“Great Italian Food & Service”

Alfredo Paradiso Incorporated
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in Merritt Island
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Although this Sicilian / Italian family owned and operated restaurant is hard to spot back in a strip mall just off Courtney Parkway, it is well worth looking for if you like authentic dishes for a moderate price. They do a nice job making the space feel like it is not in a mall-type setting, and there is an Italian restaurant atmosphere.

I went in tonight with my daughter for a quick dinner. Her penne arribiata was good, and she liked the sauce more than most. She also had an interesting chilled pear desert in wine sauce, with dollops of cream. I tasted it, and we both liked it. My spaghetti was in their excellent house marinara sauce, and done ala dente as requested. I also had the pasta fagiole soup as an appetizer, but would only rate is as good, not great.

Finally, our server, Nic, was really good. He was well informed, explained the specific specials clearly and convincingly (lamb shank and a nice sounding pork dish). He also went out of his way to accommodate a few requests I had that were unusual, and I appreciated that.

Dinner was served quickly, service was excellent, prices were moderate, everything we tried was good or great, and we will be back.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Remarkable restaurant with food that looks and smells and tastes more like Italy than almost any American attempt at a trattoria. The lunch sandwiches are why Americans return from Rome hungering for "real" panini. The friendly chef bakes not only pizzas but also breads and rolls in his ovens. The lasagna is better than I can make it from scratch using Marcella Hazan's recipes. There is a spectacularly tasty dish of cauliflower sauced with raisins and pine nuts. And last night I had saltimbocca, which literally leaped into my mouth and had me scraping the sauce from the platter to enjoy every last drop. The (very) tall waiter was excellent--informative and funny but also self-effacing. Even the inexpensive California chianti tastes perfect. Don't miss this place--you may need GPS or Mapquest to make sure you turn into the correct strip mall.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ate there for the third time last night. It has been delicious all three times. We had the Chicken Mediterraneo for two. The antipasti and main dish were both wonderful. The service has always been great, and the prices are reasonable. This will be a regular for us.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Osso Bucco is worth trying. There are always interesting specials on the board. We have eaten there a number of times and always enjoy the food.

1  Thank MITAAF
Reviewed April 2, 2012

You want a real italian husband and wife cooking, then this is the place. Great service and food.