Buena Vista Motel
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
$105
Travelocity
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
$109
MainStaySuites
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$178
ComfortSuites
$110
$127
TripAdvisor
$110
  • Free Internet
El Governor Motel(Mexico Beach)
Beacon Hill Lodge(Port Saint Joe)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetwalking distanceplace to staykiller seafoodbeautiful beachrooms are cleantoucanspet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at two places in Mexico City. I would not stay here unless the other three hotels were sold out. Sheets were worn so thin they were scratchy. Bathroom small and everything very dated. Lock broken on room door. Service was good and location is excellent is the only reason for three star rating.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank zktraveler
Reviewed February 11, 2012

If their was ever a quaint little place to be, folks, this is it. The people here are fantastic. I had been told by a really good friend that if I ever visited Mexico Beach, this was the place to stay. I am so thankful that I did just that. The management treated me like I was family and royalty at the same time. I highly recommend this place to any and everyone that wishes to be treated the best ever. There's no dealing with mounds of people, the service was the best I've had in years.

Room Tip: In this case, any room you receive is a good room. No pictures just yet, but will post at a later date.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had a great time @ the Buena Vista Motel ... I would tell anyone to come n stay there n the people were great to me n the rooms were clean to ...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori B
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just got back from a four day stay at the Buena Vista. Could not have been better. Mike, the guy who runs the place, was very friendly and told me what choices I had for entertainment in Mexico Beach in the winter. It turns out I needed go no further than the beach. The rooms are clean and if you can deal with getting your own towels from the office, you will have a relaxing vacation. Maybe you will find Mike doing some Bar-B-Que on the grill down in the "Tiki Bar". If the coals are hot you can join the fun and you might even hear some music.
When I checked in I had a stress level of about 110%. When I checked out it was down to about 5% and that's cause I had to leave. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Try to get room #5, it is upstairs and has a GREAT view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Keith R
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a small motel (6 rooms) right on the beach. We were in #5, upstairs and beach side. Great panaramic views of the beach from a wrap around wooden balcony. Room was plain but clean with 2 full size beds, TV, dining table & chairs, kitchenette consisting of sink, microwave and coffee pot, but not stocked for cooking. NO telephone, clock, blow dryer or bath essentials. Mattresses were managable, internet mostly did not work but we were able to connect occasionally to other nearby unsecured networks.

Did see cockroaches in the kitchen and bath areas, so makes me question the maintenance & upkeep of the building overall. The areas under and around the building were rather unkempt and in need of spiffing up some. The parking was very limited. So my rating for this area would be "poor" at the very most. Of course, we were there in January and this was the off season.

Mike the owner is a bachelor and a jolly, laid back sort. He was very helpful with recommendations and directions, but seemed to be MIA alot the few times we had requests for towels etc. Again...it was the off season.

Gulf Foods, the local grocery store is right across the street and very well stocked with all food items, essentials and a gift shop. Killer Seafood across and down the highway 1/2 block (although they were closed while we were there). Toucan's is a one block walk down the beach. All area restaurants, shops, businesses and bars are within a couple of miles.

All in all, we had a great stay. Would recommend Buena Vista Motel if you want "no frills" and pretty much "self serve". FYI, we paid $75 per night in January very reasonable for the fantastic view and location.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a beach side room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple