WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“Not as I expected...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was traveling with my family and needed a hotel close to MIA airport to spend the day with wife and two kids as I would arrive from Brazil by the morning (11am) and leave to Cancun from MIA at 20pm. So in fact I needed a nice hotel close to the airport with transportation services, a pool and wifi connection. After reading some good reviews I decided to call the hotel and explain my situation to make sure I would be able to check in early as I arrived and understand how the transportation worked... They informed that I should call them as I arrived to the airport and they would pick me up. Well..... Everything seemed to be setup until this point.When I arrived I called them, after that 40 minutes went by and nobody arrived.I called them again and I was informed I would be better take a cab and they would reimburse me .... Not really as I expected. After arriving to the hotel I went straight to the front desk and they informed me they could not assure early check-ins, I explained to them my whole situation and that I had called them 2 days before to assure I would have a room ready but the girl at the front desk was strict saying it was not the hotel policy and that nobody could have assured that to me. Well I did not like it very much, but having already paid for the services at this time I had become a hostage of the situation. After discussing in front of other guests and waiting for some time a room was made available. Very nice room though, with an excellent bed, a sofa, table, small kitchen and a very good wifi connection. At the end of the day I was able to take a new transportation back to the airport this time without any issue and embark on the flight. As you could read on my title my experience was not what I expected and I will not stay there again after what I went through but on the other hand I admit the room was pretty good and transportation worked when I needed it for the second time to return to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoaquimFPC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oranjestad, Aruba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. Upon arrival one of our rooms wasent ready, and it was dinner time so the lady at the front desk told us to have dinner and by the time we are done the room wil be also. we had two rooms one king and one room with 2 double beds. The rooms are very CLEAN, the workers, from the front desk to the housekeeping, they were Very FRIENDLY, HELPFULL.. and if you need anything they are there quickly... The breakfast was Good and so was the dinner. The shuttle's are Always On Time.. This hotel is for Relaxation & for families with kids.. Next time i visit miami.. i wil be staying at MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME.... Homewood suites :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Misz_Sharis
Okville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have a great time at this hotel. It is clean, safe, convenient. The kitchen has equipped with utensils. Staff is friendly. The room is spacious and quiet. The breakfast has decent quality. Furniture is in good condition. We enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Richard Haifeng W
New Richmond, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

In a time where every corporate travel dollar is managed, I try to find lower cost accomodations. This particular week, I found an outstanding rate at this property. As my title suggests, I travel 140+ nights per year at Hilton branded properties yet have never stayed at a Homewood Suites to my recollection.

Check in was easy and I found my room very appealing. Being on the road so much, the kitchen made me want to hit a grocery store to avoid a few meals out! The 2 room layout was nice and made staying in the room seem less like living in a bedroom. The bathroom was nice with the sink in a separate area from the tub/toilet. In room extras such as the popcorn were great. Their complimentary toiletries are probably in the bottom of my list for quality/smell sans the mouthwash which is nice to have in the freebie category.

For me, I rank property brands on their beds. I put the Homewood Suites beds at about the middle. On par with a Hampton but way better than the HGI beds. Certainly not as good as the Embassy/Doubletree/Hilton stack. I assume their duvets are washed every stay but being red, they reminded me of old hotel bedspreads. I slept well though! There is an approach for MIA right over this hotel which you can hear in the rooms but it did not disturb me. Others as light sleepers would probably not appreciate it too much.

FOOD: Breakfasts were nice with usual options of cereal, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt and toast. I prefer more consistency and quality from the fruit than was offered. The hot food was variable and ranged from scarmbled eggs and biscuits to 'Little Sizzler' type sausages. Some days, the cooks were creative with the hot foods having empanadas and some kind of corn patty filled with cheese. Hit or miss on that stuff and certainly not healthy. The free dinner was pretty neat. Always an option to make a salad and a hot item. For my stay, I went down and ate the ravioli and the pulled pork. Greasy but tasty - again....not healthy at all. Wine was available at night along with 2 kinds of tap beer. The amazing thing is that having an option of Amber Bock is better than I can get for free at a Delta Skyclub now!

Fitness: Small fitness room but functional. I go to planet fitness down there so avoided any machine conflict here that is probable in the early morning hours. The basketball/sport court is neat outside and I did go out and shoot some hoops. Pool was nice and clean, no hottub at this location which I really do enjoy having.

Parking is ample and it is quick access to and from the Palmetto / 836. If your work has you going north from here, you avoid most of the bad Palmetto traffic in both directions.

The only drawback was the kitchen and housekeeping crew hanging on the parking lot side of the kitchen and smoking up a storm. I watched the dinner host/chef toss his cigarette butt out in the street while standing next to an ashtray. If I was the manager, I'd stop this display immediately. Aside from that, I found this to be a very enjoyable stay and will always look to the Homewood brand for future stays....after checking with TripAdvisor of course.

3 Thank orr333
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice property with friendly and helpful staff. During my previous stay here, Connie at the front desk saved me a lot of trouble when I learned my cell phone charger died near midnight. With a nearly dead battery and having to work early the next morning, she loaned me her personal charger and also recommended where to shop for a replacement the following afternoon. The complimentary evening reception (with a very pleasant host), consistently has a very good entrée selection that is different every time I've been here, great salad bar, beer and wine, making it unnecessary to leave the hotel at night. The breakfast each morning is always consistently good. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well laid out and the beds are very comfortable. Airplane watchers can be entertained with the aircraft on final approach into MIA, lots of folks each night outside taking pictures. You won't hear any of this from inside the hotel, as it's very well soundproofed.

I travel to the area periodically and won't even consider staying anywhere else.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel was nice. The staff was very positive. The pool is open late so you can sit outside at night. They close one of the parking entrances at 10pm, which is a huge pain, as that is how the GPS guides you in.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you have a rental car it is an excellent apartment style hotel to stay at, especially for a family. Excellent free ammenities: Room cleaned daily, wonderful breakfast choices every day and dinners during the week with beer and wine (class act), shuttles to airport and Outlet shopping, pool area with barbeque great. They just need more transport connections for tourists who want to explore Miami without a rental car. Even low flying planes in this airport area was not a negative when compared with the positives. Very impressed with Hilton. I would stay again for sure but want another deal on the room again if I am staying a few nights. With taxes it adds up. I paid $129.00

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family