“Good First Time Experience”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ok so I travel to the Orlando area a lot and I had always heard of their radio commercials and really wanted to give it a try and they opened one up on the Island which is so close by! So I went on a Tuesday night around 9 and it wasn't busy at all. Service was prompt and my waiter Jimmy was really helpful and had some good recommendations. I had one of the specials that night, it was a small sirloin and grilled shrimp and scallops and I got the garlic mashed potatoes. Wow. They had quite a quick, nothing compared to other chain restaurants' garlic mashed. The veggies on the side were also good, zucchini and tomatoes I think. They had parmesan cheese on them and that was a nice flavor. I picked the pan asian sauce and it was really yummy. It's like a teriyaki. To drink I had a thai iced tea which had cinnamon in it and a Hawaiian martini which must have been well blended because at first I was a little disappointed with how much alcohol I didn't taste until 30 minutes into my meal and I definitely felt it. But it was definitely yummy regardless. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank DamaGodiva

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Less budget-minded than Red Lobster, this restaurant sits in the former Uno location, adjacent to TGIF and Outback. Bonefish Grill is indeed an excellent addition; Red Lobster does provide more bang (&, food) for the buck, but Bonefish Grill keeps up the competition with interesting menu options.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Had steak and scallops it's was amazing! My boyfriend had a tilapia sandwich which he loved.. Food was awesome, no complaints about service.. Manager Mr. Miller came out spoke to us asked how our dinner was .. Gave me an additional sauce for the scallops that he recommended .. Overall great dinning experience!

1  Thank Coolbeans02
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 20 and called the day before to make reservations. They were very accommodating. We were say immediately upon arrival. All of the food was fantastic but the bang bang shrimp was the highlight of the night. Crispy, creamy and a must eat dish if you visit. The only issues was two serves were working the table and they didn't work very well together. Food arrived at different times but not with much delay. Don't get the Caesar salad. It's not up to par. Stick with the house salad. Mango salsa for fish was a better option than lemon butter. And try an espresso martini if you can handle tasting more espresso than alcohol. Overall a great meal and a wonderful first visit. We will be back. Bang bang!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

So many of us would prefer to eat at a "locally owned" spot. The food is always better...but not in this case. Our whole experience felt like it was designed by someone who has our taste. Walk in and we immediately felt good. Why? The lighting was perfect, the acoustics (I have hearing issues) were great. We were greeted nicely. The bar scene looked attractive. Lot's of 4 top high tables to drink and/or nosh at. We had a reservation...we waited about 10 minutes. The place was running at 95% capacity. We were seated in a booth (much better from a sound point of view). Each seating area has one simple light directed at the table. All of the other lighting is subtle and creates a special ambiance. Artful.

Our server (Jade) was sweet and efficient. She knew her stuff. And when there was an error on a drink order, it was corrected with grace. Her really friendly demeanor was a delight.

The food:

Famous "Bang Bang" shrimp. OK. Very nice sauce over crunchy coating. But as with most places today, the shrimp had little flavor. I'm sure it came from far, far away. Don't read about how these little guys are raised. Note to chef: ask the boss if you could sub for "Canaveral Whites". They really are some of the best in the world...and you can get them right here. Of course, you would have to charge more. It would be worth it.

Hot pull apart bread with a pesto calamata oil; Outstanding!

Rainbow trout: excellent
Chilean Sea Bass: mouthwateringly marvelous
Ahi Tuna: very nice

Garbanzo veggie side: brilliant (and a bit bold for a chain)
Jasmine Rice: perfect
Potatoes au gratin: excellent

Wine and Beer offerings: amazing for a chain! Bear Boat Pinot? really?
And...organic vodka martini (for less then $7 ???) Go here just for the drinks!

So: I rarely rate places a "5". I do so here because I am comparing it to other chains and local seafood restaurants in Florida. If you are tired of eating an endless parade of fried fish and want a high quality seafood experience, try Bonefish Grill.

Total bill for 3 people with 4 drinks, 1 appie, 3 entrees = $100 before tip
a great value for the experience. Kudos to the Merritt Island team.

This snow bird asks that you please invade northern New England.

1  Thank billy407