“Where the local eat in Mel Beach”
Review of The Beach Shack on Ocean Ave - CLOSED

The Beach Shack on Ocean Ave
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Best food on the beach just steps from the shore.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We live and play in Melbourne Beach and the Beach Shack on Ocean Ave. is our favorite spot. Fun and casual with the best food in town we stop in with out kids or friends from near and far. Only steps away from the beach it makes for a great refueling stop in between surfs or a perfect end of the day dinner.

The mahi bowl if my favorite, the kids love their "pig in a pancho" and you can never go wrong with their world class tacos. Give them a try, you won't be sorry!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went there for lunch on Friday, March 1st and had a great meal. The Cuban press sandwich (a.k.a. an El Cubano) and was delicious. Their black beans and rice was amazing too. Highly recommend The Beach Shack on Ocean Avenue if you are in the Melbourne, Florida area. Friendly service and the charming atmosphere make the experience all the better. Easily 5 stars!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm so glad we took a break from the craziness of Disney/strip-mall fest of Orlando and drove down to Melbourne Beach for the day. Based on reviews here, we sat outside and had lunch here at this small, delicious destination. One of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have ever eaten, and my husbands fish tacos were insanely good. I loved this place, and the owners were so incredibly warm and friendly. I'd go back tomorrow if I could! Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

we went there for lunch yesterday and ordered cuban pork with beans and rice...wow who knew that it would be soo good? this was every bit as good as any cuban restaurant we have been to! my husband ordered the shrimp and fries, that also was very good! we will return again!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Casual as the beach. Owner is cooking and greeting. I found on TA! We really enjoyed the Cuban/Fl food. You can miss this gem on A1 A with a blink. I will go again.