“Wonderful!”
Review of Port d'Hiver

Port d'Hiver
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I can't say enough about our stay at this inn. From the minute we arrived, we felt so welcomed. We arrived during the wine hour and got to sip our wine as we toured the grounds. This place is even more beautiful than the pictures. The pool/fountain area is gorgeous. Our room, the Windward suite, was amazing. It is much bigger than it appears in pictures. I loved how they had soft music playing and the lights dimmed upon our arrival. It really set the mood! Breakfast was the best I've ever had. The personal service we received was just out of this world. We felt so pampered. Our suite had a huge tub that had more than enough room for two. It was so nice to come home from dinner each night and find our bed turned down and a sweet treat for us. They also have coffee and cookies 24/7 and everything you need for the beach. I cannot wait to return!
note- Although this place isn't right on the beach, it is just a very, very short walk to it. Don't let that discourage you from staying here!

Room Tip: I loved the Windward suite. It is much bigger than it looks and it is so romantic- Huge jetted tub...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had an absolutely wonderful time. We were looking for a quick laid back getaway, and we got it. The inn is simply beautiful. We stayed in the yellow room, which was immaculate. We loved having the breakfasts on our deck each day, and they were very accommodating to my vegetarian diet. The amenities also are incredible. I feel as though I have stayed at some beautiful places before, but I can easily say this is the nicest place I have ever stayed. We were truly sad to leave and will be back. My only complaint, and by complaint I mean I never even mentioned it during my stay, is that I found their wifi signal to be very weak. Even so, I consider our stay to have been perfect.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked this place after reading so many reviews and viewing the property website online for a 10th anniversary trip. We my wife and I arrived in August it was one of those rare occasions that the room we booked looked better than the presentation online for the Carriage House. The room was much more roomy than pictured and had a nice openness to it. All the extras included from evening reception to beach chairs, and snacks were a great touch to our stay. Since this is a bed and breakfast, both breakfast experiences on the balcony and in the main house were definitely worthy of "breakfast" in the name. Even our "early breakfast" of an omelet was just as great as the regular breakfast offerings.

In terms of service, everyone there was friendly and you felt welcome at all times. The staff provided us with great recommendations on dinner and things to do, and all of those were awesome.

A few things also from my observations is that if you are looking for a place in your typical mega-resort full of chains this not the area to stay for you. The local area around the place has a great small beach town feel without the crowds. It's awesome being to walk from one side of the island to other of the island in a short walk.

My only regret with the stay is that it was not longer, beyond that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for great escape to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just returned from a weekend get away with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. We booked the newly renovated Walters Suite and couldn't have been happier. The room was beautiful and charming with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay tremendously. My husband commented several times on how friendly everyone was. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and filling enough that we skipped lunch each day. The 24 hour fresh baked cookies were a delight as well and we looked forward to them upon our return. Thanks for a wonderful stay and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Was looking for a small and quiet weekend get away sandwiched in between business trips and this was the perfect place. Havana room was beautiful, the service immaculate and the breakfasts delicious. Restaurant across the street on the beach was good too. I highly recommend this B&B. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was looking for a very romantic and quiet B&B to celebrate our wedding anniversary and after searching and searching I definitely made a good choice! It was a surprise for my wife and she loved it and we enjoyed it very much!
We stayed at the "Indian River" room..very romantic, beautiful and quiet. The porch was lovely and with the ambiance of the water cascade from the spa.
Breakfast and cookies were amazing! We had breakfast twice at the room's porch and everything was delivered perfectly and delicious.
Service was excellent! All staff was courteous and always ready to help.
Bicycles, beach chairs and umbrella were included. Also plenty of snacks.
The web site is very professional with excellent pictures that give you a good perspective.
For all of the above and more is the best B&B we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room and don't care about the view, stay at the Indian River / South Cabana...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lualqui
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After doing Orlando and touring Florida - came to Melbourne for three nights romantic get away to chill - and just couldn't have been better. The location, the rooms and the breakfast (breakfast is just not adequate to describe - morning feasts are more accurate) are just amazing - the web site and info received just don't do the place justice - and I've run out of superlatives to describe the friendliness, the service the facilities and the constant food - cookies, 5pm canapés, and again the breakfasts - as well as a home made cake treat on the pillow each night. Loads of advice on where to eat and visit as well as chairs and all equipment and drinks you could need on the beach. Our room was the Indian River room and I could just trip down the steps into the plunge pool - luxury all round as well as a Jacuzzi in the room. Classic old Florida house with shutters and verandas - just could have wished for more - we will be back as soon as we can arrange it. My Google of 'B&B on the Beach' just could have been more successful!

Room Tip: Any room in the south cabana for us - cool and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
19 mi away
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Port d'Hiver? Share your experiences!