“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent 10 days at the hotel and it was a great experience. The check in was smooth but had to wait 2 hours for the room. When we came back the room was ready and when we entered found that room was very clean and very spacious. It is like a small home that have small kitchen with full size refrigerator with ice maker, microwave. dishwasher, etc. The room we had was a one bedroom with cable and wifi included in the price. The housekeeping staff and dinning staff are awesome. The hotel has breakfast daily and dinner (Monday-Thursday) both are extremely good and saved us lots of money. We used the pool and it was very clean, it just had many planes flying over it, but it is a airport based hotel. While the parking is free, the location is a bit tricky with lots of traffic to go in and out of property. I learned that if you exit the hotel trough the back gate you can save lots time, but you should know that the back gate is closed at night.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've lived in Homewood Suites for ten months and I feel as if I'm in my second home. I highly recommend this hotel especially for extended and family stays. The rooms are clean, large and well furnished and the morning breakfast and evening meal provide a great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

stay here frequently for work and always enjoy the stay. staff is excellent and helpful. clean rooms and good breakfast and evening free eats. good restaraunts neer by and van will take to many of them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms have a small kitchen and living room. They are quiet, clean and comfy. The breakfast and dinner are ok, nothing special. Actually go across the street -- don't get run over-- to the Cuban restaurant for a great meal. The staff was helpful. The first room they assigned me someone had smoked in and they changed me right away. Worth a stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Ephrata, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. I would definitely come back to stay. My only problem was with the location & my GPS trying to find it. It wasn't exactly the location on the GPS, but it was within the vicinity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was traveling with my family and needed a hotel close to MIA airport to spend the day with wife and two kids as I would arrive from Brazil by the morning (11am) and leave to Cancun from MIA at 20pm. So in fact I needed a nice hotel close to the airport with transportation services, a pool and wifi connection. After reading some good reviews I decided to call the hotel and explain my situation to make sure I would be able to check in early as I arrived and understand how the transportation worked... They informed that I should call them as I arrived to the airport and they would pick me up. Well..... Everything seemed to be setup until this point.When I arrived I called them, after that 40 minutes went by and nobody arrived.I called them again and I was informed I would be better take a cab and they would reimburse me .... Not really as I expected. After arriving to the hotel I went straight to the front desk and they informed me they could not assure early check-ins, I explained to them my whole situation and that I had called them 2 days before to assure I would have a room ready but the girl at the front desk was strict saying it was not the hotel policy and that nobody could have assured that to me. Well I did not like it very much, but having already paid for the services at this time I had become a hostage of the situation. After discussing in front of other guests and waiting for some time a room was made available. Very nice room though, with an excellent bed, a sofa, table, small kitchen and a very good wifi connection. At the end of the day I was able to take a new transportation back to the airport this time without any issue and embark on the flight. As you could read on my title my experience was not what I expected and I will not stay there again after what I went through but on the other hand I admit the room was pretty good and transportation worked when I needed it for the second time to return to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank JoaquimFPC
Oranjestad, Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. Upon arrival one of our rooms wasent ready, and it was dinner time so the lady at the front desk told us to have dinner and by the time we are done the room wil be also. we had two rooms one king and one room with 2 double beds. The rooms are very CLEAN, the workers, from the front desk to the housekeeping, they were Very FRIENDLY, HELPFULL.. and if you need anything they are there quickly... The breakfast was Good and so was the dinner. The shuttle's are Always On Time.. This hotel is for Relaxation & for families with kids.. Next time i visit miami.. i wil be staying at MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME.... Homewood suites :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends