“Get there early”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Mexico Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Local Seafood "Dive" Restaurant. Hailed by Coastal Living Magazine as one of the top 50 Seafood dives on America. Fresh local seafood done right!
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a top rated restaurant in Mexico Beach. The food is great and the prices are more reasonable than some of the other area restaurants. I had the Killer Bread bowl and my wife had the tuna tacos. Both were super-yummy. I'd definitely go there again but this time I'd get there at 4:30 for their 5pm opening.

1  Thank mmwatt930

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I typically don't enjoy seafood, but the Killer Shrimp meal I ate here was delicious. It was a great balance of spices. Kevin, one of the owners (I think), told me it's spicy and they gave me a sample to try (since I'm not typically a fan of spicy food, either). But it's not spicy on first taste. Once I ordered and had about 5 mouthfuls, it caught up with me. I drank a lot of sweet tea! Our server, Katlyn (sp?), was great with keeping up with the refills. The food was too good to stop eating, though. I ended up eating way too much :). The only complaint I have is that it's a bit warm in the dining area. Combined with the spiciness of my food, I was sweating and wishing for a fan. It's a bit pricey, too. However, I got a lot of food and it was amazing. Definitely worth it :).

1  Thank angelborn6
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food was on par with fast food seafood...but way more expensive. Portions were small. Only one high chair for the restaurant. Hostess was friendly, waitstaff needs some training. I'd strongly suggest trying somewhere else.

4  Thank kgkyzer
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't wait to get there! I'm addicted to their fish tacos. But you gotta get there early. The shrimp eaters in our group loved the grilled and fried shrimp. Lightly breaded, large shrimp. The food is always good. The service is "meh". They argued with my daughter while ordering about whether she said 1 grilled, 1 fried. Really??
But we'll go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Killer Seafood is a must stop place when in Mexico Beach. It is well worth the wait. We were number 9 at opening, but the staff got us in as quickly as possible and were very nice. Waiting is not for everyone especially those with little patience, but the food is outstanding!! The Killer shrimp bowl is outstanding. Make sure to get the Grouper. The best I have ever eaten.