“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Saskatchewan
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked this hotel first for a one night stay before going on a cruise and loved it so much that we booked it for an additional 3 night stay after our cruise. We have never felt so welcomed or at home at any other hotel like this one. Miguel's extensive breakfast selection and his great suppers on Monday to Thursday night saves us money and tasted great. The help from the front desk staff was great, from their suggestions for things to do in Miami, places to eat in the surrounding area and help with shuttle service. The rooms were comfortable, felt like a home away from home and very roomy. My only complaint would be one of the shuttle drivers, he missed picking us up one day and was surly and abrupt another. I would suggest that my friends and family stay here anytime in the future! Thanks to Kat, Miguel and all the other staff for making our stay so enjoyable. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LACali22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tampa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had to move furniture to get husband in his wheelchair into the room. I understand renovations are planned in the next year. Shower was slippery as tiles are worn. This hotel is not nearly as nice as the other Homewood Suites on Blue Lagoon.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The only thing I would consider adding would be double beds in the some of the suites. I stayed with my sister and she had to sleep on the sofa. This location was convenient to the airport and shopping as we had to buy some things before boarding the plane.

1 Thank 5paulinew
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We called the hotel when we arrived at the airport and did not have to wait long for their bus service. We enjoyed everything about the hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were heavenly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Miami

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and i spent a couple of days in this hotel and found it a wonderfull option for people who are looking for a place to stay near the airport area. The rates were very good and the room was very clean and comfortable. It also had breakfast included and from monday to thursday a night meal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, on Hilton points, for one night before a cruise. Our flight arrived late at Miami airport, and as instructed, we called the hotel for shuttle pick-up. We called 4 separate times, and the phone rang for 5+ minutes each time without being answered. Finally we got through, and were told the shuttle would be dispatched momentarily and would arrive in 20 minutes ~ so it took over an hour from when we first stepped out on the curb until we were picked up. The shuttle only held 10 people and was filled with passengers on the first stop.

When we arrived at the hotel, the girl at the front desk told me she was the only person on duty, responsible for checking in guests and answering the phones, hence the extensive delays. She was apologetic, this is clearly a management problem. We had reserved a room with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa which was roomy enough for our family of 5 for 1 night.

I'm Hilton Gold and our welcome gift was 2 bottles of water and 4 cookies waiting in our room. (Hampton Inn gives us gummi bears and vitamin water, points to Hampton Inn!)

The next morning we went down to the breakfast and the same poor girl was working the desk alone. She told me she had gotten to go home from 2-5 am. I asked where there was a drugstore within walking distance as my son had forgotten deodorant and she gave me 2 small sticks from the little store. There was only one man working the breakfast, which was mobbed, and he was clearly frustrated, snapping at guests who didn't clear their tables when finished.

My kids enjoyed a quick swim in the outdoor pool which was a nice size for an airport hotel.

FYI We also had an unpleasant exchange with the hotel prior to our arrival. Homewood suites advertises a complementary grocery shopping service and we had asked for them to purchase, and add to our bill, 2 cases of water and 2 bottles of sunscreen, but we were informed that they only offer that service to guests staying 2 or more nights.

2 1/2 stars, Hilton should do some serious management training but probably won't since it's such a short-stay property.

Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel has a very relaxed feel. Very hospitable. While waiting on my room I picked up an item from the commissary and the desk clerk told me it was free! On her. Nice touch. Comfortable suite. Not new but clean. I'm a stickler for the bed sheets and I normally would have asked for them to be changed but for an overnight stay it was accepted. Wasn't comfortable with ground floor room.But again for the few hours I was there I didn't request a change. Very reliable shuttle service. The last hotel that I chose because of their shuttle service (Hilton Garden Inn near Pembroke Pines) to surrounding Malls so-called changed their shuttle service policy right in the middle of my trip making it difficult to get around and having to get taxis at a time when taxis were in peak demand. Had to slide that one in there. Shuttle arrived very promptly upon my arrival and worked pretty much to the schedule set out. Schedule was not the most convenient but the drivers kept to it.

Room Tip: Didn't eat from restaurant or had room service. I wasn't comfortable with the ground floor r...