“Sensational Chicken Wings”

Frankie's Wings & Things
Ranked #47 of 149 Restaurants in Merritt Island
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was told that Frankie's Wings was located in Cocoa Beach now and I just had to try it. I haven't had Frankie's wings since the early 1990's when the restaurant was located in Cape Canaveral. It is amazing to me that the chicken wings are just as sensational as they were then. I miss the ambiance of the Cape restaurant; however, at least the restaurant in Cocoa has the same awesome tasting wings. The owner's granddaughter told me that it is the same hot wing recipe that her grandfather used to cook decades ago. Sorry to hear that he passed away; my late condolences to the family. The granddaughter also told me that a relative of hers also owns another Frankie's wings which is located in Melbourne. If you are craving hot chicken wings there are no better tasting wings than Frankie's wings!

1  Thank Katie8200

Reviewed May 8, 2013

First of all the current address (May 2013) for Frankie;s is 325 S. Merritt Island Causway, Merritt Island Florida. The Sykes Creek is a residential area and not the location of the business.

I visited their current Merritt Island location on April 29, 2013. I have been an ardent fan of Frankie's wings since my first visit to the old Port Canaverial location in the 80's. As always the wings ("Call the Medic" hot level) were excellent. The home baked potato chips were also outstanding. I met Frankie's daughter, Ellen, who has maintained her dad's traditional brand of excellence. She said they will be moving to CoCoa Beach in June, 2013. I wish them the best of luck and continued success.

If you are looking for the pedestrian chain type wing joints that seem to be popping up in every town, this is not the place for you. If you want to get local and enjoy excellent "get er done" wings and other things than by all means try Frankies.

The new address is: 281 Cocoa Beach Causway, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

1  Thank hiwayhowie
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I drove out from Orlando when I was in town for a conference. I really, really enjoyed eating the wings (love that tangy wing sauce--second to none) and had some awesome fried dill pickles and home made potato chips. I can't wait to go back. Almost worth flying from California to Florida JUST to visit Frankies. This isn't a fancy joint, but we had good service and very good food.

1  Thank The4Monkeys
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place has a layer of yuck all over everything near the bar area. It almost looks like it came from cigarettes. Simply nasty.This place has a layer of yuck all over everything near the bar area. It almost looks like it came from cigarets. Simply nasty.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Large take-out order, prices good. We caught them at dinner rush and it took some time to get order together but it was worth it. Definitely try the chicken coop!