“Bring ear plugs if you plan to stay on the sofabed”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Ranked #12 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here two nights, both layovers to Central America. The rooms are clean, modern, well kept. The king bed has nice bedding and is soft. Always nice to have a kitchenette and the little things like cookies or popcorn and bottled water and a great touch! Didn't get to enjoy the welcome dinner since we were there on a weekend. Breakfast was fine, not great. I slept on the sofa bed, which, was as hard and uncomfortable as I feared. And, the AC unit is right next to it for the suite, so, it was very loud. I had ear plugs the second night and therefore slept much sounder. I bet my parents would have rated this 5 stars (since they got to sleep in the bed!). The second night there they did give us a ride to a local restaurant since the driver was free. We greatly appreciated it. Shuttle to airport in the AM was prompt and picking us up was pretty quick too. But, do know they want to pick you up at departures and not arrivals, which, was kinda hectic to get back upstairs with all the luggage. I called for the shuttle, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank emilyjoy

Reviewed July 16, 2011

This hotel has bed bugs. We have over 100 bites. The manager was not very helpful. If you are planning on staying there check the mattress. We plan to call Health Dept. on Monday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank patty42180
JESTRADA3590, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. After receiving your concern we immediately had the room inspected by Ecolab and can confirm that there was no insect activity found in your room. The report from Ecolab is available to view at your request. Again I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and if I may assist you further, please let me know.

Regards,

Jenny R. Estrada
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Clean,quiet,nice hotel.Close to Miami International Airport.Fresh linen,spacious rooms.But the area is awful.Industries around the hotel,no near convenience stores .
The back entrance closes at 5 pm due security(no previous warning for the guests!!!).
Next time I`d stay in Blue Lagoon(East Side).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The Hotel is clean, great service and good breakfast.

It is just outside of Doral but in a safe area, next to a Hilton Garden. Miami is not a cheap city but I believe Homewood Suites Airport West is one of the best options out there.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood with my husband two kids. For exactly 7 weeks Parking and breakfasts was free. It had a kitchen which is good when you have young kids and cant eat out all the time with a large fridge cooker toaster all in good working condition although the one of the cooker plates broke several times they were quick in sending someone to repair it. The reception staff were really friendly my kids love the place! The cleaners were sometimes not so thorough but when you talk to them they do better .

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We spent one night here travelling home from Miami. The room (rooms really since it was a suite) was new and nicely appointed. Originally we planned to stay at the Hilton at the Airport. But, after reading all of the negative reviews about that hotel, we were very pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Have stayed at this property several times and each time it seems to improve. They are always right there for me. The food is surprisingly good and the accomodations are great.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business