“It`sOkay”
Review of Buena Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Buena Vista Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
Alabama
“It`sOkay”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband and I wanted an ocean view and not to pay,so much,it was a good price,the ocean view was great,the room needed a good cleaning, and the door at the bottom needed to be repaired,

• Liked — ocean view
  • Disliked — cleaniness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank otismimi

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sylacauga, AL
Reviewed October 3, 2007

My son called from Kuwait and was his on his way home from the war and so i had less than a week to book a stay and look for a place.

I got in touch with this place, and Lisa has been very good to us. She was able to let us book that short notice, with SPRING break happening, and made sure i had a room i could listen to the waves as that is my favorite thing. And we were not very far from toucans resturant. Where there is a bar and live music, as well as kerakoe?, and volleyball nets for people to play.

I was raised on a lake with a cabin my dad built with my uncles from the ground up, took a lot of years, we camped out and built till it was done. Mom took cast off everything to furnish it, and we use to have the greatest times there with the family, nothing fancy but it met our needs. This so much reminded me of the lake, and our so called roughing it....lol. My friend and i gave my son a lot of time to decompress and went and visited her grandma, uncle and aunt. And we went and explored the state park, saw a moma deer and her little one, just off the side of the road grazing. We ate at coneheads that day as we went into the st. joe state park over there, and really saw alot of birdlife as well. I adore this place. We found two light houses such as they were, and we also just drove and looked, stoped at parks along the way and just had a great time.

I would highly recommend it for people that want to get back to the basics, and dont have to be pampered. When we did have a problem we had their phone number to get in touch with them, and they came back and helped us. I dont expect someone to take my trash out when the garbage thing is marked where to put it, nor do i expect ice for the rates i have, there is a market across the street to use for that. And there are some people that stay there that are working in the construction field, and a few snow birds it seems with their dogs. Yes they are pet friendly.

My friends and i are going back for our christmas present this year, and we are all paying for a night to enjoy the beach and to just get away from it all....after all, wasnt that what a vacation use to be? Esp. when i grew up with tons of relatives at the lake cabin, the rook games, the table games, the grill outs, thats what a vacation was to me.

My son just got a palce a few miles from there, i will be seeing alot of this beach as he works down there in the future. And when i have more than he can handle going with me, i shall always stay with Lisa! Would not think of staying anywhere else.

Sometimes being nice and friendly still do count to some of us!

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank armymomSylacauga
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Don't be fooled by their website. It's right on the beach, but the rooms are really bad: shabby, badly arranged furniture, poor lighting, no bathroom fan or outlet, no dresser to store clothes.
During a three-day, two-night stay, no clean towels, no ice, and trash not emptied.
See my photos for the 8-10" space to squeeze into the bathroom and only 3 tiny lamps to light the whole space.
The grounds around the motel are very littered with trash and cigarette butts, which is your first clue to poor maintenance.
There are a couple of better motels in Mexico Beach: El Governor and Driftwood, and plenty of rentals for longer stays. We had a dog along and didn't have an alternative.

• Liked — It's right on a beautiful beach with shops and restaurants in walking distance.
  • Disliked — Dark, dingy, uncomfortable
  • Stayed July 2007
2 Thank BethFL
gainesville georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2007

My wife and I had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at Buena Vista Motel in Mexico Beach,Fla. We were made to feel very welcome . The management was very friendly and being a Pet Friendly motel allowed us to take our dog with us on vacation. We enjoyed our stay very much, and plan on a return trip.

• Stayed June 2007
Eufaula, AL
Reviewed September 22, 2006

My stay at Buena Vista was wonderful. The employees were all very friendly. The room was very nice with an amazing beach view. I'm planning on staying there again very soon.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank annapugh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2005

This was my 4th trip to the area. The other three I stayed at Cape San Blas at the Old Saltworks Cabins (highly recommend them too). This time, I wanted an ocean view and to be close to resturants. While staying in Cape San Blas, we always went in to town to go to Toucan's for dinner. I wanted to be closer to town this time (very unlike me).

I found hotels listed on mexicobeach. Normally when going to the beach, I try to find a house or cabin to stay in. Since we only had two nights to play, a motel seemed to be all we needed.

I called the Buena Vista Motel. The owner Dave talked to me about the area, told me what to expect New Year's Eve and gave me a price. We paid about $140 for two nights on the beach on a holiday weekend! The motel only has 6 rooms. As far as I could tell, 4 of the six had excellent ocean views. It is very small and sandwiched between two condo rental places.

We stayed in room number 5. It was just right for what we paid and what we wanted. We were not there for luxury, just the beach. The room was not top rate, but the view was and that is what I needed. If you are a picky person and want everything to be perfect, this is not the place for you. If you are going just to get away and don't require luxury, this is great. I think it would be a good place for fishing buddies and party goers to have a bed to crash in. And the view! Wow! Just steps from the beach. We had a fridge in the room (bonus) and the air/heat worked very well. There was a rack to hang our beach stuff on. The room was very old and probably had not been redone since the 80's and could stand some plumbing updates. We are easy to please. if you are not, pay more and go somewhere else.

Mexico Beach is unique because it is in two time zones. The city provides a shuttle bus on New Year's Eve to take party goers from Toucan's to the Wander Bar, just a couple of miles down the road. You can celebrate New Year's twice! We started drinking too early and by the time midnight hit, we were tapped out and coming down to crash (getting old and all) but next year, we won't sit on the beach drinking beer all day! We'll wait until late in the evening so we can celebrate twice.

The owner was pleasant. We got there several hours before we planned. I told him we would arrive at 8am Friday morning and we actually got there just before 5am. We noticed someone in the office, but didn't want to disturb them, so we slept in our car until the sun starting coming up then went to the beach to watch the sky change. Dave stuck his head out the door about 6am and told us to come on in. Most place won't do that. My husband had a chat with him on the deck and he allowed us to check out late. I'm sure had it been a busier time of year this would not have been the case, but some owners stick to their rules no matter the time of year.

We had a great trip and plan to stay there again the next time we only go down for a couple of days.

I love to talk about travel, feel free to contact me dawnia@beelers.org. I can email pics of our trip.

46 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Red Roof Inn Panama City
Red Roof Inn Panama City
#3 of 31 in Panama City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall

Been to Buena Vista Motel? Share your experiences!