“Better Speak Spanish” 3 of 5 stars

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Ranked #8 of 121 Hotels in Miami
“Better Speak Spanish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although this was an OK property with quiet and acceptable rooms, our experience wasn't great. We arrived very late and the night clerk barely spoke English. Took 4 calls from the airport to get picked up. The last call she asked if we were staying there (no I was just bored so I went to the airport so I could call you 4 times to ride your shuttle). The shuttle driver spoke no English.

The van they were using said Hilton on it and in small letters it had Homewood. Would have been nice if the clerk told us to look for a silver van with Hilton on the side of it but her English was so bad that I guess it would have been to much of an effort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We traveled to miami for a familiy vacation,spent a week on Homewood, as it was recommended from travel agent, the staff are very helpful and friendly on the reception, queen beds are the best that I´ve ever found in a hotel, really had a nice sleep over the night after a hard day visiting miami and Ft. Laudaderdale malls; breakfast is included, also snacks for dinner from 5pm to 7pm, I can´t tell how the snacks were because we return to the hotel after 11pm at night. Regular and Decaf Cofee in the room, great place to rest dayli if you are going to do shopping o go around miami and ft. lauderdale or plantation, around the hotel you can find gas station, atms, food places, even the hotel is near the miami international airport, airplanes doesn´t eve sound loud, so, don´t worry if you are going to hear any airplane noises, because you wont.
At the lounge you can have free cofee all day, that really nice.
Rooms are very clean and spacious

Room Tip: Ask for queen beds, are the best, soft, confortable and of course nices pillows to have a great rest...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PedroLBernal
lancashire england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

stayed here for 2 nights whilst waiting to go on a cruise. clean spacious rooms and very helpful and friendly staff on reception, we had booked the wrong sized room but they moved us straight away with no fuss. breakfast was fine and it was free with coffee and hot chocolate available all day. would not hesitate to stay here again. no noise from the planes flying close by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kezjen
Ellenwood, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here during the Thanksgiving Holidays. Room was clean, bed was super great, nice accommodations. The breakfast in the morning wasn't the best. I've had better at other Homewood Suites locations. Shuttle to the mall for Black Friday was good, I didn't have to worry about parking. Only problem was the credit card system. All of my credit cards declined. After swiping a few other customers, they realized that the system was down. I paid cash when I checked out. Problem now is that I have holds on each card that was swiped which takes about 5-7 days to drop off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

As a frequent Hhonors customer, I've stayed in several Homewood Suites but this one is the one that tops mediocrity. For starters: small room, single elevator, lowsy service and the worst breakfast of all. Forget about the waffles or pancakes, not even orange juice! Compared with the other two Homewood Suites we used on this family vacation, this one stinks. To get an idea of how unclean this hotel was, people could not use the baby high seat in the dining room because it was full of ants and there was no one around to clean it up.

Foreign visitors use this hotel mostly for shopping since (on the bright side) it provides shuttles to and from Dolphin Mall and Sawgrass Mills. Other than that, I could not find any other reason to return to this hotel which is a disgrace to the Hilton family of fine hotels.

Room Tip: If you need a bigger room, make sure to reserve the corner rooms because all standard rooms are smal...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank estusal
Adriana V, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience. It is important for me to know how you feel, and what you think of the Homewood Suites, Miami Airport West. I was very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced during your stay at the hotel and that we were not able to meet your expectations. It is my goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to me.

The feedback I receive from a valued guest like you enables me to target problems areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I went ahead and address all the issues you encounter with the respective department and department heads; I can guarantee you that the level of service we will offer to our guest will always be the best. I personally had looked into all the things you had said and whatever needs to be corrected will be taken care immediately. We pride ourselves on the service and accommodations we offer and each team member works hard to make sure every guest is extremely satisfied and that always will be our goal.
Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with and giving us the opportunity to learn and get better. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we are really looking forward for another opportunity to serve you in our hotel and offer you an excellent hotel experience. If you should ever need anything do not hesitate to contact me, and I will do my best to make your next stay a perfect stay.

Adriana Vellojin
Director of Operations
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport West
3590 NW 74Th Ave, Miami Fl 33122
P: 305-629-7831 Ext 6003 F: 305-418-1983
Satellite Beach,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checked in late on Saturday night after NASCAR race in Homestead, as soon as we got out of my truck a jet flew over it was loud and my wife and I just looked at each other. Checked in, lady at the front desk was very nice and friendly. Had a rooom on the top floor and had expected a long night of aircraft noise but looked out the window could see them flying by BUT NO NOISE. Had a real good night sleep. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BMTSatelliteBeach_Fl
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this property during a recent business trip and was very pleased to find an upgraded room being held for me. The upgraded room boasted two bedrooms each with a bathroom, a small living room area, and of course a kitchen. Unfortunately I was only there one night because the room set up would have been nice for a much longer stay. The room was clean from one end to the other and everything worked as designed. The front desk staff was outstanding, always smiling and willing to offer assistance as needed. The only drawback of the place was trying to find the entrance. Maybe I missed it, but there was no signage near the main road. The hotel sits back off of the road and I missed the access road not once but twice. A little signage would be helpful. I was also disappointed with the limited breakfast selection. I've stayed at many Homewood Suites and this property did not compare in the breakfast department. Overall, my stay was quite good. If in the area again, I will make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business