be having fun.They provide pool towels,Nice chairs and tables with a outdoor grille located next to pool area.I loved the music around the pools located with decorative speaker rocks.There is a small basketball area near the pool that my boys enjoyed.The only negative is the low flying planes coming into the airport.I did not hear these planes at night,not sure if it was my exhaustion??

Lots of fast food nearby.Also a Publix grocery store in which I visited and stocked up on sodas,juices etc..It really helps to have a fridge,microwave and the bathrooms were huge.Nice big showers,hair dryers awesome! It was a nice suite room with comfy beds,plush linens and towels.I also used the business room,very nice.With everything being so new and my Hilton points this was great deal for our family.Thanks Homewood!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is brand new, only opened a month and was excellent.

The staff really makes this place excel - the front desk staff are some of the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in my extensive travels.

The rooms include everything you need to be fully self contained. There is even an ice maker in the room! The grocery buying service is a real blessing...

If eating out is your thing, there are tons of restaurants very close and the hotel shuttle can take you to Dolphin Mall and its many eateries.

Just a great place to stay and minutes to the airport.

• Liked — The staff and amenities
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TCKTraveller