“Simple accommodations with a great view!”
Review of Buena Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Buena Vista Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We had a wonderful time, the beach is right out the door. Staff was great and new management is making improvements and it's a work in progress. The rooms need shelves, lighting, mirrors and a place for luggage but, this would not stop us from returning for another round.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank womaninthemoon

Reviewed May 28, 2009

we just came home from mexico beach fla and had the time of our life! we stayed at the buena vista motel and the new management was so great. we have been there before and love it is on the forgotten beach, but the service wasn't great. for the money you can't find a better place! i hated to leave and will be back! thank you for a wonderful honeymoon place and your kindness!!!!!

1  Thank freedove911
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We were hesitant due to prior reviews yet we gave it a chance and were extremely thrilled with our service, our room, and our overall stay. The motel was small and very family oriented. This motel has an amazing view of the ocean then you walk off of the balcony and you are on the beach. The room was small and cozy, yet plenty of room for a family. The saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" really fits this place because everything was absolutely amazing. Our family was very, very satisfied with our stay and service! If you give this motel a bad rating you dont need to go and stay directly in a "waterfront motel". Please give them a chance and dont knock it until you try it!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank shua30
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Had arranged for late arrival- key was on the table, as promised. Key would not lock door from outside- so had sandwiches from convenience store across street night of arrival. New lock installed the following morning. Shower rod fell off wall when opened/closed, no elect plug in bath, bath ceiling is science experiment gone amuck- green stuff growing, shower head installed for "the wee people" I suppose- I am 5'8" and the shower head was at shoulder height, baseboards had been removed, no phone, bath window held shut by wood board. (Did I mention that the location is GREAT!) I specifically asked, when I made the reservtions if the rooms were being kept maintained and updated. Was told that they were. Wrong. I understand that the owner may have health problems, and I am sorry. However- I do not feel that we got what we paid for. It, with the great location, could be a very lovely place IF, and only IF, it were maintained properly. Did we get what we paid for? No. Would we go back? No. Could we, in good faith, recommend it to our friends? No. To our enemies? Let me think on that one...... (Did I mention the GREAT location?)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank IrritatedinKY
Reviewed June 16, 2008

If you want to view the ocean and have it rigt outside your door, this is the place for you we were there for 5 days and loved the beach and the people, other than that the hotel itself is not great has not been kept up. no clean towels, no beds changed, actually we asked for clean sheets on our 3rd day and were told we had to go unmake the bed, bring them the sheets and they would give us clean ones that we had to put on ourselves. there was a hole at the botom of a door that we blocked up with a towel most important, the wiring scared us to death as it flickered or went out alot. the rooms are not set up for more than 3 people(very very tiny)
we will go back to mexico beach but will never stay there again. for the price per night, you should not have to claen your own room or worry about creatures coming in

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sammy11Atlanta
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband and I wanted an ocean view and not to pay,so much,it was a good price,the ocean view was great,the room needed a good cleaning, and the door at the bottom needed to be repaired,

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank otismimi
Reviewed October 3, 2007

My son called from Kuwait and was his on his way home from the war and so i had less than a week to book a stay and look for a place.

I got in touch with this place, and Lisa has been very good to us. She was able to let us book that short notice, with SPRING break happening, and made sure i had a room i could listen to the waves as that is my favorite thing. And we were not very far from toucans resturant. Where there is a bar and live music, as well as kerakoe?, and volleyball nets for people to play.

I was raised on a lake with a cabin my dad built with my uncles from the ground up, took a lot of years, we camped out and built till it was done. Mom took cast off everything to furnish it, and we use to have the greatest times there with the family, nothing fancy but it met our needs. This so much reminded me of the lake, and our so called roughing it....lol. My friend and i gave my son a lot of time to decompress and went and visited her grandma, uncle and aunt. And we went and explored the state park, saw a moma deer and her little one, just off the side of the road grazing. We ate at coneheads that day as we went into the st. joe state park over there, and really saw alot of birdlife as well. I adore this place. We found two light houses such as they were, and we also just drove and looked, stoped at parks along the way and just had a great time.

I would highly recommend it for people that want to get back to the basics, and dont have to be pampered. When we did have a problem we had their phone number to get in touch with them, and they came back and helped us. I dont expect someone to take my trash out when the garbage thing is marked where to put it, nor do i expect ice for the rates i have, there is a market across the street to use for that. And there are some people that stay there that are working in the construction field, and a few snow birds it seems with their dogs. Yes they are pet friendly.

My friends and i are going back for our christmas present this year, and we are all paying for a night to enjoy the beach and to just get away from it all....after all, wasnt that what a vacation use to be? Esp. when i grew up with tons of relatives at the lake cabin, the rook games, the table games, the grill outs, thats what a vacation was to me.

My son just got a palce a few miles from there, i will be seeing alot of this beach as he works down there in the future. And when i have more than he can handle going with me, i shall always stay with Lisa! Would not think of staying anywhere else.

Sometimes being nice and friendly still do count to some of us!

Stayed: March 2007
15 mi away
Best Western Apalach Inn
Best Western Apalach Inn
#1 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Buena Vista Motel? Share your experiences!