“Suites you”

Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Miami
“Suites you”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice concept from Hilton group
Rooms are nice, clean and spacious.
Breakfast and dinners, in the deal are below average but no one is looking for gastronomy here.
Gym is below standard.
What people will like is airport proximity and shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fort Washington, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. The people were very friendly. I really liked the airplanes flying over the hotel, the room was almost sound proof. I took some great pictures of the planes overhead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A very welcoming staff that will provide you an excellent hospitable experience. A great value as you get free breakfast and a manager's reception w/ free wine and beer. The rooms are clean and modern. I love this location as you are close to the Palmetto and Dolphin expressway along w/ many restaurants and shopping. The Dolphin and International Mall are fairly close by also.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Everything in the hotel is excellent, very clean rooms, good breakfast, good service. The location is not the best in Doral but the hotel is so good that's just a minor thing.
I Used the fitness room and it has 3 machines in perfect condition.
It offers free dinner from Monday to Thursday but I didn't get a chance to try it.
I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at a few Homewoods and this one, while passable, was not quite at the same experience as the others. I must admit, that my 3 is probably most likely a result of my check in experience. However, the level of customer unfocus exhibited in that process does make other things less enjoyable. My guess is had I not had my check in experience this would have been a 4, but I did and so this result is part of this property's bell curve of experiences.

I arrived at the property at 3:35 and was told my room wasn't ready and that I should check back in 30-60 minutes, which given check in is at 4 PM would have been fine. However, it wasn't that I couldn't check in that bothered me it was the delivery of the message that made it unpalatable. The incredulous look and the snarky 4 PM is check in, as if no one in the history of hotels has tried to check in prior and that this policy made her right (meanwhile, the person on my left checked in to her room while my room was unready). Additionally, when I pointed out that her timetable put her past the "official" check in time, she decided instead of admitting fault that indeed, she was still right because she "said 30 - 60 minutes." I note this story mainly because I have been a traveling consultant for 7 years and in that time have always been offered a room when checking in early, it seems that every other hotel has found a way to accomodate an early arrival while at least one employee (and it sounds like just one, given the helpful comments others have made about the staff) hasn't figured this process out. I guess the additional thing that bothers me is that I chose a Hilton property because I have status with their Hhonors program and while I might expect a chain with which I have no status to stand behind this policy, I would hope that brand loyalty would be treated a little bit more helpfully (even a simple empathy that I had been traveling all day and that this was probably a frustration would have gone a long way).

The rest of the hotel was fine. The breakfast/dinner was standard fare for Homewood, which passes for two of your three needed meals! There was plenty of parking and though the planes fly directly overhead you couldn't hear them when inside the facility. All in, aside from the check in, it was a fine Homewood experience.

2 Thank ILikeCheckingBags
Orlando
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Truly amazing hotel. From the time I checked in to the time I left, it was not one problem I could find with this property. The check in time was less than two minutes and the lady at the front desk was amazingly helpfull and so nice. This hotel offers a complete breakfast and DInner. I know they call it a managers reception, but it is truly a complete dinner. The decor was top notch and the rooms were so clean and spacious and a true suite with kitchen and everything you could possibly ask for. I have stayed in five star propertys before and this Homewood Suites would compare easily with any of them. I will from now on make this property(Homewood Suites) in Miami the only hotel I stay at when I go for business. This hotel was truly "Amazing"!

Room Tip: Room 411 was an awesome room
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This Homewood property coincides with Hilton Garden Inn west of MIA. They offer a free shuttle service to/from MIA and for a small fee with take you to the Port of Miami to catch your cruise ship while letting you park your car for free. The King suites are tastefully decorated, comfortable and are insulated better than average against airplane noise. All the amenities are there, TV, WiFi, soaps etc. Buffet style breakfast is very good with several choices. No request is too small for the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple