“Can't beat the experience here...”
Review of Port d'Hiver

Port d'Hiver
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Loxahatchee, FL
“Can't beat the experience here...”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. We stayed in the Sunrise Room and just loved it! The room is beautiful, as is the bathroom, especially the 2-person jacuzzi tub. Everything was very clean and incredibly comfortable and Jack Johnson was always on when we came back to the room :) The fountain with the double staircase by the pool is the most gorgeous piece of architecture I have seen in a long time. And don't get me started on all the Chicago brick everywhere, the lush landscaping and the historic pieces scattered around. It was truly a feast for the eyes! Aside from that, I want to touch on just how accommodating they were with my diet. I am vegan and I notified them of this when I made my reservations. The breakfast both mornings was absolutely delicious! Banana french toast bake and tofu tomato veggie quiche as main entrees, with fresh fruit and vegan muffins as starters. I can't say enough about how delicious the food was. My husband's food was equally delicious (not vegan). We chose to eat outside in one of the several seating/dining areas they had set up on the property, which were all lovely. And the bikes they have available (for free!) were awesome! We rode around Melbourne for a couple of hours and it was so nice and relaxing. What else can I say about Port d'Hiver? Beautiful place, great staff, very accommodating, delicious food. I definitely recommend Port d'Hiver! We have been to several B&Bs and this was hands down our favorite. We are already planning our next trip there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Port D'Hiver for a romantic weekend getaway and we couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed in the Ella Belle room and it was beautiful with a lovely deck just perfect for our breakfasts. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and was by far the best food we ate all weekend. The grounds are lovely and wonderfully maintained as well. I can't wait for another weekend getaway!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean stay in Ella Belles room or Walters room.
1 Thank cjqueen
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My 86-year old Mom and I stayed here in May for our mother/daughter trip. Port D'Hiver offers the Creole Room as accessible and it was perfect for us!! Awesome view of the beautiful pool, very quiet, queen bed and daybed for separate sleeping (hard to find in a B&B), walk-in shower and a soaking tub. Delicious gluten-free options were available for breakfast, happy hour and our evening snack. So much attention to detail!! There were beach towels, chairs, coolers, snacks and drinks available for our use. The staff was so helpful and attentive. We were treated like royalty. This place is a must!!

Room Tip: Creole Room was very accessible. Ground floor with walk-in shower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret E
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The innkeeper and staff were so lovely and accomodating. I am super fussy about cleanliness and my room was immaculate. The bedding was exceptional, both in appearance and cleanliness. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
I also have to recommend the spa pool. I have never used a salt water pool and never want to use anything but salt water from now on. It was heated to the most comfortable temperature and the jets and waterfall provided a comforting massage. My friend and I used it daily and both our skin felt amazingly soft following our stay.
Breakfast was wonderful...tasty and more than we could eat.
I can't say enough nice things about our stay.

Room Tip: Stay at the main inn if you love historic authenticity.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank viviane730
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The staff are amazing, location fantastic and decor out of this world.
This hotel is a true credit to Melbourne Beach and I hope the owners are proud. Don't be put off by the A1A passing right outside as the hotel has been restored using top quality solid mahogany doors and double glazed windows making it a quiet as can be.
Melbourne Beach is a great quiet little town and this hotel adds to the entire charm of the town. The breakfast is amazing and there are so many extra services (including room service) that are you charged for.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Room Tip: The creole is close to the pool. They have covered parking available.
1 Thank mycaptainchris
Portdhver, Owner at Port d'Hiver, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks for the great review! Just want to clarify, there is no charge for the extra services.

Mike
Owner/Innkeeper
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I can not say enough good things about this b&b. We have stayed in b&b's in all over the world and I can truly say that this was one of the best. It was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, and all the amenities you need. They have thought of all the details including beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels, snacks for the beach, water, coffee and fresh baked cookies, and turn down service with a little fresh baked treat left on your pillow. I could go on and on but really, you should just stay there. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Indian River room. It was a large room with a sitting area, large bathroom, and pr...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTraveller65
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Lovely little inn. Everyone is so nice. Rooms are beautiful and service is perfect. Great romantic get-away.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Inn at Cocoa Beach
Inn at Cocoa Beach
#1 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Port d'Hiver? Share your experiences!