“Nasty, Nasty, Nasty”

Econolodge Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Merritt Island
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Upon arrival it didn't look so bad. The lobby was nice and clean and looked decent. Once we got into our room...things changed. The rooms are very small and packed full with stuff that really just doesn't fit in the room comfortably. The beds are extremely hard, there was hardly any walking space in the room. And it gets worse (i know right?) The bathrooms....oh how i loath these bathrooms. There is not a sink in the actual bathroom. At the back of the room there is a long counter, with your sink and all of the towels and what not items that CHOICE makes them put out. And then the actual bathroom with the shower and the toilet....looks like a forgotten closet. I had to literally push the door past the toilet just to get in. Mold on the ceilings, tubs are dirty and stained. The decor is from the the 80's at least. Blue tile squares....with lots of grout in between. And to make matters worse my 6 and 7 year old daughters found a pair of thongs in-between the bed and the wall. That was fun explaining why underwear looked like butt floss. carpet was nasty dirty.
With all this being said...the witch who checked us in was just that...a witch. But the young man who checked us out was very nice.

Overall...i wouldn't stay here again if it were free. This hotel makes choice hotels look very bad, this should be a crack hotel and then it would get 5 stars.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank SQUEAKERGIRL

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were just there a few nights ago. We booked for one night before leaving for our Cruise the next morning. The beds were horrible, hard, felt like a board over a box spring. The walls had rust stains from apparent previous flooding. The carpet was so filthy that my 1 yr. Old son's feet were black when I wiped them off with a baby wipe. This hotel doesn't look as though any renovations have been made in the past 20 plus years. I could go on, but I will just leave it that I definitely do not recommend this place!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DebB93
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Outdoor corridors, musty smelling rooms, firm beds, shoddy service. The only good thing is cocoa beach is just a few miles away.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank abikeira
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Clarion is located maybe 8 miles from Cocoa Beach and the Cruise terminals.
We had our rooms in seconds after checking in with the front desk. The outside appearance could be refreshed but the rooms were updated the furniture clean and comfortable. Older tiles in the bathroom but nothing wrong with it. Our stay included breakfast at the attached restaurant which was very good. The are pool tables, video games a bar lounge also.
The people working had a cheery disposition and made you feel very welcome. The pool area was very large with picnic and bbq area I think. The tiki hut was not open at the time.
We went down the street a ways to go to dinner at Longhorn steakhouse which was wonderful.

Room Tip: I would choose a courtyard room, we were on second floor at the corner next to the laundry and vendi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisatch
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hotel was old but was ok. The surrounding neighborhood was not that great and we were concerned about our vehicle. The room was average size and ok. The bedding was comfortable. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank susieanderson
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and when we pulled up it didn't look too bad from the outside...Upon entering we noticed the desk clerk on a cell phone. We waited for 5 minutes before we were even acknowledged. When we got into the rooms we noticed that the hotel was older and in need of renovations/repair...the paint was peeling, the top of everything was dusty and like all old hotels it smelled like mold. We requested a different room, and at that time the clerk gave us an attitude as if we were interrupting their nightly chat. Breakfast was served cold and stale and tasteless. We also noticed the breakfast area was in desperate need of deep cleaning...We were there for a weekend and on Saturday night there was some kind of crazy party in the parking lot with thugs and drug dealers everywhere! This is when we decided that we would never return here. I think there is a club attached to the hotel but the type of people that frequent it definitely look like criminals. Upon checkout I informed the clerk of all our issues and was snubbed. I left my phone number for management and was never contacted, as well as I called to follow up multiple times and was never contacted afterwards. Overall UNSATISFIED.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank danjessica4ever
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family and I took a vacation down to Florida to see the Kennedy Space center. Only my mother had booked the sleeping accommodations at the Clarion Hotel. It was dirty and disgusting and the management was horrible. After arriving to the hotel we decided that we did not want to stay in a motel that had birds bathing in the pool. We asked to leave and the manager was so mean to us. He yelled at me and my son tried to defend me and then he screamed at my son for being "disrespectful". If you have children, you will understand my pain of having some strange man yell at his son on account of protecting his mother. I hate this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
#28 of 31 in Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#16 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Econolodge Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!