“Good, consistent food. Fav for breakfast.”
Review of Causeway Diner

Causeway Diner
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in Merritt Island
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Family run. Great breakfast. The best grits hands down. The grilled bisciuts are amazing. Try the Athenian omlet or the smoke sausage breakfast.

1  Thank Stuart S

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place was good when it first opened. It seems tired and worn out now. Waiter needed training. Unfortunately, we will not return.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My sweetheart & I are always looking for somewhere "new" to eat. He suggested this place in Merritt Island, but he had not eaten there for years. We were absolutely starving by the time we got there, it was about 9am on a Saturday morning. The place is definitely run down, needs maintenance & upkeep. Also very unappealing to the eye, just kinda' looks like a "greasy spoon" type of restaurant. I figured "ok, let's get past the appearance & check out this food". We decided to split eggs benedict, which was good because the portion was perfect for us... well, it WOULD have been great, but we didn't eat it. My partner wolfed down his egg, the whole time complaining how uncooked it was. I was appalled & felt awful that he even attempted to eat it because it was just horrible. Extremely under cooked & when brought up to the waitress she argued with us. I really can't stand that. I told her I felt that that was a rude & unnecessary approach & that I was very dissatisfied. We refused the food, didn't even hardly touch our ice tea & still got charged for half our meal & our drinks. We didn't eat it or drink it for a reason!!! Very unimpressed with the food & service, we will never attempt to eat there again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I love breakfast any time of the day and this place was most accommodating! Eggs over easy, a small raft of bacon (not too crispy, just the way I like it) and a boat load of REAL home fries (sliced and crispy...not chopped and pale like they belong at the bottom of a drain!) And the only fault was I asked for wheat toast and got rye. The rye actually tasted better! This diner is a winner!

1  Thank next_table
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The first time I visited here was with a few co workers. I thought the booths needed a little updating because most have tape on them but the food was very good. They have great wraps and good breakfast. I went here again with my mom for breakfast and she was impressed. The service was great and our breakfast was great. The food comes out quickly and mention it is your birthday and they offer you a piece of pie.

1  Thank Arielle W