“Perfect little motel by the Beach...”
Review of Gulf View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Gulf View Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a weekend trip to Mexico Beach, FL and we had the pleasure of staying at the Gulf View Motel on Hwy 98. We arrived at dusk on Friday evening and the owner's son greeted us. It was exactly as we had expected..as I had done research on the motel last year. It had a full size fridge, a small oven and stove, everything one would need for a chillaxing weekend in Mexico Beach. I can't forget to mention the two wonderfully comfortable recliners that they had in the living room area as well.

We were in room #1, facing the Gulf of Mexico and it was perfect. Saturday evening we met some really great people who were staying there as well...

Our room was just within very close proximity to the Beach. You can't beat the value for the accommodations that we were given.

It's a very comfortable inviting place to hang out while visiting Mexico Beach! I would highly recommend it to anyone if you don't need all the fancy things that come along with the overpriced chain hotels!

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank Laurie M

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The guy just isn't a (people)person.Not friendly,don't seem to want to be bothered. Just checking us in seemed to be an aggravation for him.His sister was nice though.Kept apologizing for her brothers crappy attitude.I'd already heard about him from a coupla other families that have stayed there before.So,I was kinda ready for him.I'll be darned if I'll be treated disrespecfully by a jerk who obviously didnt want to be there.If you don't want to be bothered with customers & if it kills you to even crack a smile,here's a little advice for ya buddy,HIRE A FRIENDLY DESK CLERK! People work hard,they look forward to getting away. Don't let their 1st impression of Mexico Beach be some jerk who doesn't appreciate their business...Just sayin'...

• Stayed: March 2013
19  Thank proceedslowly
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in approximately 430 pm. The staff was kind. I asked specifically if our room was pet/smoke free. He said even though that is there policy, people sneak it in the rooms anyways. I said ok. Well, upon entering our room, it smelled like a chimney! We had no choice to stay because all of the other hotels/motels had no vacancy. We blasted the A/C and turned the ceiling fan on high to help w/ air circulation but all in all after being in the room, my mouth tasted like I had been smoking! Oh, did I forget to mention that supposedly being a non smoking room, there was an ash try on the little table!!!!! People don't sneak smoking in the rooms--with an ash tray provided, they are invited to smoke in their room.
Also the towels had a not so fresh smell to them. Thank goodness we had our beach towels to dry off with as well.
If smoke does not bother you, you will be fine..otherwise I recommend finding a different place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank TAPONTE
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just spent 2 nights in the Gulf View Motel. The owners were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself reminded me of a hotel from the 70's back in Maine. Mexico Beach actually struck me that way. Never moved out of the 60's/70's, which was exactly what we were looking for. The room was clean and had everything we needed, with the exception of WiFi, for my wife, which once again 70's like. She put her laptop away and enjoyed the weekend. The total cost was $156.00 for 2 nights. The cleaning women, who only cleans the room when you check out, was very nice. If you're looking for extras, fast moving, and all the glitz then stay away from Mexico Beach and this Hotel. If you're looking for peace and quiet, clean, helpful, and pleasant then you should try here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KipKat1125
Reviewed June 28, 2012

* note: there were 4 of us in a 2-bed room, staying 2 nights*.....Upon arrival, the staff was watching t.v. He did not smile or greet back. They were very short and rude with us. Made us feel like an aggravation! They then stood out side our room staring, watched us unload our bags into the room. We felt this was strange!.....Now, At first, we thought this hotel was going to be fine. It was suitable and had Everything we needed, and at a good price!..However, I quickly noticed it was Very dusty & dirty. within no time, I was sneezing & congested. My feet were literally black from walking on the floor!.Through the day, we caught staff walking by our room continuously, & looking in!...Half the time, We staying on the porch. Staff walked by, making rude comments several times. Once A staff, on an electronic w/c, came rolling down and yelled "move" at my husband, who was sitting in a chair, completely out of the way! Another time, after being on the beach, we were wiping our feet before entering the room. The staff came up and said "you better sweep this porch" My husband said "excuse me?" They said "You got sand on the porch, so sweep it". We were dumbfounded! We didn't even reply back! and yet, I swept it! The next morning, they told my husband he had to pay more money & we HAD to move, into a bigger room with a stove, & pay the extra $. My husband refused, so they told us we would have to leave, and they would keep our money for the rest of the stay! My husband got into a debate with them & they called the law. We couldn't wait to tell the authorities everything. When they arrived, The staff straight up lied & then made up a story! They told the authorities We had people parking across the street, & staying in our room. We were so shocked. I have never been so angry and embarrassed!! I had to walk away, to my car. I let my husband finish talking with the cops. because people were starting to gather around. I was way to embarrassed, to have people watching us, being accused of something, We had NOT done! We were only able to receive part of our money back!! I am still at a loss for words!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
28  Thank NThomason
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is an older hotel with the basics. The owner was very friendly and quickly got us checked in. We had room number 9 upstairs and in the back. It was farther from the road, so quiet, but it is one of the few rooms not facing the Gulf. Our room was dated but everything was very clean. It had a fridge and a microwave and an older TV. However, with the location you aren't going to spend much time in your room. This place is for those that want a reasonably priced room in a location where you are going to be out and about doing stuff. Gulf View is exactly that. We would definitely go again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank FJOP
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We left Panama City Beach, Fl and decided to check out Mexico Beach, Fl. All the hotels and inns range from $120-$149 and not worth it. This motel is in between the high priced hotels and is the best kept secret. It nice, clean, cozy with microwave & refrigerator with great customer service for $55.00. I love this place and would definitely recommend it and come again. It is also located directly across the street from Mexico Beach. This is a beautiful little town near Panama City Beach and Port St Joe's. Great getaway!

• Stayed: April 2012
#1 of 31 in Panama City
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#12 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Gulf View Motel? Share your experiences!