“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by Sonny's bar b.b.q. Merritt Island. I'm very impressed. The restaurant is very clean and the restrooms the same(I always check for cleanliness). We were greeted promptly , friendly, and was asked what we would like to drink. Our server (Danielle) was super great. The all you can eat ribs, O.M.G.! The slaw was super good and I can't say enough good about the ice tea.
They had to find a heavy life crane to move me. We tried the red neck egg rolls too. Again WOW. Sonny's will be a go to place for me when I'm in Merritt Island Florida. Danielle , you're a sweetheart. The rest of you guys , keep up the good work. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.

Mansfield, Texas
“Redneck Egg Rolls might be the food of the Gods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Being from Texas, I usually don't hit many BBQ places, especially in coastal areas where the fish is so amazing. A friend highly recommended the Redneck Egg Rolls at Sonny's, so I had to check it out. They might be the best thing that I have ever eaten. 3 Large Egg Rolls filled with pulled pork and coleslaw. Sounds simple but it is pure genius! The slightly spicy sauce that comes with it makes it. One order was good for me for lunch and I was plenty full. Sorry, I can't speak for the rest of the place. I grabbed them to go and have not tried anything else. These Egg Rolls are worth the trip, though.

• Visited May 2014
Merritt Island, Florida
“Wow. So good. I can't even. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I was in Sonnys last week and got a DELICIOUS baked potato which was almost as hot as our waitress named Ally. Gonna come back every time she works and get some more potatoes! 10/10

Rockledge, Florida
“Poor this time - seems they have a new chef”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have been there frequently and always left completely satisfied. Not so today. The cole slaw was different - not as creamy and it also had a strange and completely different taste. I told the waitress about it, she checked, returned and told us nothing changed. Well, that's NOT true.
The sweet ribs (ribs for two) were stringy and my wife could hardly bite them off the bone. Luckily the beans were as tasty as ever. Since this was the first unpleasant dinner we had there, we'll give Sonny's another chance and go there again some time hoping they return to the quality we used to get.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Peter U, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal on your recent visit with us. Please let us help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location this occurred in, so that we can address the issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us another chance to make it right!
Rockledge, Florida
“LOVED the service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I normally don't write reviews because I have better things to do but I had the pleasure of having Danielle as a server last week and haven't been able to stop thinking about the GREAT service, so I knew I just had to let everyone know that if they plan to visit Sonny's make sure to ask for Danielle. From greeting me with a friendly smile at the front door, getting my drinks right when I sat down, and explaining to me the daily specials and most popular meals, she made my BBQ experience one to remember and want to revisit. Thanks again!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer B, thank you for your great 5 star review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the exceptional service that Danielle had given you. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to more visits from you.