“Affordable option”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Merritt Island
Toronto, Canada
“Affordable option”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Not a very big hotel but another affordable option especially during the escalated prices of the Spring/March Break. The check in was quick and efficient and I had no problems getting into the room. The room was an adequate size however everything is in need of replacement – the building and facilities are starting to look and feel a little tired. The king size bed I had definitely needed to be replaced; the mattress had a big hollow in the middle into which I either kept falling or had to attack diagonally and then I had my middle precariously balanced above the chasm. The bathroom was an OK size and I had no issues with water temperature or pressure in the shower. The entire room was also clean and I never felt as though I had to dodge unwelcome critters. Wi-Fi is available throughout the place and I never had any issues with the connection.

The hotel is located along the major road onto Merritt Island and so traffic noise can be a bit of an issue. There are ample food opportunities in the vicinity and most are easy to walk to including a 7-11 and Popeye's chicken (I think it was Popeye's) right next door. The room also had a small kitchenette which was helpful. The location is also handy if you plan on going to visit Cape Canaveral or the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sandman-rogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My 11 year old daughter and I stayed here over a long Presidents day weekend. We were down bird watching at the Merritt Island NWR. This motel offered a budget friendly alternative to the more expensive chain hotels. It has everything you need and is the cleanest place I've stayed at in a long time. That includes some top rated places! I complemented the owner of the establishment about the cleanliness and was told they really want their place to be the best. They accomplished their goal! DON'T LET THE OUTSIDE FOOL YOU! IT IS "OLD FASHIONED".

Room Tip: Upstairs gives you a view of the water and the sunset. A park is just a short walk away as well.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank SarahsHungry
Aiken, SC
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I found this place thanks to tripadvisor reviews and they were right on. It is very cheap and not so bad for the price. The room was in great shape with wide screen TV with cable and furnished very well. It even came with a little kitchen area but someone forgot to put dishes in the cupboards. You only have a small microwave for cooking too but there is a full size refrigerator so you can get a lot of food stored if you are staying for a while. Looks like the place was built to withstand a hurricane as well since the whole construction is steel beams (seen along the ceiling) and concrete block walls.
The drawback is that this motel is right on a very busy road just before the bridge out of town so is a bit traffic noisy. Also the window air conditioner works well but is also noisy. I also did not like the $50 deposit I had to pay with my card (what the heck is with that!?) and the crazy full page of rules you have to sign. I mean, one rule, "No stains on the sheets" YUCK! What do they think I am going to do? At the end of my one day stay, I had to wait a couple minutes while they checked my room, then they ran a refund on my card for the deposit when they found no sheet stains. I was not so happy when my refund did not show up for a couple days on my card but I never fear about that since I had a receipt and Chase takes care of those things very easy.
Also the door lock uses a regular key and there is no security lock inside, not even a chain on the door. I would be sure never to leave a single valuable in the room when I went out and about.
There was plenty of bathroom supplies but no coffee maker. 7-11 was right next door but they charge almost $2 for a 16 oz coffee and I discovered they do not label specialty flavored coffee so beware that your coffee may be not what you really wanted. I hate chocolate flavored coffee! Aside from a few things, I slept just fine and the checkout was fast aside from the "sheet stain" inspection. The place looks like it could be scary but I ended up feeling safe and did not hear any fighting or gun shots while there. I have definitely been in much worse places for higher rates.
I will be returning later to search for a home and probably will stay here then since they have a discounted weekly rate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank knight65202
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Although this motel is not easily noticeable, it is on Merritt Island Causeway just prior to driving into Cocoa Village. The rooms are pristine - clean and newly decorated. All rooms are equipped with a full sized refrigerator and microwave. It is moderatly priced and it is only a short way to Merritt Island Mall. It is also walking distance to historic Cocoa Village. I will recommend this motel to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Don C
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Feb. 8-14, had a great place to stay, friendly staff and very clean! Hope to return for another visit, thanks to Bryan and Lisa for making us feel welcome! This place is near shopping, locations to eat and the beach is not far away. The staff was very attentive to our needs as we had snow back in Pa. And were on a day to day stay. The kitchen extras were a plus as our stay extended. Safe now back in Pa and Yes, it is snowing! We have 14 inches and more predicted!

• Stayed February 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel January 23rd and 24th, 2014 in Room #13. What a wonderful surprise this little motel is. Seems to be from the 1950's - construction was done very sturdily back in those days. Evidently it is slowly being renovated (not quite finished but 99.5% complete) by the new owners.

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I can truthfully say - although this is an old hotel it is truly loved by it's owners. They take great pride in ensuring each and every guest needs are met. I sure as heck wish most of the $$$$ motel/hotels I have stayed; the cleaning crew took even half the effort this little hotels staff does in insuring the rooms (I know my room was) are clean and dust free.

No it is not fancy - it is functional - and you will not find a better priced motel anywhere on the east coast of Florida at the end of January!

Plan on staying there again next time I have a class to attend (or give) in that area.

Thank you Aladdin for a fine stay and your marvelous service.

Chere

Room Tip: Nothing they are renovating. You might want a room further from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chere M
Oak Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm glad we checked reviews before booking this place because it looks like the kind of place that you just drive past. It's a fantastic motel though, so don't pass it by! It's a $50/night no frills motel. It's clean, no bad smells, no bugs, recently remodeled, and has friendly employees. There are some long term apartment type renters here too that seem to take part in the maintenance of the facility. I think that takes part in keeping the place so nice. They are also really friendly. When we checked in, we asked about local places to eat that aren't your typical chain restaurants because we wanted something different. We got some great suggestions and had an amazing dinner down the road at Molly's Seafood. We were very happy to have chosen this place!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
#19 of 31 in Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

Been to Aladdin Motel-Apartments? Share your experiences!